NEurope
EchoDesiato

Mario Strikers Charged Football

Has anyone done all the challenges yet? I can't do one of the superstar ones and the last 2.. keeps me addicted to trying them though.

I beat them all last week. The best bet is to score and then just hang around your keeper and give him the ball until the time runs out. The diddy challenge is all about luck im afraid.

i have only tried 1 challenge it was when i first got the game and hadn't even learnt the controls. I attempted the hardest challenge and failed miserably.

What a mistake that was. :D

I beat them all last week. The best bet is to score and then just hang around your keeper and give him the ball until the time runs out. The diddy challenge is all about luck im afraid.

It was 6-1 with like 30 secs to go >_< I so should have won! Did you do them all easily?

It was 6-1 with like 30 secs to go >_< I so should have won! Did you do them all easily?

Yeah, pretty much. The only one I struggled with was the Diddy challenge, like I said earlier, its all down to luck.

The game gets so cheap later on

Can't unlock the almighty Petey (cos he's cheating)

Anyone got any tips for beating Diddy Kong in the 2nd cup?

He's wiping the floor with me!

My team is Mario, 2 x dry bones and shy guy

How has everyone else overcome him? He's proving to be a very worthy competitor!

HELP!

Yep , give up. Thats what I have done anyway.

After going through the group phase completely unbeaten on a few occasions , the cheating little scumbag insists on making me see that 'Restart Cup' option every single time I face him.

My failure to even conquer this annoying little shit means I dread to think what my prospects may be like for the forthcoming tourney.

He's wiping the floor with me!

My team is Mario, 2 x dry bones and shy guy

How has everyone else overcome him? He's proving to be a very worthy competitor!

HELP!

Go with a mix of playmakers & balanced players

Save up on items, then wait till you end up with 2 players (including captains). Once you have a little free room with your captain, start charging for a megastrike and use the item DURING the charge, not before cause they would recover in time. You should be able to pull off a 6-goal megastrike.

An easy way would be to use peach and photograph both diddy & whoever he has lef there.

I actually had diddy using red card on my only 2 chars in the field...he didn't score!

I lost in the elimination round of the crystal cup again xD Gosh, it was a tough game. Lost during sudden death after about 6 minutes of complete destruction. And then I became a bit inattentively and Luigi's team really owned me with one offensive action. Suprisingly I didn't bother that much. I was happy with my performance (and that doesn't happen a lot)...well, on to another Crystal Cup :D

Someday I will win...someday I will go like this: :yay::D

Btw, will there be another N-Europe tournament ever again?

Guess who I saw on the "My Season Ranking" page?

Our very own Oli1983uk :P

We're both on 55 points, I was quite surprised to see him on the same page as me considering how many people play the game!

http://www.cubed3.com/news/7724/1/Mario_Strikers_Wii_Nears_Half_Million_Connections

Nintendo Wi-Fi News | Mario Strikers Wii Nears Half Million Connections

The latest online Wi-Fi connection data has now been collated and shows how popular Mario Strikers Charged Football has already been on Wii. Thanks to Bo130 of NeoGAF, here is the latest Top 10 Connections chart:

1.) Pokémon Diamond (NDS, The Pokémon Company) - 1,574,962

2.) Pokémon Pearl (NDS, The Pokémon Company) - 1,076,439

3.) Mario Strikers Charged Football (Wii, Nintendo) - 490,130

4.) Animal Crossing: Wild World (NDS, Nintendo) - 396,816

5.) Mario Kart DS (NDS, Nintendo) - 310,590

6.) Metroid Prime Hunters (NDS, Nintendo) - 215,103

7.) Jump! Ultimate Stars (NDS, Nintendo) - 124,141

8.) Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (NDS, Square Enix) - 114,609

9.) Tetris DS (NDS, Nintendo) - 65,501

10.) Pokémon Battle Revolution (Wii, The Pokémon Company) - 50,815

This means that since last week's début for Mario Strikers Charged Football, the game has risen from the initial 399,569 connections, which were lower likely due to the problems with the servers when first released.

Hopefully that'll go some way to showing Nintendo that online is an important feature!

Damn! I hoped this game would come today. I ordered it from HMV for 30 quid. A good deal, if I may say so myself.

Hopefully that'll go some way to showing Nintendo that online is an important feature!

When I 1st got this game I wasn't bothered about online, but now I've experienced online gaming I can't keep off the thing!

My god, now I know why I like playing on the 360 online more. Xbox players are less likely to quit the friggin match if they lose a frgging game..

I dont see the fucking point in quitting the fucking game...

/rant.

I dont see the fucking point in quitting the fucking game...

/rant.

Whilst it is definately annoying , on the few occasions that I have had DCers I take comfort in the fact that I have managed to annoy someone so much that they feel they need to quit.

Someone on gamefaqs said that one way to possibly combat this problem is to ease off and allow the other player to get back into the game a little bit and give them a couple of easy goals. How effective this is I don't know as I rarely dominate ranked matches enough to try this.

In other news , my constant retrying of the Crystal Cup has finally reaped rewards. Inspired by an awesome ranked match I attempted it again last night and finally beat it. The Strikers Cup is now waiting , but I truely dread attempting that.

Does anyone else find the A button a tad unresponsive at times? A few times I've pressed A during a megastrike only for nothing to happen (not even the "you missed" buzz).

You press B during a mega strike, surely?

I meant the saving megastrikes part.

I meant the saving megastrikes part.

Made me lose a tourney match once. It doesn't happen that often though, just a small glitch it seems.

One question: How do you run through the keeper?

You can use some characters to dodge past him (eg. Toad and his gay little leap-thing.) I've seen plenty try, but I've only seen one succeed once so far. Also some special shots are as good as walking it in at the right range (Boo, Monty.)

Must be said:

070604.jpg

One question: How do you run through the keeper?

I don't run through them. I do flip over them many times as Toad though :p

You can use some characters to dodge past him (eg. Toad and his gay little leap-thing.) I've seen plenty try, but I've only seen one succeed once so far. Also some special shots are as good as walking it in at the right range (Boo, Monty.)

Yea, just figured it out. Should be useful.

I've seen plenty try, but I've only seen one succeed once so far.

Then you should play my game :D If I play against Waluigi, he always teleports through my keeper. So does the little Bonethingy, whatever he is called. When I try to do this, it fails all the time -.-

I hate the Wasteland arena. It's so annoying that the passes don't get to the players like they should. Love the Lightning Field, though. It's great to see the whole enemy team getting smashed away by a cow :p