NEurope
solitanze

Splinter Cell Launching With Wii.

God bless Ubisoft, and their love for Wii! Hopefully it continues all the way through the Wii's lifecycle. I'd love it if they announced a sequel to Beyond Good & Evil..

I've always enjoyed the Splinter Cell games, and this one looks like it'll bring some interesting new game mechanics to the series.

How many titles do they have for wii now?

What are they?

IGN has these titles listed:

Alive

Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII

Far Cry

GT Pro Series

Killing Day

Lost

Monster 4X4 World Circuit

Open Season

Prince of Persia [untitled]

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Red Steel

TMNT

The ones in bold are launch titles. And that now includes Splinter Cell, so that makes 8 launch titles from Ubisoft.

I dont like how it says it's based on the PS2 and Gamecube builds of the game as opposed to the Xbox build, the Xbox one has always been far superior to the others in the past and it'd be really annoying if it turned out the Xbox build cant work as well on Wii due to missing hardware features or something.

it'd be really annoying if it turned out the Xbox build cant work as well on Wii due to missing hardware features or something.

What features are those that can hinder the Wii version? The hard drive?

And this is great news for me.

Folks on IGN boards say these are Xbox360 screens because the Wii has worse ghapics than a xbox. :hmm:

Haha, great comparison picture there. I was trying to figure out who he reminded me of. You got it spot on, man. :D

Just idiots Fierce_LiNk.

Doesnt looks any better than the xbox version,

This guy definantly is on something, and I think its called shit(Sony):woops:

This guy definantly is on something, and I think its called shit(Sony):woops:

To be honest. It atually is tricky to tell the xbox version and the wii when it comes down to it. Especially since the screens are so varied and so few.

Go Ubisoft! My god there loving the Wii and it's nice to know that consumers will have the ability to choose between around 27 titles at launch!

Biggest. Launch. Ever!

All we need now is Super Paper Mario to be a Wii launch title and we're sorted! :grin:

OR Mario Galaxy...but i doubt that!

It says on the IGN site, below the images that the images came out yesterday (8th September). So they probably are Wii images. I'm very impressed... not that graphics matter ;)

I wonder how the controls will work? All in all, looking tasty. Nice lighting especially.

What features are those that can hinder the Wii version? The hard drive?

And this is great news for me.

Supposedly the Xbox has the ability to do things built into its hardware that the Wii cant do, since Wii is an extension of the Gamecube and although the Gamecube and Xbox weren't that far apart in power before, there were things the Xbox could do and the Gamecube couldn't respectively. It seems to have something to do with stuff like certain forms of texture mapping or something.

Ubisoft just became 2nd party LOLOLOL!!1!

LMFAO! With the amount of games they are making for Wii it would seem so :hehe:

Anyway, this news is just fantastic. I love the Splinter Cell series and I think this version will definately be best yet. Hopefully it'll have a strong multiplayer mode (online?) mode too.

Is Amon Tobin doing the soundtrack? That was the best thing about the last game.

Amon Tobin is a legend I hope he is I have an album of his non game music its so good.

Splinter Cell ran nice on GC and PS2, so why wouldn't it run well one Wii. Also the controlos could be good. Shooting, camera control, lockpicking. Might be nice.