NEurope
Stocka

ExciteTruck

We'll then I guess you didn't play it on the basis of it being "too hard to control" Ya woman :heh:

We'll then I guess you didn't play it on the basis of it being "too hard to control" Ya woman :heh:

I just didn't like the style of the races in Wave Race, the whole left/right buoy thing isn't really my kind of thing.

Ah well, I'm playing Excite Truck and I'm enjoying it, which is good. I still can't help but feel that it was a slightly missed opportunity though :(.

i will get this later when it's cheaper

its only £19.99 in gamestation! don't get much cheaper than that!

I just had a good long session trying to complete my S ranks in Super Excite, all i had left were all the Platinum and Diamond cups, I managed to get an S rank on all Platinum tracks within about 45 mins, i was on a high just one more S rank to unlock mirror mode.

I spent 1 whole hour trying to get that last S rank with no luck.

I came close so many times, needing 200 i got 194 and 196, there was one point i had 170 points was in first place on the homestretch i could see the finish line and BANG hit a tree and ended up in 5th place, DAMN IT, i'm taking a break, my thumbs are sore :heh:

OH MY FRACKING GOD,

After spending an hour trying and failing to get that final S rank last night, i turned on my Wii today and got set for another session of trying to get the S rank.

And i bloody well did it IN MY FIRST GO::shrug:

Amazing what taking a break a do for your skillz,

Got mirror mode open now, each course feels so damn new, i had to pretty much forget the "normal" tracks cause i kept going off jumps and turning in the wrong direction.

Oh and unlocked the final truck which fracking RULES:bouncy:

OH MY FRACKING GOD,

After spending an hour trying and failing to get that final S rank last night, i turned on my Wii today and got set for another session of trying to get the S rank.

And i bloody well did it IN MY FIRST GO::shrug:

Amazing what taking a break a do for your skillz,

Got mirror mode open now, each course feels so damn new, i had to pretty much forget the "normal" tracks cause i kept going off jumps and turning in the wrong direction.

Oh and unlocked the final truck which fracking RULES:bouncy:

I remember on one of the Pokemon games, I think it was Silver. I got stuck on the second gym leader for days, and just gave up totally. I couldn't be bothered to train in the grass, so I just pakced my Game Boy away for like, a week. Went back to it and lo and behold, beat it first time without a single Poke fainting.

Just went out and bought this, pretty cheap. The music is god awful, but it's a pretty good game underneath it all. I don't understand how people can say that it's better than Waverace though, because it's plainly not.

Use your own:heh:

It's because Waverace is difficult, meaning it's difficult to find it fun.

Use your own:heh:

It's because Waverace is difficult, meaning it's difficult to find it fun.

Actually, Waverace is pretty easy, what you have to do is find the right character for you, they're all very different.

And I haven't bought an SD card yet :heh: I will soon though. Need to find one cheap somewhere first.

Did anyone else notice the continuity error in Avalanche & Blue Storm?

Akari Hayami goes up 1 year in age from Blue Storm to 1080

Yet Winterborn manages to go up 3 years in age, from 15-18 ;)

I THINK that's the age change, I'd have to check to be sure though. All I know it that it's something like that:heh: Winterborn goes up 1 too many possible years :)

I prefer 1080 and Waverace to Excite Truck. Not that Excite is bad, its just i personally prefer water elements to dirt and soil.

Did anyone else notice the continuity error in Avalanche & Blue Storm?

Akari Hayami goes up 1 year in age from Blue Storm to 1080

Yet Winterborn manages to go up 3 years in age, from 15-18 ;)

I THINK that's the age change, I'd have to check to be sure though. All I know it that it's something like that:heh: Winterborn goes up 1 too many possible years :)

..I was sad enough to notice that aswell.. though in the original 1080 Snowboarding he looks way older.. strange.. :zzz:

1080 and Wave Race: Blue Storm are better than Excite Truck.. but I love Excite Truck a lot.. so you can see how much I must like my 1080 (oh.. I do..)

Just got this game, and i'm really enjpying it so far. Is it possible to do front/back flips? I'm sure I have seen this in videos?

Just got this game, and i'm really enjpying it so far. Is it possible to do front/back flips? I'm sure I have seen this in videos?

Nope not for the purpose of stunts! although you can flip your truck resulting in a crash if you so wish to!

Nope not for the purpose of stunts! although you can flip your truck resulting in a crash if you so wish to!

Ah ok will have to master spins then... Manged to do a 720 but I seem to suck. Any tips?

Ah ok will have to master spins then... Manged to do a 720 but I seem to suck. Any tips?

just keeping practising really, you obviously know the technique if you've managed a 720, my best is only 1800 (5 spins) some people on here are way up in the 2000's...

I finally pulled off a 2880 spin yesterday. I just needed to change trucks.

Oh and here is a collection of the 360 - 2520 spins.

Shit, I take back everything I said about this game, playing to your own music is intense!! :D

U2's Vertigo seems to go really well with this game, and the Perfecto Mix of their Even Better Than The Real Thing. :)

Whenever I hear Ambulance sirens, for that split second, I still think I'm playing Excitetruck. :red:

Whenever I hear Ambulance sirens, for that split second, I still think I'm playing Excitetruck. :red:

lol me too.

I know this has been mentioned once already but just in case people don't know, ExciteTruck is only £19.99 at Gamestation until Thursday this week. Random special offer, hopefully the company starts doing this with other Wii titles - but I can only assume they bought in tons of copies and are having trouble shifting them.

WOHOO, at last i pulled off a 2120 air spin, i smacked right into a tree a second after landing, but still what a fracking rush it was, haha

Just been reading through the comments on this thread and it makes me happy to see all the good feedback this game has been getting. It is a hard game but quite rewarding when you do keep at it. I was playing it last night and I was getting really hot and sweaty, now my left thumb is really sore from pushing the turbo button constantly trying to get extra air and stars. I've only just managed to beat the platinum races and now I have to go back and get S rankings in order to unlock Super Excite Mode. Jesus - this game is one hell of a sweaty puddle inducing bit of fun kit. Will have to purchase an SD card too.

its only £19.99 in gamestation! don't get much cheaper than that!

Is that brand new?! I'm gonna get this next friday hopefully, I could swing by gamestation on my way home. Judging from this thread, and how it's still alive and getting posts, that this game does have a decent life in it, and I've decided I definitely wanna get it now!