NEurope
Stocka

ExciteTruck

Yeah its brand new, I picked it up from Gamestation for £19.99 on Sunday. Really enjoying it so far.

Jesus! I feel it's too good to be true, I wonder if I could make it to my nearest game station and back before quarter past 3? I'm afraid if I don't take advantage now, it'll be gone by time I do. It'll take me about an hour to get to its door, then an hour back...

From what I know Sonic and the secret rings is £25 at the moment in gamestation aswell, may have to get it on thur.

From what I know Sonic and the secret rings is £25 at the moment in gamestation aswell, may have to get it on thur.

It wasn't the twice this week that I have been and checked.

Ah right, well it is on the site. I just hope they are late changing the price instore.

Sonic is only £25 online, not instore. And Excite Truck is only on offer until Thursday,

I finally got it, for £20 in gamestation, picked up 2 copies and gonna give marcamillian one as a present.

I'm...not not impressed, but not overly impressed. I think it's cos it's different. Firstly, having the control pad as boost? Stupid idea, maybe having up on it as accellerate, down as brake, and then 2 for boost or something would be easier. Or just cut out the control pad and have A for boosting, I find the control pad a stupid idea for this because it's a bit confusing, I keep trying to use it to steer because my thumbs over it and then forgetting I have to tilt the wiimote.

As for the game, I played for about hour and a half, not all that into it because I feel a bit crap, gotten 2 Ss and an A and a B on the bronze cup though, but I'm pretty inconsistent trying to do as good again as I have previously. I must say, I am impressed with the looks though, it looks much better than I expected though, dunno why the pictures on the box look so shitty given that the actual game doesn't look like that. Silly really, doesn't help the image at all!

For £20 though, so far, it isn't too shabby, I just think I need to get to the controls really, and work out the best ways to earn my stars.

Need to get some good music on my SD card too.

I got it too gamestation had loads of cheap. My only though is that the trubo boost should launch you into the knight rider style..

I've heard other people mention the urge to use the d-pad to steer, but I never felt it. Maybe it's because I don't normally play racing games?

I'm managing to put a bit of time into this now and again, and so far I've S-ranked up to Gold in SuperExcite; I'm sticking at races rather than going back to them. I'm still not very good at doing spins, but I think it's just because I haven't got the timing down for chaining them. In any case you can get S-ranks even without spinning, so it isn't too big a deal.

I haven't had any problems with boosting. It would have been nice if they could have implemented the A button, somehow. Not sure what for, but for something. The B button could have been put to some use as well.

Still love this game like a woman, though.

I haven't had any problems with boosting. It would have been nice if they could have implemented the A button, somehow. Not sure what for, but for something. The B button could have been put to some use as well.

Still love this game like a woman, though.

The A button is used to reset yourself if you end up going the wrong way.

The A button is used to reset yourself if you end up going the wrong way.

I forgot about that.

Still, you only go the wrong way if you SUCK.

"You're going the wrong way!"- F zero X announcer.

I forgot about that.

I go the wrong way all the time...:(...Still, I've got S ranking on everything except the Platinum cup so far on super excite, so I can't suck that bad :p.

"Aaaaaaaalright! First Place!"

That's so thoroughy embedded in my memory that I find myself saying it at the most random of times, like when I came first place in a Chemistry test a few weeks back :heh:

I love that line, as well. :D

The F zero games are my favourite racers, X and GX in particular. ExciteTruck is definitely up there, though, in terms of how much fun I have whilst playing.

Can't understand why people think this is short lived. It may not be particularly long, but it is nowhere near as short as it is made out to be.

I wouldnt like the A button to be used for boosting, the D-Pad is in a nice comfortable place for it whereas you would have to reach over a bit to press A everytime you wanted to boost.

That guy was seriously annoying! :heh: Mind you it got even worse in F-Zero Climax, "There's another racer on your tail!" and "You're about to lose the lead!" ARRGGGHHHH! :laughing:

I've not really played much single player Excite Truck since S-Ranking it a while back, just a few VS games here and there. It's definitely one for the collection though.

I am feeling a bit like this is a short game, but the fact I got it for £20 makes me feel better about that. I've already S-ranked the bronze and silver cups in excite mode, and I wouldn't say I've been playing more than 4-5 hours. I managed to get an 1800 spin today too, and I'm getting better with general playing, using the dpad a little less accidentally, and also starting to remember more about getting good air(which i apparently wasnt really doing before).

4-5 hours, and you have S'ed the two easiest things - trust me, it gets harder :)

That's actually really good to hear, I spent like an hour+ earlier trying to S one of the ring events in challenge mode, always managed to miss just one ring somehow, twas most annoying! Quite glad I got this, it takes some getting into, but the more I play it the more I find myself loving it.

I forgot about that.

We've have the line:

"Finish...Finish......Finish......Yeah the final lap" once :heh:

F-Zero...omg...it will be liek Excite Truck pumped on speed. And I mean SPEED. Excite Truck is awesome. But it at 300mph and with 29 other cars. And online.

*wets self*

F-Zero...omg...it will be liek Excite Truck pumped on speed. And I mean SPEED. Excite Truck is awesome. But it at 300mph and with 29 other cars. And online.

*wets self*

Exept there wont be 30 cars and online at the same time :heh:

Ya, I kinda realised that. But still. It would be boring waiting for 30 others to connect anyway :P