NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
fex

Blind Kid Gets a Wii and TP

Even if his sonar abilities were geniune which is doubtful, then it still wouldnt explain how he'd see 3D objects off a 2D tv, sonar would make it look flat and also that the sound is falsely transmitted from fixed speakers. It's likely that he isnt fully blind. However, i'd try to remain open minded if his abilities could be shown to exist through scientific measurement.

I respect him for living that kind of life with all his limitations, he's really strong, but let's cut the PC bull here kids, that daredevil thing is impossible. Also it's freaking ridiculous, why would he want a console?

Yeah, you are right on both points, I mean his hearing is just the same as ours and we can't hear clicks ecoing off stuff. And if he is blind, with or without "eco powers" he still won't be able to play it properly. But if he does have some vission then he'll like it.

Yeah, you are right on both points, I mean his hearing is just the same as ours and we can't hear clicks ecoing off stuff. And if he is blind, with or without "eco powers" he still won't be able to play it properly. But if he does have some vission then he'll like it.

You know, blind people usually have better hearing than non-blind people. All of their senses are better because they have to rely on them more (mostly their hearing).

Still, sonar earing isn't part of the human organism, it's just impossible.

I'd still rather have all my senses fairly intact (after years of abuse) than a Wii a few weeks early. Good luck to the kid, I hope someone can help him see properly once in his lifetime. It just isn't fair he got dealt a Beadle hand of cards so early on into the game.

Still, sonar earing isn't part of the human organism, it's just impossible.

Well, I'm not saying that what he does is actually real. Just saying that he probably does have better hearing than most of us.

Well, I'm not saying that what he does is actually real. Just saying that he probably does have better hearing than most of us.

There's probably some element of truth in that. For example, the same might be said about deaf people. They might have better sight than the rest of us, and can use it for lip-reading and such.

I don't really believe this much cause I don't see how he can see whats being displayed on a PC monior or TV.

Or hes been iven a special version of the TP which allows him to reconise whats going on the screen and maybe even someone reading out the text for him

Why would they make 1 special version unless.....

3D PROJECTION!!!

I think he can see with the clicks,just not on a screen.

Why would they make 1 special version unless.....

3D PROJECTION!!!

I think he can see with the clicks,just not on a screen.

Thats not what I'm saying is because he can see by 10% then if they have bright colours for the buttons to press and have voice over for the story, plus as well it makes everyone in the audience by a Wii for there kids.

he dances like he has no bones :S

if was a cardboard Wii and he tryed to plug it in id laugh..o how id laugh :)

i want a nintendo wii as well wheres mine ;)...na the guy deserves it enjoy it dude :D

I think you guys are confusing him saying "I say it on the internet" and him actually seeing it. I think he uses the term like a seeing person because he doesn't think of himself as anything less. But what he probably means is listened to a video or conference.

Unless I'm completely wrong and he can see partially.

It said he has prosthetic eyes. Meaning he doesn't have eyes at all. Just glass balls. So he can't even have 10% sight. TBH he's just a bullshitter in my opinion. However if they scientifically prove that he can use echo location then I will eat his glass balls.

It said he has prosthetic eyes. Meaning he doesn't have eyes at all. Just glass balls. So he can't even have 10% sight. TBH he's just a bullshitter in my opinion. However if they scientifically prove that he can use echo location then I will eat his glass balls.

I thought he has just one fake eye?

Even if his sonar abilities were geniune which is doubtful, then it still wouldnt explain how he'd see 3D objects off a 2D tv, sonar would make it look flat and also that the sound is falsely transmitted from fixed speakers. It's likely that he isnt fully blind. However, i'd try to remain open minded if his abilities could be shown to exist through scientific measurement.

The kid never claimed that he used his echolocation technique to play video games. Judging by volumes and training himself with heightened senses he can see cars and things like steps, it's not amazing - but it's viable.

I would imagine he plays video games by using surround sound, music turned down a bit and possibly a friend's help. When you're only focusing on one thing such as the sound of your own footsteps, it's not impossible to find your way around a game - and if that's all you know you don't feel that you're missing content. Of course in TP there will be things he won't be able to do, like fire a bow or know which enemy he has targetted, but he has friends who will play the game with him.

Some of you give this kid some credit! You think he would be on Ellen if his whole story was BS? And the guy doesn't know how he looks dancing, he's just overwhelmed to be the centre of so much attention.

Making fun of people less fortunate than yourselves is pretty low ;)

And the guy doesn't know how he looks dancing, he's just overwhelmed to be the centre of so much attention.

I thought his moves were pretty swish, he'd get away with dancing like that at party I was at.

You know, blind people usually have better hearing than non-blind people. All of their senses are better because they have to rely on them more (mostly their hearing).

This is a complete myth, and one that is very offensive to blind people in my experience. This myth has spread so that people can feel better about blind people and say "well their other senses are heightened".

This is 100% untrue, unless someone coincidentally has very sensitive hearing or something. Blind people simply rely on their other senses, however they are not improved over those of full-sighted people in any way.

This is a complete myth, and one that is very offensive to blind people in my experience. This myth has spread so that people can feel better about blind people and say "well their other senses are heightened".

This is 100% untrue, unless someone coincidentally has very sensitive hearing or something. Blind people simply rely on their other senses, however they are not improved over those of full-sighted people in any way.

This is partially true... I've seen many shows on discovery that would disagree with you and prove it.

No, technically your brain does not make up for lost senses by improving the others, how... or why could it? If your brain could heighten your senses then why not heighten them all the time, and it's not as though you can just devote brain power from your eyes to your other senses.

Rather, it's psychological. If you just walk around with a blindfold on for a day you will notice the difference. Relying on your hearing and not concentrating on sight just makes you pick up a lot more sounds - and if you have to depend on sound, you'll train yourself to recognise the smallest differences. It's not something only blind people can do, rather it's something only blind people ever choose to do.

the kid only plays mortal combat as he can work out whats going on by the sound effects from the tv. Google ben underwood for some articles that explain it.

Blind Kid Gets TP

cornholio.jpg

"I AM THE GREAT CORNHOLIO!"

I have a serious off topic question. Are there Wii memory cards to buy or can we save on the cube ones?

Sign in to follow this