Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

European Wii Preorders

Charlie

Wheeee, I got mine early! =D

I had a pre-order, sort of, and they said they would send me an email when I would be able to pick it up. I never got a paper for it though, so I went in the store again today to ask when they Wii would be on sale and if they would set one aside for me. The guy says that I have to wait till the 8th and that they would normally keep one for me.

I come home, do my usual stuff (nap) and then read my emails. Ploink! A mail from the store. Saying that the Wii is in and that I can pick it up till Saturday. I send a mail back asking if I can pick it up now, and they say yes! So I went into the store at 6 pm to get my Wii, together with Zelda! =D

There were a couple of other people already picking up theirs too. Apparently the store (which is a pretty big one) ordered 300 Wii systems, but only got about 15! O.o

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh.

Amazon dispatched my console and extra nunchuk but no games.

Bugger.

wot games u ordered? my zelda is coming by royal mail and wasn't confirmed as posted till hours after my Wii. now annoyingly zelda might not be here till 9th, but thats ok, maybe the same will happen to urs?

anyway i'm off to bed soon, try and get a good night, cos know im gonna wake up real early for the Wii coming in the post!

so hope everyone has a good Wii day and I'll see you all on the other side.

By the way, I saw my local Gamestation taking the discs out of a HUGE pile of Zelda boxes yesterday. Must have been at least 20-30. Considering it's a small one in a Blockbuster, I was quite surprised.

Only saw 4(!) boxes of that racing game that escapes me right now. Might actually pick up a game or two more than I thought, because I think that they will be in VERY high demand until the end of the year, not only the consoles.

I'm just hoping I'll be able to get all four controllers + nunchucks I'm hoping for. Might actually do a bit of midnight shopping at ASDA and Tesco if I can't...

I sent Amazon a message about them not having my Monkey Ball or WiiPlay dispatched, thought later finding out my Monkey Ball was "dispatching soon". I got an E-mail back with some info on WiiPlay that others might find useful:

...Further, we are still waiting on the following item "Wii Play

(includes Wiimote controller) (Wii)" to be delivered to us by our

supplier.

I hope that you would appreciate that being the retailers we are

totally dependant on our suppliers for the supply, and the latest

information from our suppliers shows that they are facing unexpected

delays in obtaining this item.

We still expect to dispatch your order by the

date listed in Your Account: December 07, 2006 - December 07, 2006...

So not looking good for WiiPlay, looks like I'll be hunting around for that and a nunchuck tonight and possibly some point tomorrow if I have no luck.

And it looks like I'll possibly not get Monkey Ball til 9th as it's still only dispatching soon, which sucks for my plans of big multiplayering tomorrow though hopefully I can get the remote and nunchuck somewhere.

Although as a possitive, my Wii is currently sorted in the Parcel Force National Hub, so I'll be making Miis in no time, and I recon I've got a good chance of Zelda appearing tomorrow too! Woooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

(And there's always Wii Sports as well! Can you play bowling and golf multiplayer with just the one controler passing it between or do you need that number of controls?)

All my Amazon stuff is estimated 8th-9th (including Wii) but my Zelda was dispatched before my Wii during the day so I think there's a good chance of it arriving tomorrow. I guess there's still a chance for Monkey Ball but I doubt it, being dispatched so late!

And yeah, the games all royal mail.

Just hope I can get out ma bed for signing for my Wii!

Yeah those fucking liars at Asda screwed me out of a Wii, too. Told me I should turn up around 11.30 as they wouldn't be allowing queues, turn up about 10 to scout and oh look, a queue of 12 people for 12 Wiis. Thanks dickheads.

sounds like a lot of people got stung by this, doesnt seem fair that they say one thing then do another, lying bastards that they are!

Yeah those fucking liars at Asda screwed me out of a Wii, too. Told me I should turn up around 11.30 as they wouldn't be allowing queues, turn up about 10 to scout and oh look, a queue of 12 people for 12 Wiis. Thanks dickheads.

I've been saying all along do not trust Asda. I work for them, I know what they are like.

The problem with ASDA is the manager or whoever is in charge clearly goes home at 6pm, leaving the rookies on the night shift to take charge.

That manager has clearly not briefed them on ASDA's policy: no pre-orders.

Fair enough if there is a queue of 12 people and they were the first 12 there.. but ASDA should not have told you to turn up at 11:30.

Whoever leaked that list of ASDA's stock is a retard.

About Amazon preorder.

Earlier today I checked the order status of my Wii number of times in the morning, afternoon and evening before I came back home. Each time it had "Not Yet Dispatched" status. I was worried, but somehow I thought they'd mess few things up so I didn't think much of it.

I came back home earlier and checked again at around 10:50pm and the status had changed to "Dispatching Soon". I still don't know if it'll arrive on the 8th, but over the past few years I've learned that Amazon works overnight and keep processing/packaging/dispatching orders throughout the night.

So... fingers crossed. Oh, and their dispatch/arrival date system is so screwed up. It's an automated system. It's accurate enough for average items, but something like hectic Wii preorders messes up their system so I wouldn't think much of it if I were you.

Oh wank.

It turns out I got a letter this morning from Curry's saying that they wont have my Wii at launch...

However, I have a sneaky tactic. My dad is gonna go in, hand over the pre-order/deposit receipt, and act as if we never got the letter. It might just work, as the shop's first priority will be making money.

And if not, they my just have one lying around for sale.

I ordered from gameplay too and have had my Wii, Zelda and Red Steel dispatched today.

Haven't got an email though...but I think it's because my order also included an extra Wiimote. Therefore the order isn't totally complete, yet the other items have been shipped (Gameplay taking only enough money for the 3 items they have dispatched).

Not sure how many extra separate Wiimotes they must have received in, as I would imagine I was pretty high on the list having got my order in less than 20 mins after the preorder open email was sent out on the 26th September!! :wink:

Pays off to get it done early mind!

About Amazon preorder.

Earlier today I checked the order status of my Wii number of times in the morning, afternoon and evening before I came back home. Each time it had "Not Yet Dispatched" status. I was worried, but somehow I thought they'd mess few things up so I didn't think much of it.

I came back home earlier and checked again at around 10:50pm and the status had changed to "Dispatching Soon". I still don't know if it'll arrive on the 8th, but over the past few years I've learned that Amazon works overnight and keep processing/packaging/dispatching orders throughout the night.

So... fingers crossed. Oh, and their dispatch/arrival date system is so screwed up. It's an automated system. It's accurate enough for average items, but something like hectic Wii preorders messes up their system so I wouldn't think much of it if I were you.

Not trying to damped your hoped but mies been dispatched since about 3 and i have a trcking number and everything.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!