Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

European Wii Preorders

Charlie

To be honest I wouldn't of thought going to WHSmith.Also check out this:

A record previously held by Harry Potter and Coldplay's X&Y album, the Wii is now the fastest selling item in Amazon UK's history. Amazon.co.uk’s console and videogames manager James Schall said: "We expected a high number of people to visit the site today but the response was phenomenal."

Those who pre-ordered their console during the seven minute window this morning will be guaranteed a console at launch if they pay a small extra fee for handling and quick delivery. The seven minute selling spree was delayed until gone 9.30 due to the sheer number of people accessing Amazon to try and place their order. Eventually the proverbial doors open and within seven minutes they were closed again.

If you want a Wii at launch now now and still haven't pre-ordered one, we wish you the very best of luck...

Source

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason it says Novemeber is because Argos dont usually provide a preordering system. Thats why you pay straight away, thats why it gives a dispatch date two days after you place an order. The system they use has not been confiqured correctly for preordering. It would cost money to change these minor faults and company choose to ignore tham rather than pay to rejig their system.

Yeah I suspected as much; of course I didn't think they would actually deliver wii in November!

What I was getting at is that there seems to be absolutely no notion of thinking how they are to deal with Wii preorders. They didn't even have a list at my local store. Staff didn't even know what Wii is. In other words, when you place a preorder at some highstreet Argos, you don't really know what you're getting yourself into. It could even be delivered next year. That wouldn't exactly instill courage in me to try placing a preorder there.

But I read someone write earlier that the helpline for online preorder at their site confirmed the launch day delivery.... which is nice. So best go do it online and not at the stores.

I dunno why so many of you have left it so late!! I went into GAME the day they started pre-ordering.

I preordered from Gamestation very early on, but then I recently found out that my local Gamestation is closing before the Wii is launched, so I have been told I can transfer my preorder, whilst keeping my spot in the line. As other Gamestations aren't that close to me, I would rather have got it from Amazon than have to treck out somewhere to get it.

I preordered from Gamestation very early on, but then I recently found out that my local Gamestation is closing before the Wii is launched, so I have been told I can transfer my preorder, whilst keeping my spot in the line. As other Gamestations aren't that close to me, I would rather have got it from Amazon than have to treck out somewhere to get it.

just make sure that theres a midnight launch then go there and get the Wii and get back probs before a few people who have had theirs preordered online.

I managed to get my Wii preordered with Amazon yesterday and it says that it will be dispatched today and will be delivered tomorrow or Friday. Was just wondering if anybody else has that happen to them as most seem to be saying after the launch date!?

I was also wondering about the remotes and nunchuck controlers, they don't seem to have went on sale on Amazon yet, it still says; "We will e-mail you when this item becomes available." Anybody got any ideas when this might be or how much they will charge?

I managed to get my Wii preordered with Amazon yesterday and it says that it will be dispatched today and will be delivered tomorrow or Friday. Was just wondering if anybody else has that happen to them as most seem to be saying after the launch date!?

I was also wondering about the remotes and nunchuck controlers, they don't seem to have went on sale on Amazon yet, it still says; "We will e-mail you when this item becomes available." Anybody got any ideas when this might be or how much they will charge?

They have sold out their intial quantities of controllers I think, as the delivery date issues, change it too super saver then back to 1st class (if thats wot your doing) and it will change to 8th December mine said the 15th at first think its just a balls up at first, read back in this thread a few others myself included had this problem

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. Hello to all!

I've pre-ordered my Wii with Argos - just the standard console and WiiSports package with Zelda, of course too. I've phoned up twice before and been told by two different people that I WILL get my console on the 8th. I phoned up again today, spoke to somebody different, who said that I , quote "may get it on the 8th but we'll have a lot of deliveries so it could be the 9th or 10th...it won't be long after"...

:-( I want it at launch. Cue: spoilt brat alert.

Anyone else ordered with Argos?

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. Hello to all!

I've pre-ordered my Wii with Argos - just the standard console and WiiSports package with Zelda, of course too. I've phoned up twice before and been told by two different people that I WILL get my console on the 8th. I phoned up again today, spoke to somebody different, who said that I , quote "may get it on the 8th but we'll have a lot of deliveries so it could be the 9th or 10th...it won't be long after"...

:-( I want it at launch. Cue: spoilt brat alert.

Anyone else ordered with Argos?

God love these companies. Why did you have to ring three times?

just make sure that theres a midnight launch then go there and get the Wii and get back probs before a few people who have had theirs preordered online.

The nearest Gamestation now is actually quite far away, so I'm not going to go at midnight. I'll pick it up at about midday on the 8th.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!