N-Europe

Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree

DiemetriX

http://wii.nintendo.com/software_bigbrainacademy.html

Get your noodle ready for a real challenge in this rethinking of the popular Nintendo DS game.

The Wii Remote controller's hands-on control makes playing a cinch. This rethinking of the popular Nintendo DS game will test players’ brains with fun problems and allow people of any age to play together! This fun mental training game features a two-player versus mode that uses a split screen where the same problems appear in a different order for each player.

feature_main_img_lifestyle_bigbrain.jpg

Features

* Show Off That Brain: Multiplayer versus and co-op play modes lets players use the title as a brain-training exercise or a raucous party game.

* Simple, Intuitive Control: The Wii Remote’s hands-on control makes playing the game a breeze and revamps the DS game that exercised players’ minds with enjoyable brain-teasers.

* Brains Over Braun: People of any age or education level can play together!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Press Release:

Big Brain Academy™ (temporary name)

Format: Wii™

Date Available: TBA

ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)

Game Type: Fun Mental Training

Accessories: TBA

Players: 2

Developer: Nintendo

KEY INFORMATION

The Wii Remote controller’s hands-on control makes playing a cinch. This rethinking of the popular Nintendo DS™ game will test players’ brains with fun problems and allow people of any age to play together. Multiplayer versus and co-op play modes also have been added, allowing players to use the title as a brain-training exercise or a raucous party game.

• The Wii Remote’s hands-on control makes playing the game a breeze, and revamps the DS game that exercised players’ minds with enjoyable brain-teasers.

• In addition to single-player mode, there are versus and co-op multiplayer modes that people of any age or education level to play together.

• Mii™ data compatible.

Special powers/weapons/moves/features: The game features a two-player versus mode that uses a split screen. The same problems will appear in a different order. The first player to get 12 correct answers wins.

game3md7.th.png

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Wonder why it's not 4 player? Surely that would make best use of it as a kind of learning party game

noo nintendo don't do this again. Why do they refuse to do 4 player? Why is excite truck 2 player and why oh why is wario ware 1 player(I don't care for alternate multiplayer)

Like Teppo said, it might be too difficult to get four puzzles on a screen; you still want to be able to see what you're doing.

Two player sounds good enough to me; I never got anyone in my family to even play BBA against me anyway. =(

But yeah, Wario Ware I was disappointed by the multiplayer; it's pretty sucky.

If we can have 4 player split screen mario on the n64 where we can see what's happening i think we can have 4 puzzles.

Yeah but remember that now you're using the Wiimote to point at the screen, which would be more difficult to do if you only had a small square to work with. Seeing as this is aimed at people from all ages, they don't want to make it more difficult by making the screens smaller.

maybe but that didn't stop red steel. Look that isn't a proper excuse it is just lazyness. If you don't want to play 4 player then don't but at least give us the option. i refuse to believe that a handheld game gives us more. this game will fair crap because of that

maybe but that didn't stop red steel. Look that isn't a proper excuse it is just lazyness. If you don't want to play 4 player then don't but at least give us the option. i refuse to believe that a handheld game gives us more. this game will fair crap because of that

Red Steel isn't aimed at people aged 50 or more. Not everyone is great at pointing the wiimote around, or has such great eyes that they can see the screen very well.

Just don't buy the game then if you think it's gonna suck because it doesn't have four player.

the ds has an even smaller screen sure and it's the same game aimed at the same audience. Ok fair enough looking at your own screen might be easier than being confused by another 3 splits. I only plan on getting this if it is a REAL budget title otherwise.........nah

Excite Truck and Wario Ware's multiplayer is still a lot of fun...it's not that big an issue that you have to take turns.

well the gamecube multiplayer is 10 times better though because of that. It's a missed oppertunity