98 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the Revolutions Graphics will be like

• Dont care about Graphics full STOP
    • Slightly better than a Gamecube
    • Slightly WORSE than an XBOX 360
    • In between XBOX 360 and PS3
    • Significantly better than the competition
    • MIND BLOWINGLY UNBELIEVABLE *light years ahead*

I was wondering what people actually believe the revolutions graphics will be like? Irrespective of countless rumours. I believe it will have the same graphics than a xbox 360. *I soooooo wish they are better than that and can blow me away as much as the controller did*

well considering how a graphics card released in january for instance for £300 and in july the same gfx card will cost £150 then im sure it will be on par with 360. since there is at least a 6month gap between the 2.

Yes i agree ^^^^^^^^^ there is a quite a big gap between the two, but im still expecting "Slightly WORSE than an XBOX 360".

ur forgetting what nintendo have done with cube mapping- aparrently beautiful grafics can be made with it so i say in between the 2

I dont care about the graphics. I just want a new way of gaming, without getting bored. Not a realistic Yoshi, weres the imagination after that?

This is actually difficult to pin point because of the "rumour" that nintendo has developed a way of creating stunning visuals without the need for a lot of a power.

So I believe its graphical outake is above that of the cube (think that would be obvious) maybe enough to reach the X360, but so that developers could have the tools to compare with the PS3 and X360 without comprimise.

I'm not too fussed but I'd imagine it'll be on par (not noticeable at least) with the Xbox360.

As long as the games look as good as Res Evil 4 (minimum) I'll be happy!

Iwata keeps saying that the Revos graphics will be great, if not quite as good as the opposition, and I am fully expecting to be reasonably impressed once we start seeing some Smash Bros or Metroid Prime 3 footage.

It's going to be slightly worse on reg TV's and you will be able to tell a big difference when Xbox 360 and PS3 gamesa re running on HDTV's.

"When you hook the conosles up to a reg tv I don't think you will be able to tell a huge difference" Which means that you actually will tell a difference on reg TV's and a bigger difference on HDTV's.

I dont care about the graphics. I just want a new way of gaming, without getting bored.

Same here. Graphics doesn´t make the game, it´s the playbility that´s most important.

Same here. Graphics doesn´t make the game, it´s the playbility that´s most important.

Gameplay doesn't make the game. You have to integrate great graphics with great gameplay to make a game good. Do you think you would have the same experience with Metroid Prime or RE4 if the GFX sucked? Everytime someone asks Nintendo about GFX they give you "None gamers don't care about GFX" which is true because they don't play games. Nintendo has to stop acting stupid and provide the best of both worlds instead of trying to sell the console on a new game play method.

Man, im tired of 3-D games. As long as the Rev dishes out plenty of super sharp 2-D games i could care less if theyre a lil underpowered. My feeling with this generation of graphics was, after 2 years , they felt stale, just like the N64 before it. After 2 years or 3 years of 360/Rev/PS3 graphics, theyre probably gonna feel stale too. Anyway im ranting, but please Nintendo, give me a 2-D sequel to Super Metroid (none of this Prime nonsense), Kid Icarus, and Punch-Out and ill be good to go for another 5 years

Man, im tired of 3-D games. As long as the Rev dishes out plenty of super sharp 2-D games i could care less if theyre a lil underpowered. My feeling with this generation of graphics was, after 2 years , they felt stale, just like the N64 before it. After 2 years or 3 years of 360/Rev/PS3 graphics, theyre probably gonna feel stale too. Anyway im ranting, but please Nintendo, give me a 2-D sequel to Super Metroid (none of this Prime nonsense), Kid Icarus, and Punch-Out and ill be good to go for another 5 years

Why don't you get a DS if you want 2D GFX.

Why don't you get a DS if you want 2D GFX.

Good point, but i can only invest so much in these systems and my next purchase is gonna be a console. I really wanna see what these high-end consoles can do with 2-D other than ports and retro compilations. As good at these handhelds are, they arent for me, id rather play on the big screen anyday.

Graphics aren't so important as higher performance levels. I want to be able to have bigger, more complex, more detailed rather than "looks more realistic".

Gameplay doesn't make the game. You have to integrate great graphics with great gameplay to make a game good.

I understand well what you mean. It´s just that I put more value in gameplay than graphics. I´ve always been this way.

Do you think you would have the same experience with Metroid Prime or RE4 if the GFX sucked?

I don´t know that. Do you know that? You would probably say no. Those games could very much well be as good as they are with lower graphics.

We all have different opinions. Mine is that I put gameplay ahead of graphics.

I think good graphics aren't really important to create a great atmosphere, lot's of little details make a game realistic (lately played a game from 1996 and it felt realer than many up to date graphics games) still I hope that the graphics are on par or even better than the 360s - for me it's always interesting to see what the technology can achieve, particularly if you can get it at a reasonable price.

After seeing what the 360 is coming up with I can't say i'm too bothered about them. Anything will do as long as I get SSB online.

Very grown up to say that but you realise its completely untrue. Ocarina wouldn't be the game it is if it wasn't 3D, Resident Evil 4 wouldn't be half as popular if it still used Pre-Rendered GFX...

Graphics do a lot for a game, its just how they are used that counts.

after seeing the controller im not too bothered about the graphics as there as tehre crisp and not blurry etc im not to bothered.

More interested in seeing how the controller is going to be implemented into each game :)

Sign in to follow this