NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

Did your GameStation know their Wii allocation yet?

Well done for the people that got a Wii from Amazon.

Congrats to those who got pre-orders at Amazon, for those who didnt, your best bet is Argos and over less obvious stores.

On amazon, wii remotes, nunchucks and some of the cables are "out of stock". Surely they could'nt be sold out of controllers?

On amazon, wii remotes, nunchucks and some of the cables are "out of stock". Surely they could'nt be sold out of controllers?

Apparently this is one of the main things in the US - people can't get controllers/nunchucks and other accessories... best to pre-order I reckon...

Guys dont know about anyone else but I'm absolutely SICK of gamestation not giving anyone any news. I called their head office and said how poor I thought it was that everyone around me knows whether or not they are getting their Wii's apart from people who ordered from gamestation (in terms of pure videogame shops/sites).

They know their company allocation. Can it really be that difficult to let the people know who preordered early whether its a yes or a no?

My mum didn't quite manage to preorder one on Amazon for me. She had to enter her credit card details, and by the time she'd done that, they were all gone. Gamestation it is.

I dunno why so many of you have left it so late!! I went into GAME the day they started pre-ordering.

I dunno why so many of you have left it so late!! I went into GAME the day they started pre-ordering.

Ditto! I went into my fav. local indy game shop and pre-ordered their last Wii! I felt a tremendous sense of luck that day :laughing:

I suppose some people thought Amazon was probably going to be the most reliable since they were only starting the pre-orders when they knew their exact allocations.

I wasn't sure whether or not i wanted to get a Wii :P but things changed and i was lucky enough to be able to get my pre-order in with Amazon earlier.

well thats just a lie really as I done the pre order for you as you had work, but it was the first day they started pre orders.

Well I didn't want to go with Amazon at all but GAME stiffed me. To be fair it was my own fault for cancelling my first GAME preorder and trying to go with Argos only to have them stiff me also.

Did your GameStation know their Wii allocation yet?

Didn't ask. But the last time I asked, they said they were confident they'd fill all pre-orders. And I'm number 28. So I'd guess they'd get at least that many.

Me too. I actually think after yesterday, preordering some games, she flicked through the pages and im sure i was actually number 1 in the book. She openend it after the first page and there i was.

First chance i got i preordered it. I had my name down for that interest thing when the DSlite came out. Then i wwn in one day and they were taking preorders. I went home satisfied. A phone call alter inthe day saying they are now taking preorders! i was chuffed.

I went to pre-order at Game on third day of accepting pre-orders, ya know what? Im definitly getting one for launch and im 4th in line.

Has any one tried BlockBuster? Thats one un-obvious place for actually buying a console, and not too many people are going to think about going there to pre-order.

Guys dont know about anyone else but I'm absolutely SICK of gamestation not giving anyone any news. I called their head office and said how poor I thought it was that everyone around me knows whether or not they are getting their Wii's apart from people who ordered from gamestation (in terms of pure videogame shops/sites).

They know their company allocation. Can it really be that difficult to let the people know who preordered early whether its a yes or a no?

Completely agree with you, mate. What makes it worse for me is that GAME or Gameplay pre-orderers know whether or not they're getting a Wii at launch, whereas us Gamestation people are just left in the dark. We probably won't even know til launch day, which just isn't fair.

good luck getting amazon to send it you on time, the last game i pre ordered from them (a whole month and a half!) before it was released still didn't get dispatched till the release date even though i paid for top delivery. Amazon don't care about getting items to their customers by release date, hope you have better luck then me anyway :)

It just occured to me, maybe Gamestation are hoping to do the american thing and not do first come first serve with the pre-orders (As in first come first serve on collection, but you have to have a pre-order) instead of what GAME and other sites are doing were they get stock, and if they get 15, the first 15 pre-orders get them.

Not sure if what I said made total sense, but thats how im currently guessing.

good luck getting amazon to send it you on time, the last game i pre ordered from them (a whole month and a half!) before it was released still didn't get dispatched till the release date even though i paid for top delivery. Amazon don't care about getting items to their customers by release date, hope you have better luck then me anyway :)

Really? I've always used amazon and they've never given me any problems.

I left it late thinking who the fuck is gonna by a Wii, expecting to strut into a store, let the moths fly out of my wallet, lay down some reddies and walk out with the thing. Obviously its not the case, so my bro got a pre-order at amazon in double quick time.

It just occured to me, maybe Gamestation are hoping to do the american thing and not do first come first serve with the pre-orders (As in first come first serve on collection, but you have to have a pre-order) instead of what GAME and other sites are doing were they get stock, and if they get 15, the first 15 pre-orders get them.

Not sure if what I said made total sense, but thats how im currently guessing.

If they dare do that, it negates the point of a pre-order. I'm a bastard for complaining if the did that to me they would hear no end. especially seeing how I'm going to midnight launch.

the last time I asked, they said they were confident they'd fill all pre-orders. And I'm number 28. So I'd guess they'd get at least that many.

They told me the same thing. And I'm #12 on the list at my Gamestation, but they were confident they'd get a lot.

I remember the Gamecube launch... i just stroled into Whsmith without a pre-order and got a black one... so if any of you have problems finding a Wii you should try there.

I remember the Gamecube launch... i just stroled into Whsmith without a pre-order and got a black one... so if any of you have problems finding a Wii you should try there.

yeah i'd agree I worked for WHSmith at the time, we got 20 cubes in and only had 2 preorders (1 was me!) so definitely recommend trying them, having said they have downsized their gaming buying now, so may not have quite as many now.

Anyhow, got 2 preorders now for me, my one at work HMV (owing to moving branches though didn't preorder till orders were in 30's) and my amazon one, gonna just get amazon one now, and get games on discount from work.