N-Europe

Wii are seeing it everywhere!

Raven

I havnt seen Gamestation showing any Wii love in my area's apart from little bits of paper in a plastic case saying ...wait thats GAME, nowhere i know gamestation is doing anything.

AFAIK Gamestation is waiting for a release date, then expect to see Wii marketing stuff in their shops very quickly.

And the GAME in town here were indeed letting people just buy the console if they pre-ordered (unlike Toys 'R' Us who famously required the customers add shit launch titles in order to get the console they'd pre-ordered). However, the few 360's they had available on the shelves were in ridiculously bad bundles and they wouldn't let people buy them without.

I believe this was the management of that store being arseholes and not a GAME policy though.

here it's quite poor.Barely anyone has still heard of the wii.it's getting annoying now.they all think they will get a ps3 but are unaware of how much it costs.

i jyst hate the fact that people think its the next big thing because its a playsatation.People never learn

Not just there. I think it's a global disease. Just because it has Playstation in the name doesn't mean it will be as good as PS2 and yes, most people are unaware of the price or will probably be fooled by the cheaper (but still expensive) version without half the features.

Wow! I didn't know! I'll preorder my Wii next week at GAME (CCColombo), then.

"Olhe SFF, queria uma Wii e um Twilight Princess."

Why are you reading girls magazines anyway? :)

I'm still dreaming of the day i will be able to say that sentence to the clerk.

Damn, why do you guys all live in Lisbon?

My town sucks arse like a big arse sucking thing...

It's quite a big town, but the only place you can buy games is Smiths, which only have like 5 DS games, and no Cube stuff (I did get TWW there though, which was nice-no waiting for it in the post from play.com!)

I have to go to St. Albans or Luton (you should know where Luton is if you live in the UK...) to get to GAME/HMV/Virgin Megastore.

However, a shop has recenlty shut in the centre of town, and there have been rumors of it being a GAME, which I highly doubt but would be nice...

I'm also from Portugal, but I am not much of a "counter buyer"... my previous experience with gaming shop employees is not very pleasant.

I'd rather pick the article up from the shelf, and that's probably why I'll end up buying in Fnac or something.

I can only imagine. The only reason I'll try preordering it is because I may have the chance of getting a free t-shirt (sometimes it happens!).

Talking about t-shirts - I bought one of these: http://www.spreadshirt.net/shop.php?op=article&article_id=3040073#top

The closest discussion to the Ubisoft DVD I could think of; but the Ubisoft rep came in yesterday and I told him how everyone was interested in Raving Rabbits (and kinda Red Steel, but RR stands out more) and how it had caught a lot of people's eyes. He seemed impressed.

All the Wii advertisements in GAME are in the DS section, and with the DS being the hottest console on the market, it's right at the front of the shop. I'm glad to see they've finally given the DS it's rightful position. What's funny though is the fact that the PS2 has moved to the back, and that's where all the PS3 ads are. So people are seeing Wii first which is good.

In a Codemasters booklet (that came with a magazine for Software/Games sellers) has a advert from Nintendo inside the back cover.

Basically its

[Nintendo Logo]

Would like to (congratulate codemasters on their 20th anniversary - or words to that effect)

[DSlite logo] [Wii logo]

Still, no insider news about launch dates in the magazine.

Recently, in my local GAME store, I saw the first advertisment for the Wii, remember, this is in Spain, where everyone has been brainwashed by Sony, and people only buy games for graphics, and think that games like Paper Mario 2 are crap because it has 2D graphics, then compared it to Need For Speed Underground... Of course, we all know that PM 2 is the better game.

On-topic again: The advertisment was rather small, but most adverts are small in this shop, and it was with the DS games, which are near the front, just next to the XBOX 360 games (which are at the front) and oposite the PSP games.