N-Europe

Mario Strikers Charged Football

EchoDesiato

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stefkov
Awesome,was hoping you would be in this tournament aswell Stefkov.And i'm going with Gameplay since I have experience with them.Didn't people get stuff a day early from play aswell though?

I think it was Sonic or something.

Awesome, I'll gladly play. Although before when I said I preordered I kinda forgot to go to checkout and play Gears of War. I went back to it, and went to checkout, now the page apparently doesn't exist...:wtf:

I never played the GCN version of this game so I reckon I'll have to get this, see what it's like.

Me neither, I did want to get it, although it's still above the £30 mark in shops near me, which is making me not buy it.

My gameplay orders usually only come the release day....I think they all have actually.

gameplay orders are usually sent on the wednesday, I think, which is awesome.

Hey I'll play in the tourney.

I'm not pre-ordering though, I'm gonna check out the local supermarkets on day of release. I can never bring myself to trust an online store to get the game to me on release day.

And Asda and Tesco have been good to me so far, with Excite Truck, Eledees and Wario Ware. Close to online prices too :D

After reading the online playtest over on IGN im extremely optimistic about this game. I will be willing to have a kick around with a few of you before we start the tourny if anyone else is up for it.

Just a quick question here, can you use the Cube pad with this or is it just the Wiimote?

After reading the online playtest over on IGN im extremely optimistic about this game. I will be willing to have a kick around with a few of you before we start the tourny if anyone else is up for it.

I'm more than up for a little kick about :)

I think 2 vs 2 is gonna be funny.

Anyone want a Mario Smash Football VIP code? If you do drop me a PM

I had 2 copys because i brought the first and got the second free with the pearl white cube that i brought new for £49.99 at argos ages ago.

Hmm i also have another code which i think was the white cube but im not sure!

Guest Stefkov

What's with Opera. I couldn't get through to order the game on gameplay.

I try on IE and I do it first time.

Anyway this is ordered, can't wait now.

EDGE gave it 6.

From their review...

"The eventful minutes-long matches and frantic to-and-fro make Mario Strikers a suitable curtain-raiser for online gaming on the Wii, but a balanced and deep extreme sports game this is not, lacking the fine checks and balances of, say, EA's NBA Street. It's a decent investment for multiplayer enthusiasts, but as Nintendo's hesitant toe-dipping in the online ocean goes, Mario Kart DS was a far more auspicious start."

Now dont panic - and let's put this into context - Super Paper Mario scored a 7 in Edge and we all know that it's a great game so for Mario Strikers to get a 6 still sounds like a good game to me!

I'll wait for more reviews to come rolling in but I'm still confident this game will deliver. : peace:

Selective interpretation is just deluding yourself. This game is pretty average if you see all the marks coming in. It should still be fun but don't expect a Smash Bros. or Mario Kart from this one.

Edge are always right, how dare you deny them!

I just tend to buy badly scored games regardless of their opinions and then regret it later...

Hmmm looks like all the harbingers of doom who started dissing the game after the edge review need to take a large slice of humble pie - sounds like the online sites seem to dig the game - I've got a good feeling about this! :laughing:

1. In the online main menu, select the function “Invite a friend”.

2. Now you get a list of all your registered friends. Select the person you want to play against.

3. Your friend’s Wii now displays the following info box: “(Somebody) wants to play with you. Do you want to ..?”

- Accept the match

- Cancel the match

- Accept the match with a friend (= A second player can play at your friend’s console in his team)

- Show the match settings (play length, game mode, stadium, cheats on/off)

4. Wait until your friend has accepted the match.

5. The connection quality is displayed and the match starts.

Sounds much better than the DS Friends system.

Sounds much better than the DS Friends system.
To be honest, that doesn't mean it's good. Far from it.

But yeah it's better. Any info on how these Friends are managed? Per game, per Mii, per Wii?

Any info on how these Friends are managed? Per game, per Mii, per Wii?

Totally unknown. I asked NoE, they told me to ask when the game is released. I probably won't get a decent answer. We probably won't know until someone someone gets the next online game (bar Pokemon).

Totally unknown. I asked NoE, they told me to ask when the game is released. I probably won't get a decent answer. We probably won't know until someone someone gets the next online game (bar Pokemon).

Yeah likewise I sent an email to NoA (NoE didn't reply!) and they said there were no immediate plans to implement a Mii friend code system at the moment, but that future plans are subject to change on a game per game basis...

Keep an eye out for the TV Adverts starting from the 19th May. They will appear during the Champions League and FA Cup final adverts, plus Coronation Street, Grease Is the Word and Big Brother. They star Ian Wright and Shaun Wright-Phillips

Well definitly count in me on the tourney, decided I'm going to trade in a load of snes stuff that I just never use, went to gamestation today should be able to trade and have money to spare!

You got anything good? You not wanna stick it on the Sales/ Bargain Board... see if any of us might take it off your hands...?

Guest Stefkov
Keep an eye out for the TV Adverts starting from the 19th May. They will appear during the Champions League and FA Cup final adverts, plus Coronation Street, Grease Is the Word and Big Brother. They star Ian Wright and Shaun Wright-Phillips

Wow, the FA cup final, that is gonna get a loooad of views.

I was winering how will this even be playable between two people. I remember seeing the cube version videos and was like the human can easily defeat the computer. It won't be hard to get like plenty of goals just by shooting anywhere, plus those crocodile goal keepers, all I saw them do was save the shots until one of those super power ones came.

It'll be fun to see how it will work.

The TV ad sees Ian and Shaun at home battling another team of opponents online using the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, a feature that allows Wii owners to take on anyone across Europe.

To celebrate the launch, Ian Wright will also be appearing at GAME, Oxford Street from 9am on launch day (25th May) playing against challengers in store and signing Wii hardware and software for fans.

---

Any Ian Wright fans - Go to GAME, Oxford Street for your game.

Just a quick question here, can you use the Cube pad with this or is it just the Wiimote?

me too, they spoke very highly of it, I never got the first, but I'm interested in this simply for the online.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!