NEurope
EchoDesiato

Mario Strikers Charged Football

Don't know if this has been covered but when my friends hosts an online game I can select any character I want. Like Piranha, Diddy Kong, ... even though neither he nor me unlocked it. On the other hand the person who hosts the game just has the character he unlocked available.

My favourite move for online play is jumping over the enemy goalkeeper with toad :)

Anyone else noticed that those high but slow shots (I am sorry I don't know the proper english word for it) to shoot over the goalkeeper doesn't hit as often as in the GC version.

Its called a "lob" : peace:

Just got the game today. Man how frantic is it. I find i'm scoring goals without really knowing how. Lob the ball towards the striker, slow mo slam it into the goal. Awesome. I'm finding difficulty on keeping an eye on power ups and using them though. Need lots of practice before I go online.

Martin Galway was good too! : peace:

Yeah, but he just didn't have the bounciness of Hubbard.

Those were the days.

One of favourite things about Strikers is the fact that because people are using their Mii profiles, the people you play tend to have some actual god honest names. Like Paul, or Francois or Jan. It's a nice reminder that you're playing against an actual human being, and is a refeshing change from names running along the lines of "n00855uk1111" or "c05micpwnage" that tend to permeate most online games.

Is there a way to jump up in the air and get the ball while people pass up through the air? And is there another form of tackling you can do instead of tackling towards the ball? Just curious cause when online people just go around tackling my guys :heh:

Just got the game today. Man how frantic is it. I find i'm scoring goals without really knowing how. Lob the ball towards the striker, slow mo slam it into the goal. Awesome. I'm finding difficulty on keeping an eye on power ups and using them though. Need lots of practice before I go online.

Same here, I'm not too good at using them either :P

Is there a way to jump up in the air and get the ball while people pass up through the air? And is there another form of tackling you can do instead of tackling towards the ball? Just curious cause when online people just go around tackling my guys :heh:

Yeah, shake the remote to whack the player.

Basically, if you use the D-Pad tackle, it always claims you the ball, but you might miss with it and is generally short range. Also, the opposing player can get it back pretty quickly.

Shaking the remote shoved the player out of the way but you don't instantly get the ball. However, it does temporarily stun the other player and send them flying, which is nice. It generally has longer range too.

Is there a way to jump up in the air and get the ball while people pass up through the air? Just curious cause when online people just go around tackling my guys :heh:

That bugs me too , and I still haven't figured an effective way of beating it (as Dyson said). The barge tackle is good if you can get to the receiving people quick enough , but that isn't always easy.

* Although I suck badly so what the hell do I know , in fact my suckage is so bad it could mean ebay beckons.

Is it just me or does one of the main menu theme tunes scream 'seventies game show' or what?

After reading a bunch of reviews I've sort of given in to the thought that nobody actually played the first game, because they seem absolutely dazzled by stuff that already featured prominently in the GC predecessor.

So I'm asking here instead, those of you who've played both, how different is it?

Is it just me or does one of the main menu theme tunes scream 'seventies game show' or what?

Lol, its kinda surprising having good original music in a sports game cus usually its just a bunch of licensed “radio” music

Yeah the music is awesome on this, just love it!

One thing I wish they had done with this is given us a choice of keepers, they needn't have had different stats, just a choice would have been nice so everyone didn't have the same keeper...

Yeah the music is awesome on this, just love it!

One thing I wish they had done with this is given us a choice of keepers, they needn't have had different stats, just a choice would have been nice so everyone didn't have the same keeper...

I would've liked that as well. It would have given the game even more variety. I'm also not that keen on the crocodile and would rather have monty mole or toad in goal.

The music is OK. There are some pretty nice clips littered around as well as some extraordinarily low key soundtracks. Beats the the pants off the licensed crap you find in you're average EA sports title at any rate. Custom soundtracks would have been nice, but I won't complain.

I think I might go into Barnsley and trade Zelda, which I completed in and haven't played since December, for it.

Anyone know how much it is in Game or Gamestation and how much I can trade Zelda in for?

£22 pounds or so methinks for Zelda, so you could get the game for £8-£15??

£22 pounds or so methinks for Zelda, so you could get the game for £8-£15??

Awesome thanks for help.

I think I might go into Barnsley and trade Zelda, which I completed in and haven't played since December, for it.

Anyone know how much it is in Game or Gamestation and how much I can trade Zelda in for?

In my local Game if you trade in Zelda, you only have to pay an extra 9.99 for strikers.

Well I managed to reach the final of the Strikers Cup but got knocked out by Bowser. I did get both the other trophies though before I got knocked out.

has anyone played 4 player yet? I still think that the cube controller is better in terms of logistics... ie we cant all be in sensor bar range.

Is the sensor bar necessary? can you turn off goal saving? does it have anyother function

has anyone played 4 player yet? I still think that the cube controller is better in terms of logistics... ie we cant all be in sensor bar range.

Is the sensor bar necessary? can you turn off goal saving? does it have anyother function

I played a fair bit of 4-player over the weekend as I went to a bit of a Wii/LAN party. It was a good laugh, although me and a mate kept beating the crap out of everyone :)

You would be surprised how well the wiimote/nunchuk combo works for this game. I had no trouble getting to grips with it. The only thing that felt a bit wrong was shaking the nunchuk to change powerups - a bit awkward when you're trying to move players with it too!

You need the sensor bar for the megastrikes and for navigating the menus. And no, you can't turn off goal saving, but it's really not as intrusive as I always thought it would be.

To be honest I know what your talikng about as I have quite a large living room, therefore the distance between the TV and where I sit on the sofa is out of range:nono: So I have to pull up a chair and for 4 players it even more annoying.

Does anyone know if there are sensor bars for purchase with longer range and where I can get one : peace:

Crystal cup is pissing me off, I keep getting to the final and then getting beat and due to the crappy save system I have to start all over again.