NEurope
Stocka

ExciteTruck

Well, I made a day of it today and was determined to unlock the diamond cup.

Holy Mother of God!! This has to be the prettiest level in any racing game ever? Rainbow Road, move over, please.

Amazing.

I think they are the weakest out of all the levels, but I don't hate them.

China's levels are pretty awesome. I got my highest air spin today! 1800. :) I can do it quite easily now.

I need to get back on this at some point. I left it when I unlocked mirror mode because I got so used to the tracks that I kept going the wrong way in this mode. Now that I have had a break from it it should be like starting from scratch.

I got round to unlocking the final truck a couple of days ago. I'm sure I'll still be grabbing this every so often for a quick blast though, I love this game :)

I managed to finish the Mirror cup a few days ago with all S ratings and unlock the final "Crazy" truck. Now all thats left to do is the challenges in Super hard mode and a mirror mode I presume.

I managed to finish the Mirror cup a few days ago with all S ratings and unlock the final "Crazy" truck. Now all thats left to do is the challenges in Super hard mode and a mirror mode I presume.

and then you can die knowing that you led a full and rich life. :)

so apart from burnout series... whats the next best thing .. waverace?

Well, I made a day of it today and was determined to unlock the diamond cup.

Holy Mother of God!! This has to be the prettiest level in any racing game ever? Rainbow Road, move over, please.

Amazing.

maybe we have a hint for a sequal

and then you can die knowing that you led a full and rich life. :)

so apart from burnout series... whats the next best thing .. waverace?

maybe we have a hint for a sequal

As much as I love Wave Race (both 64 and Blue Storm), I much prefer ExciteTruck. Just seems more fun...easier to move as well.

And, a sequel, I hope to god so! I'll be first in line to get it.

I hope I can get some money tomorrow and go to Barnsley so I can buy it. Assuming its still £19.99 at gamestation.

Wow! the crazy monster truck owns! being in POW mode constantly is brilliant and its amazing how much air you can get with it.

If you aren't thinking of S-Ranking the mirror cup then think again. You havent played excite truck to the extreme without this!

Just bought it and its fucking amazing! Probably the most fun Ive had with a racing game ever!

Got it yesterday but I've got a question; when using songs from an SD card can it only play the one repeatedly unless you change it or am I doing something wrong?

Got it yesterday but I've got a question; when using songs from an SD card can it only play the one repeatedly unless you change it or am I doing something wrong?

Did you put it on random? Then you shouldn't have any problems.

You can either play only one repeatedly or all on random. I find that annoying though why couldn't it have been possible to go through them in order?

I'm considering buying this game after having seen all the postive comments on this thread. Can anyone comment on the multiplayer? Does it add much to the game's value?

The multiplayer is simplistic with only 1 v 1, but it's still remains a remarably competitive game. Just get this game anyway, it's high-scoring bombastic crazy-fun!

Me and my friend absolutely love the multiplayer. It's so simple, no bots or anything, but that 1v1 thing kinda adds to it in a way - if you see a car in the distance you KNOW its them, and you use up all your boost to get there, smash into them, laugh manically as you race off into the distance. 30 seconds later, they are laughing manically and you're cursing or hitting them in the head.

Me and my friend absolutely love the multiplayer. It's so simple, no bots or anything, but that 1v1 thing kinda adds to it in a way - if you see a car in the distance you KNOW its them, and you use up all your boost to get there, smash into them, laugh manically as you race off into the distance. 30 seconds later, they are laughing manically and you're cursing or hitting them in the head.

I do agree with you, the fact you're only racing against one other person does make it really personal. You know you either win or you lose, there's no 2nd or 3rd place. More competitive, in a strange way.

It's slightly silly that the 'loser' has to continue racing for 30 seconds, after the winner has won, in multiplayer!

It's slightly silly that the 'loser' has to continue racing for 30 seconds, after the winner has won, in multiplayer!

How is the winner of the race determined? Is it the person with the most points, or the person who finishes in first place?

How is the winner of the race determined? Is it the person with the most points, or the person who finishes in first place?

Points.

That's why I think it's stupid that 1st place gives a whole 15points, 2nd place could be 1 second behind. You should get 5 points or something then 1 more for every second more.

Points.

That's why I think it's stupid that 1st place gives a whole 15points, 2nd place could be 1 second behind. You should get 5 points or something then 1 more for every second more.

Ahh, so if it's determined on points, then that's why the race doesn't end when first person crosses the line. Cos player 2 could still rack up more points.

I agree with your idea, more points for more seconds. Although, the 50 you get in single player is really sweet.

In multiplayer mode, can you both choose the crazy monster truck? if so then how do you get excite smashes? or is it the person who is going faster gets the points like when using normal trucks?

Ahh, so if it's determined on points, then that's why the race doesn't end when first person crosses the line. Cos player 2 could still rack up more points.

I agree with your idea, more points for more seconds. Although, the 50 you get in single player is really sweet.

Yeah, I don't mind the single player thing, but the 2P would be way closer and fairer done another way. I mean, they do get 1 point for every second after a few seconds of the 1st player crossing the line, but then there's another 15 points ontop of that; usually meaning the player crossing the line wins by somewhere around 15 a lot of the time :heh:

But then, there's more than one set way to get points. Airs, tree-runs, smashes, it's not really a straightforward racer.

I still think it's a good idea to get a lot of points for finishing first. 15 sounds pretty good to me. Maybe an idea to add an option so you could change that specific value? An idea for the future.