NEurope
Stocka

ExciteTruck

Just picked this up for £20, but now I need to buy an SD card & reader. Worst, soundtrack, EVER. (Any recommendations BTW?)

Just picked this up for £20, but now I need to buy an SD card & reader. Worst, soundtrack, EVER. (Any recommendations BTW?)

In terms of music? (I bomb it down to girls aloud (Xd) rage and FOB)

SD cards could be from anywhere. try play.com or mobymemory.

The latter of which stocks readers aswell

I was just wondering if anyone had any positive (or negative) experience or any particular brands. Never mind though, I just bought a couple off Amazon. Queen and the Beastie Boys will be going on mine. :)

I got a 2gb card and reader for about £25 from Amazon.

WHAT THE FUCK! This is the exact card I bought from them mear months ago (just after christmas) for £22.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-Technology-2GB-Digital-SD/dp/B000EOMXM0/ref=pd_ka_1/026-5291213-5208403?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1174153412&sr=8-1

£5!

And for some reason, their 1gb is cheaper than their 512mb. I'm confused. But damn, that SD works perfectly. Only £5...I might get myself a second one :/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EW-Link-Slim-MiniSD-MMC-Reader/dp/B000LUUW52/ref=pd_ka_4/026-5291213-5208403?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1174153509&sr=8-4

This is the reader I got. It's got a hidden price in postage, but it's still the best deal I found.

You need Eye of The Tiger by Survivor. It's totally necessary. The rest is a question of taste.

I went for the cheepo options (beh & buh). £7 in all. Just as long as it works.

Kingston manufactures quality stuff, so there shouldn't be any problems.

After a bit more playing:

Murder by audio aside, very much enjoying this so far. It's like what happened when Burnout and the Warthog from Halo had a baby, which was then christened by Colin McRae.

I need to get back into this. I became addicted, and then work took over, so now I'm outta the loop.

Easte holidays beckon. I have this, and Rayman to keep me company. With the prospect of Sonic, too.

Same. I got Kororinpa, Sonic, SSX all taking over, and I didn't quite finish it to the "last" truck.

I don't understand the hate for the soundtrack, I love it. It's effin awesome. Of course that I prefer listening to my own musics, but still.

I don't understand the hate for the soundtrack, I love it. It's effin awesome. Of course that I prefer listening to my own musics, but still.

I like the soundtrack, too. Doesn't get on my nerves. I think it's perfectly decent background noise to fit the intense nature of this game. :)

The intro music of this game reminds me of a song by Metallica, but I don't know which tune.

The soundtrack actually makes me feel sick. I know that sounds stupid but I really am slightly disorientated then. The same thing happened to me in Burnout 2 as well...

When I have my own music on though, I'm fine.

I think that's pretty strange actually, it also happens to me sometimes when I listen to songs - punk rock mainly. :wtf:

The soundtrack actually makes me feel sick. I know that sounds stupid but I really am slightly disorientated then. The same thing happened to me in Burnout 2 as well...

When I have my own music on though, I'm fine.

I think that's pretty strange actually, it also happens to me sometimes when I listen to songs - punk rock mainly. :wtf:

Maybe you're alergic to punk rock. Not that ET's OST is punk rock. I think. Still, it's possible that fast loud musics combined with fast movements make you nauseous, I can't play the game for long periods either.

Now that I have my SD card having your own choice of music improves the game immeasurably. I just wish you could play music over the menu as well - the whole default soundtrack is just crashing, rhythm-less evil.

I just picked up this game yesterday, and love it! I'm pretty bad at getting any big spins, but I can improve!

I got this game when it was released and I still love playing it and I am nowhere near finished.

Well, I've done all the tracks but the unlockables keep me going.

I can't understand how people can complain about the lifespan.

I can't understand how people can complain about the lifespan.

Ye I agree! It's a racing game! There is only so much you can do. The point of racing games is to race, win cups, beat high scores and have fun. Excite Truck delivers this perfectly. Developers can't just give you an infinity amount of tracks!

I still can't perform Air Spins! Had the game since launch too! Not a single one......:(

It takes a while to adjust to the controls but now they're getting towards second nature. It's a really fun game. Actually it really reminds me of Trackmania in terms of general style, handling and general craziness. One of the best and most underrated PC racing games ever.

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/3273987/Trackmania_United/Product.html

So far I'm really enjoying it...and being a Billy Nomates I've not even gotten onto multiplayer yet!

I'm now much better at air spins, so yay for me! I've heard some people complain about the graphics, but I actually really like the whole look of the game, particularly on the wetter tracks. I'm not so sure about the splash screen/menu, mind...

I'm now much better at air spins, so yay for me! I've heard some people complain about the graphics, but I actually really like the whole look of the game, particularly on the wetter tracks. I'm not so sure about the splash screen/menu, mind...

I totally agree with that, the screens on the box look crappy compared to how it looks for me in game, very nicely done, and a bloody good lot of fun! I'm currently struggling on getting S ranks in a few excite platinum tracks, but I don't play too often. I really really like the pick up and play easibility of this title, pick it up, race a race or two(or ten, after it sucks you in!), maybe do a few challenges or so too, rather than GP style races, very good!

I agree, it's a very good pick up and play game. Perfect for me. :)

I'm trying to get S ranks on some of the Super Excite races. It's proving to be quite difficult, and I find myself hitting "retry" after each race. It's too addictive. FAR too addictive. :D

Finito. Got S ranking on all races, except Scotland on the platium cup and Nebula. Cba anymore with those.