NEurope
mcj metroid

Love lives!

I've been with my girlfriend for well over a year now, I'm going to be a dad in march, we are going to Japan in 11 days...... Yeah that's it in a nutshell..... A really small nutshell...

Seeing as the thread went onto long distance/internet relationships...... I really don't think they can last in that state for a long period of time, especially with relationships that start over a long distance I think 99% of the time things just can't work out.......

For starters, for things to work out one of you will have to make the compremise/risk of actually moving out to where the other person lives...... This connected with the fact that you won't have been able to spend a real long period of time with them before is going to make things kind of unstable....

Then if we are going international there is a bigger problem of needing a visa to actually live in the country.... You can get a tourist visa yes, but, that has it's limits.... To stay for extended period of time you would need a work visa or a permenent visa which would be possible to get..... If you married.. Ermmm I don't see this happening right away though....

Next there is the fact that if one of the parties is presented a better deal from someone else they are interested in it's easier for them to move on as there in reality is as much of a connection when you are doing everything over the phone or internet.... You can see this alone just by playing FFXI where everyone seems to be a (well I refrain from using the word but you can guess).....

Basically I'm not exactly an expert having never been in one but I can just see too many problems with it.....

Sorry if I offended anyone with this post. >.<

Speaking from experience, i wouldnt particularly agree, i had a long distance relationship that lasted about 3 years. The distance does add extra difficulties but it doesnt make things impossible. Granted my relationship ended, but it wasnt in any way because of the distance.

I would like to add a comment on long distance relationships...

Me and my last girlfriend broke up after 9 months cos she was going to Uni for 3 years in Devon and we didnt think it would work.... Anyway to cut a long story short she got another boyfriend near to where we live and then went off to Uni and that relationship only lasted for 4 months or so, cos he was getting too jealous of her being all the way down there and phoning her constantly to see where she was going, getting angry and pretty much on her case and accusing her of all sorts all the time etc. So they split...kinda proved that me and her wouldnt have worked.

Im glad we never stayed together as now we are good friends and when she comes back up from Devon we always go out... For example im going round hers tonight (back up here for summer hols) we'll probably do teh sex but there is no strings anymore and we just feel comfortable in each others company and have a good laugh but know things wont get messy or the whole jealousy thing will hit in when she goes back to Uni. She needs to be single down there and have fun, it's all part of Uni life.

Who knows in the future we may hit it off again but to be honest i would hope ive found someone long before that :)

Re: Long distance relationships. Mine started long distance, stayed that way for 6 years ish. After the first year there'd be trips back and forth at least twice a year to see each other. There was one rough patch, but now things are stronger than ever, she's moved in, bought the engagement ring this afternoon and the wedding is December 30th.

Re: Long distance relationships. Mine started long distance, stayed that way for 6 years ish. After the first year there'd be trips back and forth at least twice a year to see each other. There was one rough patch, but now things are stronger than ever, she's moved in, bought the engagement ring this afternoon and the wedding is December 30th.

good to give me hope :) no one local is ever interested in me, but judging by my town that might be a good thing ;)

Congratulations Bowser57, I remember sharing tips with you briefly on phone cards and long distance relationships. Unfortunately mine took a rather different turn - I'm glad things worked out for you :)

Regarding myself, I'm sick of women for a while. Unless I meet someone amazing at uni this year, I'm not going to go into any effort thanks to the ending of the last relationship (girl: *insert fist, remove heart*) ¬_¬

I thought the reason you weren't online much was due to WoW :P

Ah well, nice one Dan. I never knew :)

thats so stupidly sweet!

well done to both of you for making it work and not chickening out!

all the best :D

I was in a long term relationship from the age of 17 to 22. It finally ended a year and a half ago :) I should have ended it a long time before that but thats what happens when you get stuck in a rut and you spend more time with your other half's family than your own, i just couldn't imagine not being a part of her family anymore.

But then i got to know my current girlfriend, Charlie (short for Charlotte)... we just clicked :heart: we were both in relationships and both ended them to be with each other, she is my best friend and as a bonus she is absolutely stunning :awesome: we are hopefully getting a house shortly after christmas and i plan on proposing around that time too.

Charlie + Wii + House = HEAVEN :)

Sorry if i made any of you throw up btw guys :heh:

Excellent news!

ilovedieter.JPG

Holy shit, you managed to get her to carve that into herself. Now thats what I call some serious pussy control :bowdown: .

Fucking Shabba.

:)

Holy shit, you managed to get her to carve that into herself. Now thats what I call some serious pussy control :bowdown: .

Somehow I think it may just be pen...

:o

Somehow I think it may just be pen...

:o

Perhaps...looks a bit bloody though...

I need some love.... :cry:

I know what its like to be single, it sucks.

I'm just... really excited.

I'm tempted to make a Jar comment, but I guess we should stop making those, huh?

I'm tempted to make a Jar comment, but I guess we should stop making those, huh?

Be great... yeah :P

Hands up everyone who fell in love with a foreign girl who went to your sixth form (but was already taken back in her home country) but when she went back there the following summer for a holiday, she broke up with the foreign fiend before returning to the UK only to start going out with one of your friends on results day. Then after having dropped out of sixth form and been lazy for 9 months you start hanging out with her again, only to find out she'd dumped the other guy months ago but now she's going out with a tory cretin and she's leaving in 2 months anyway...

Just me? I thought there were more of you!

I know what its like to be single, it sucks.

GENERIC JAR RELATED COMMENT

I was originally planning some stupid/joke post for this thread, but I think I'll scratch that and chalk up a little brutal honesty on the blackboard.

I'm not one for relationships. I have a tough enough time liking myself, let alone anyone else.

I was originally planning some stupid/joke post for this thread, but I think I'll scratch that and chalk up a little brutal honesty on the blackboard.

I'm not one for relationships. I have a tough enough time liking myself, let alone anyone else.

Yeah, me and Guy did what they did in friends, if both of us are still single by the time were 40, we would get married, and combine our wealth so we could make Rei Ayanami cyborgs