N-Europe

Funny videos, flash games, etc

Cheapshot

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps not news for some but I found this amusing;

In the United States, protest votes are often made in order to indicate dissatisfaction with the slate of candidates presented on a particular ballot, or to highlight the inadequacies of a particular voting procedure. Since most states' electoral systems do not provide for blank balloting or a choice of "None of the Above", most protest votes take the form of a clearly non-serious candidate's name entered as a write-in vote. Cartoon characters are typically chosen for this purpose; as Mickey Mouse is the best-known and most-recognized character in America, his name is frequently selected for this purpose. (Other popular selections include Donald Duck and Bugs Bunny.) This phenomenon has the humorous effect of causing Mickey Mouse to be a minor but perennial contestant in nearly all U.S. presidential elections. A similar phenomenon occurs in the parliament elections in Finland and Sweden, although Finns and Swedes usually write Donald Duck or Donald Duck Party as a protest vote.

Mickey Mouse's name has also been known to appear fraudulently on voter registration lists, most recently in the 2008 U.S. Presidential Election.

10305moc.jpg

http://mickeyforpresident.com/

That Sand Animation was outstanding. I wish talents like that won Britain's Got Talent. I don't watch BGT cause I can't bear the utter shite acts, and/or the sob stories.

That was beautiful though, and just...unbelievable. Because she must know exactly how to manipulate sand, so the lines appear, without fiddling. Wow.

That Sand Animation was outstanding. I wish talents like that won Britain's Got Talent. I don't watch BGT cause I can't bear the utter shite acts, and/or the sob stories.

That was beautiful though, and just...unbelievable. Because she must know exactly how to manipulate sand, so the lines appear, without fiddling. Wow.

Completely agree. I didn't understand why they started crying though?

I find the imagery created in my head by the combination of those words disturbing.

Yeah someone in the marketing department either didn't think or is a dirty motherfucker.

I think I bought some Toy Story melon chunks the other day. It makes a nice change to see well known cartoon characters appearing on something other than junk food.

Disney have been branding on healthy(ish) food for years such as juice drinks (including Disney Princess Juice, another poorly thought of title :p), healthyish convenient meals and I think they've been doing fruit for a while too.