N-Europe

Mario Strikers Charged Football

EchoDesiato

Would a small map be impossible too to let you know where you characters are? It's also impossible to aim your weapon.

There's already too much going on onscreeen to allow for a map , although maybe having it as an option would have been preferable. I do agree that the aiming of items is a little erratic.

The character specials are not very evenly matched either. mario and luigis special surpasses them all by far. Donkeykongs would be good IF the ball didn't move with it. Warios is good but is difficult to get right.

Wouldn't agree with this either , the Mario/Luigi special is just as easily beatable as the others and I do feel that the specials are fairly balanced.

The one area that I still feel needs improving is the dekeing , perhaps a slightly longer delay before a player can repeat a deke would solve a lot of the problems on this game.

Yes , they are all beatable to an extent , but it is such a case of split second timing that there are still too many players out there who like to turn every match into a 3 minute dekeathon (new word ftw).

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had it for about a week now, the game is loads of fun. But the lag in the online mode is just awful. It's not bad all the time, and when it isn't it's quality but when there is lag, it really ruins it. Especially when you can't even save megastrikes because the lag makes it so it doesn't even recognise button presses! I just hope it gets sorted by the time Smash Bros comes out.

Have to say that in the online mode there are many action replay or sth similar cheaters..Just played a ranked game with a guy who had 20+ wins and 8 losts..I was in the lead with 3-1 and when he made it 3-2 all of a sudden my players start not to respond in my controls..of course he managed to make it 4-3 for him..have seen the same situation 3-4 times again..:indeed:

I think that's your controllers' fault :p

Yes i thought about it but i dont think so..All the times were so similar..The opponents were in bad position and they had a very good record..I was in thel lead and they couldnt afford their lost..I am alsmost sure its a cheating..I dont remember the same thing happened in games with not so good players(with good record)..they just disconected from the game..lol:heh:

Have to say that in the online mode there are many action replay or sth similar cheaters..Just played a ranked game with a guy who had 20+ wins and 8 losts..I was in the lead with 3-1 and when he made it 3-2 all of a sudden my players start not to respond in my controls..of course he managed to make it 4-3 for him..have seen the same situation 3-4 times again..:indeed:

I've experinced a bit of that too. I played a ranked game earlier where all the players were moving about at double the speed!

I was playing ealier tonight and half way through a game all my characters stopped moving down!

I was winning 3-2 then I couldn't move down so he was winning 6-3 with seconds to go on the clock..

This is the 1st time I've disconnected from the game! There was no way that cheating git was gonna win!

Lame-arse cheats are f'ing killing this game.

Didn't have any of the action replay shit , but this high ranked player I was just playing resorted to spamming in the 1st game when he got behind and eventually won. Second game , he tried the same shit but I was clued up this time. Was beating him 10-5 with a couple of seconds left and the cheap-arse pussy DCed.

Honestly don't know why I bother with online gaming.

ok plugging. if you are tired of the cheating join the league and play people on the forum who dont cheat

thats not really true, your league allows spamming, which whilst yes not cheating does make you feel cheated when you lose.

I think this game can be very annoying online, unless your playing against a like minded player, last night I player a lad lost 7-5 in the first game and everyone of his goals was scored by toad jumping over the keeper time and time again he didn't have one legit shot in the whole game...it does makes for some very annoying play.

it is largely down to it being unbalanced when it comes to some things...

EDIT:

Pigmarcher you sound just as disillusioned as me, fancy some honest games later? (think we've got friend codes from the tourney!)

Well the thing is the way i see it working is the people that use those abilities well will be playing against people who do the same. the lower down the leagues you go there will be less of it. so i would say that you would be playing against people of a similar frame of mind.

The rules can be changed from season to season so if it becomes an issue then i can change it.

I am of the same mind frame as you. i hate the spammage but it is part of the game and as a result i cant really call it cheating.

People with action replay is cheating and there will be none of that. first sign of it will mean disqualification.

EDIT: Fancy a game tomorrow? i dont use the spam of special abilities so it would be fair. Wheni say fair you will still thrash me.

OK.

I thrash everyone in Striker cup. Get to the final (not the final final).

Yoshi scores 3 non-charged, simple shots.

One of them from his own half. (as in 3/4 of the pitch away form my goal).

WTF?

thats not really true, your league allows spamming, which whilst yes not cheating does make you feel cheated when you lose.

EDIT:

Pigmarcher you sound just as disillusioned as me, fancy some honest games later? (think we've got friend codes from the tourney!)

That also crossed my mind , I have signed up but if there is a large amount of players that resort to cheating then I will happily drop out. There shouldn't be because I have played a few of those in friendlies/tourney and those were good games.

I should be signing in a bit later (unsure what time) so I hope to catch you as our matches were enjoyable.

Quick question - does anyone else think that the AI varies on ranked matches ? I have had some online games where the keepers and such are rock hard and then all of a sudden in the next game they can't stop a thing.

If that is the case then Next Level/Nintendo have really screwed up , because surely the AI should be the same on all ranked matches.

I finally decided to get this game yesterday after a regular convinced me to do so (an ironic role reversal) but I forgot to put one by and a customer bought the last one. Pesky cutomers!

Will probably wait until after the weekend now.

Why is the "Road to the striker cup" mode so goddamn retarded? Why do I have to start all over again when I want to change team? I don't want to have to spend half an hour playing through that shitty fire cup again. And if you lose in the final yo have to start the cup all over again, that would be fine if the cups didn't take forever, but oh wait they do.

And I hate those shitty gimmicky stadiums. They're not fun, they're annoying.

/rant. It's a really fun game, but at times it's so infuriating.

I've just played the guy who was rank 7. He used cheap tactics, like rolling under the keeper with Dry Bones, but he was excellent at it. He won the first game 4-3, I won the next game 5-2, then he beat me 4-1. I thought it was a great effort on my part.

I've just played the guy who was rank 7. He used cheap tactics, like rolling under the keeper with Dry Bones, but he was excellent at it. He won the first game 4-3, I won the next game 5-2, then he beat me 4-1. I thought it was a great effort on my part.

When people keep faking past my keeper with dry bones or toad - I do it right back at them with Boo.