NEurope
EchoDesiato

Mario Strikers Charged Football

Jebus. Some people are playing online like its Judgement Day. With that amount of effort being put into it, the fun factor must take a hit.

Jebus. Some people are playing online like its Judgement Day. With that amount of effort being put into it, the fun factor must take a hit.

Welcome to online gaming. I'm still thinking about this game, not sure when to get it. My dads decided to buy me a game this week cus he's going to China for a week (:D) and might get this.

I'm kinda afraid that when I get the game ppl will be tired of it, since they're always playing.

And HOLY SHIT is this spell checking? And why does it recognize shit? :P

HOLY SHIT is this spell checking? And why does it recognize shit? :P

Because it's a real word.

lol agreed. I've played 10 matches and i;ve lost everyone of them, but i'm still enjoying the game something stupid. I can never score!!! I can't do a special move with a character becasue before I do someone knocks me out the way.

One complaint I have with the game is its basically impossible to score without doing some form of special move. (or is that just me?)

lol agreed. I've played 10 matches and i;ve lost everyone of them, but i'm still enjoying the game something stupid. I can never score!!! I can't do a special move with a character becasue before I do someone knocks me out the way.

One complaint I have with the game is its basically impossible to score without doing some form of special move. (or is that just me?)

Sorry, it's just you. :D

There's quite a few ways to score. I scored almost from the kick off earlier against someone online, a really slow shot. Surprised it went in.

Tip: When the ball thing goes white, try to unleash a powerful shot. Just charge for a second or two, then release. It'll help. :)

Sorry, it's just you. :D

There's quite a few ways to score. I scored almost from the kick off earlier against someone online, a really slow shot. Surprised it went in.

Tip: When the ball thing goes white, try to unleash a powerful shot. Just charge for a second or two, then release. It'll help. :)

No that's where you go wrong sometimes. You always charge and i can get the ball very easily. To get the ball white you keep passing it's still much easier. Lob passing is what i do most of the time.

Can i ask though how do you jump to catch the ball when i'm lobbing it? I can'r work that out?

No that's where you go wrong sometimes. You always charge and i can get the ball very easily. To get the ball white you keep passing it's still much easier. Lob passing is what i do most of the time.

Can i ask though how do you jump to catch the ball when i'm lobbing it? I can'r work that out?

So, just pass it and then shoot, rather than pass it and charge for a second, then shoot? I do that as well, but I find charging leads to better results.

Essentially, it's all about finding space on the field.

So, just pass it and then shoot, rather than pass it and charge for a second, then shoot? I do that as well, but I find charging leads to better results.

Essentially, it's all about finding space on the field.

Maybe but you were the easiest player to tackle that i played and I found mostly that was because you were trying to charge. What i do is constantly pass. But hey you beat me the last 2 games maybe i'm wrong.:)

From what i've experienced, charging does help even if the ball is white already. It seems the ball gets more of a curve if you charge even if it's only for a short time.

Aside from that, assists from your own half seem to have a higher success rate as well. Maybe the goalie is in the wrong position, no clue about that.

Now for intercepting those lobs. I've seen alot of people steal one not by tackling, but by actually doing a header. I've done it myself a couple of times, mostly by mistake though. What triggers it?

One extra little trick: if noone has the ball, but you're close to the ball, try pressing A. Instead of switching characters, your char gets a small boost to the ball and instantly passes. I've noticed this with Boo alot, it could be something specific to him..not sure.

ya That's what i mean the header that intercepts the lobs. Fierce Link does them a hell of a lot.....Spill the beans Fierce:)

Maybe but you were the easiest player to tackle that i played and I found mostly that was because you were trying to charge. What i do is constantly pass. But hey you beat me the last 2 games maybe i'm wrong.:)

I like to have too much time on the ball, that's my problem. I need to up the pace a bit, I think.

To do the intercepting thing, just press the D-pad when the ball is in the air, I think. I go by instinct. :D

Because it's a real word.

OH RLY?

It's just that a lot of spell checkers don't recognize curse words.

Mario Strikers and Grapes. I got them both today and they're both delicious.

Who's up for an online-o in the morn'? I'll pop my friend in the appropriate thread soon.

I love Boo.

Mario Strikers and Grapes. I got them both today and they're both delicious.

Who's up for an online-o in the morn'? I'll pop my friend in the appropriate thread soon.

I love Boo.

Me me me :D

Me me me :D

First on my list :p I'll go throw my code over in the code thread.

does anyone think that the characters are too small and the playing views too high.

on the later levels its kinda hard to see whats goin on (in detail).

its confusing

does anyone think that the characters are too small and the playing views too high.

on the later levels its kinda hard to see whats goin on (in detail).

its confusing

You can change the height of the camera in the video options section, I think the higher the number the closer the camera. Not sure what the difference between dynamic and static is like though I've kept mine on dynamic.

Had this game a few days now. Won the Fire Cup straight off with all the unlockables but sounds like the other two are a lot harder. Can't wait to play online but think I'll try and finish the other cups first so I don't get trounced in every game. I don't seem to have got the hang of the power ups yet but am pretty good at passing and waving my remote to take out the opposition!

I think the Wi-Fi is what will carry this game in terms of longevity. There's not an awful lot there in the single player game and I can see myself getting bored pretty quickly on my own.

I'm beginning to distinctly loathe overuse of the hop dodge. I'm looking at you, Hammer Bro. You little bastard.

So Nintendo only gave Game and Gamestation like 3 copies each in Barnsley.

2 hours wasted. I'm suing.

damn i really wish i had the cash for this game.

I'd love to be in your situation then at least you don't have the cash pointing and laughing at you every time you open your wallet.

The computer cheats...cheats i say...CHEATS!

Tell me about it, I'm sick of making the crystal cup finals easily only to get whitewashed.