NEurope
Stocka

ExciteTruck

My friend did that to me once. I blitzed him in the race, and then he did a load of spins and drifts he wouldn't normally do and won by 2 points. :(

I think it's very good that the winner gets 15 points because I don't do that much tricks and rather go for speed but a friend of mine usually does a lot of tricks. So although I cross the finish line first most of the time our scores are very close, sometimes only one or two numbers apart.

The extra points give you more of an opportunity to choose between different styles how to play this game.

Went back to this yesterday playing a multiplayer race and surprisingly it was really difficult to play again.

This game is really fun, which is refreshing nowadays - it's an element a lot of developers seem to forget to put into their games...

Me and a friend of mine balance each other perfectly in mulitplayer: I finish first after getting loads of air and rings, while my friend gets at least 3-star drifts on every single corners, and comes in almost immediately after me, so our points roughly balance out. It often leads to some tense last second mini-drifting, as he has to balance out gaining on my 15-star bonus and not giving me too many extra time bonus stars.

It's great fun.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm going to buy this game sometime this week. I can't wait to try out the Wiimote steering controls.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm going to buy this game sometime this week. I can't wait to try out the Wiimote steering controls.

dont be put off if you suck at the tutorials, you get used to it after a while.

Noobie question coming up:

Ive got a few songs on an SD Card for this but when I put it in the option for SD Card in the game still cant be selected, as if theres no SD Card in the thing.

Is it cos my tunes are the wrong format? I just got them from the CD's to the SD Card via Media Player and they're WMA files... is that a problemo?

Swift responses would be much apprectiated. :heh:

Is it cos my tunes are the wrong format? I just got them from the CD's to the SD Card via Media Player and they're WMA files... is that a problemo?

They need to be MP3s. The more recent versions of Windows Media Player let you rip songs from CDs into MP3 format as well as WMAs. That's what I did for Excite Truck.

dont be put off if you suck at the tutorials, you get used to it after a while.

I found the tutorials to be fine (although I thought my girlfriend was going to break the controller in half about about the 10th time she tried the power up one)

Up until the airspin one anyway, couldn't get any kind of spinnage at all and the instructions are pretty vague. Might try again when I get in this afternoon.

I found the tutorials to be fine (although I thought my girlfriend was going to break the controller in half about about the 10th time she tried the power up one)

Up until the airspin one anyway, couldn't get any kind of spinnage at all and the instructions are pretty vague. Might try again when I get in this afternoon.

the trick is for airspinning:

Hold down 1 and left/right on the d-pad whilst in the air (leaning back for more air of course)

If you are holding down left to spin left, move the controller to the right a bit and then move it a bit faster to the left to do a quick spin, it emulates the sort of momentum for when you jump into the air. If you move one way slightly and then twist the other way you get more power and you can spin more easily

For multiple spins:

dont let go of the left/right on the dpad but just as you complete the spin, repeat the momentum by moving the wii-mote to one side and then the opposite side

Ahhh, I didn't realise it mattered which direction you pressed on the D-pad, I thought it was just the same as turboing. Ta, I'll try it out.

The button doens't matter, by the way. I hold the down button for all of them :p

I played some versus with a mate who played for the first time last week, it was pretty cool actually, because of course the first person over the line(usually me) gets that +15 bonus, but the second person has had more time to be tricking and stuff, and he did manage to come really close to beating me a fair few times! He also succeeded a few times too...:(

I haven't played any single player recently, I might have a bit now.

Haven't played this for a while, but I've still got Mirror to complete, so I'll carry on soon.

It's one of those games that you can easily go back to after having a break from it.

My friends came round and played it for the first time and liked the massive jumps etc..and commented on the graphical side of things when your high in the air and said they were good!

The games great with your own music, i'm pleased i found out how to get some MP3's on the SD, worth the effort.

I bought it today and I like it very much so far. I'm still in Excite mode and the tracks are getting harder (platinum cup). I have to get used to doing a turbo jump, spinning and managing to evade the trees at the same time.

The blurry/speed effect when driving/flying fast is really amazing btw and the surroundings look awesome.

the trick is for airspinning:

Hold down 1 and left/right on the d-pad whilst in the air (leaning back for more air of course)

If you are holding down left to spin left, move the controller to the right a bit and then move it a bit faster to the left to do a quick spin, it emulates the sort of momentum for when you jump into the air. If you move one way slightly and then twist the other way you get more power and you can spin more easily

For multiple spins:

dont let go of the left/right on the dpad but just as you complete the spin, repeat the momentum by moving the wii-mote to one side and then the opposite side

I'm not sure how true this is my best is 1800 (I think) and I've always used the up button on the D-Pad...

I'm not sure how true this is my best is 1800 (I think) and I've always used the up button on the D-Pad...

All four directions on the D-Pad are mapped on the boost command I think so it doesn't matter.

All four directions on the D-Pad are mapped on the boost command I think so it doesn't matter.

This is true. Just got ot do the platinum and diamond cups in mirror then get S grades.

Am I the only one who finds that even in the Monster Truck other trucks seem to go faster and higher?