N-Europe

Wii are seeing it everywhere!

Raven

and Yes, the name of this thread is a pun.

Anyway, i thought that it might be a nice idea to dedicate a thread to:

-wii advertising seen

-non 'hardcore gamer' talk of the wii

-general non internet hype.

to get the ball rolling, Toys r Us in australia is strongly supporting the wii. not only are they currently giving the best preorder deals, but they also have tv screens in their stores with wii-e3 clips running throughout the day.

also on the train home, i saw a couple (aged 24ish i reckon) playing their nintendo ds (brain training). being a gamer myself, i struck up a conversation with them, and they seemed VERY excited about its launch.

what else has anyone seen/experienced?

Toys R Us have the best deal?

That's debatable, considering Electronics Boutique will match it and Myer is offering $600 of vouchers to be spent in the home entertainment department.

All you get at Toys is a free game.

Toys R Us have the best deal?

That's debatable, considering Electronics Boutique will match it and Myer is offering $600 of vouchers to be spent in the home entertainment department.

All you get at Toys is a free game.

haha! and i will debate it!

EB will match any deal, but they wont beat it. and, of course, buying from EB comes with a cost... that being that you have to deal with the arrogant EB salespeople.

with the myer deal, it will be a bunch of coupons.

nb. the coupons also said 'electrical equipment'.

and in the past the coupons have been of the kind:

"in may, buy this game for $20 less", even though you never wanna play spongebob squarepants' awesome adventure...

as it stands, ill get mine from toysrus, and will prolly convince my brother to get his from myer... get all kinds of deals!

People can be as arrogant or charismatic as they wish, it has absolutely nothing to do with the company. People at the Shepp EB are great, only too willing to ensure you get what you want.

People in Wagga have been pricks, however, I must admit that there hasn't been any one particular person stay there for more than 6 months, or so it appears.

You have no idea what the vouchers will be at Myer. Therefore, you can't discredit them. Just because something has happened in the past doesn't mean it is set in stone in the future.

In a few weeks, Kmart (soon to be Target or Coles) and Big W will add their programs, and I'm willing to bet they will beat out anything Toys R Us or EB are willing to do.

On that, I noticed a promotional video of the Wii in EB two days ago, albeit at their rediculous trade in value.

Around here GAME is the only place that has Wii ads and i was very impressed.

I went to the first GAME store in Portugal (theres a lot more now), and there was a pre-order display for the Wii there, with the 3 pre-orders.

OMG!!! Nintendo ads IN Portugal? A revolution, indeed... f*cking Concentra...

You have no idea what the vouchers will be at Myer. Therefore, you can't discredit them. Just because something has happened in the past doesn't mean it is set in stone in the future.

Yes but logically, $600 worth of good vouchers to every wii preorder would be ridiculous. Insane even. Id bet my $50 toys r us preorder deposit that myer will have lousy coupons...im not judging them from past experience, im just saying that its unrealistic.

A free game is a good deal, and its probably about the best people are gonna get...

however someone on dspot.co.nr mentioned that theyre going to get a free game (that GT racing one) from myer...which is odd.

Can you preorder a Wii at GAME at any United Kingdom store now???

I didn't know.....:indeed:

Your only putting your name down aren't you? Then you can go for a bundle deal on the day? (whenever that is).

Just register your interest, which is name and number. When the company knows more (ie date, price and their stock allocations) they will be taking (most likely £20) deposits. And you can buy it by itself. They may try and promote bundles, but you have every right not to buy them.

And as I've said before, if you've seen the GAME stores showing Red Steel and Raving Rabbits its a Ubisoft promotion, not a Wii one ;)

Havent seen any Wii advertising in Ireland. Maybe it's just where I live, but I doubt there's a lot anywhere.

DS lite ads are only trickling onto tv and in fact I've only ever seen the same one over and over again.

Im moving to Dublin next week, so maybe I'll see some up there.

most GAME stores have E3 or promo footage of Wii being shown on their TVs in store-next to a pretty lil 'preorder Wii' sign.

Wait you can preorder a Wii at game now?

EDIT: Nevermind I should have read everything before I posted.

Just register your interest, which is name and number. When the company knows more (ie date, price and their stock allocations) they will be taking (most likely £20) deposits. And you can buy it by itself. They may try and promote bundles, but you have every right not to buy them.

And as I've said before, if you've seen the GAME stores showing Red Steel and Raving Rabbits its a Ubisoft promotion, not a Wii one ;)

didnt GAME only let people get their pre-ordered 360s if they paid mroe for a bundle???

Guest Stefkov

I havnt seen Gamestation showing any Wii love in my area's apart from little bits of paper in a plastic case saying ...wait thats GAME, nowhere i know gamestation is doing anything.

Ive put my name down in GAMe in manchester fort for a very long time now. when i got my ds lite. that was june, its now end of september, they said they would probably ring me when i can preorder one.

didnt GAME only let people get their pre-ordered 360s if they paid mroe for a bundle???

Nope. Thats what they call bullshit.

I remember a day or two before we had an email coming down basically saying "Yes, push bundles anda ll that, but nobody is obliged to take one." I think PS3s may be a bit different, because people who don't buy in bundles are generally just going to sell it on eBay.

Nope. Thats what they call bullshit.

I remember a day or two before we had an email coming down basically saying "Yes, push bundles anda ll that, but nobody is obliged to take one." I think PS3s may be a bit different, because people who don't buy in bundles are generally just going to sell it on eBay.

unfortunately some managers, like our's in belfast, on 360 launch day turned away anyone who wasn't wanting to buy one of the GAME bundles. if HQ in england found out how these guys operate at times (the stories i could tell!) just to make themselves look good, they'd all be fired on the spot i'd wager...!