Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Sonic And The Secret Rings

Helmsly

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eugh, played it again and just... no, hate it, not for me at all. Not enjoying one bit.

Also wet back to Red Steel and hated that as well.

Excite Trucks still a laugh though.

ET is great, but Red Steel was really good when I first played it, I completed it almost in one sitting and I got really used to the controls. Maybe that's why you don't like it...you need to keep your hand dead still.

To be honest I think I've just been going mental with buying all the games recently, and I'm getting a bit bored, and maybe a bit jaded.

I'm starting to feel like I'm playing games because someone said they're great rather than because I think they're great.

I just played Ico and Shadow of the Colossus earlier and hated both of those as well. I might pack away my systems for a while and take a break.

To be honest I think I've just been going mental with buying all the games recently, and I'm getting a bit bored, and maybe a bit jaded.

I'm starting to feel like I'm playing games because someone said they're great rather than because I think they're great.

I just played Ico and Shadow of the Colossus earlier and hated both of those as well. I might pack away my systems for a while and take a break.

I was like that a while ago. Couldn't keep interested in a game for long and it was really annoying!

The Wii changed it though and now I'm loving games again!

I go through phases like that and then a game comes along that pulls me out of the rut. I find when I go on a spending spree with games I become lost in them as I have too many to play so I try to finish them before I buy another. If very rarely works out like that though :heh:

I go through phases like that and then a game comes along that pulls me out of the rut. I find when I go on a spending spree with games I become lost in them as I have too many to play so I try to finish them before I buy another. If very rarely works out like that though :heh:

I've decided that I'm just going to play games I actually feel like playing. I've been trying to play games to get my moneys worth, or playing games just because they're rated by other people.

From now on, if I feel like playing Lumines instead of Ico then it's gonna happen.:heh:

Guest Jordan

This game should be rated: FI for Fucking Impossible.

Some of the "no damage" and "no pearl" challenges are SIMPLY FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE.

WHO THE HELL TESTED THIS?! SOME KIDS WITH ADHD?!

And if i have to hear Sonic say "THIS JUST ISN'T MY DAY!" one more time i'm going to rip my own NUTS off.

Any mission in particular, Jordan? No damage I can usually manage (since I'm a fucking wiz anyway :D) but the no pearls ones can be extremely difficult seeing as you can't even kill enemies or anything.

But yeah, out of curiosity what missions are you refering to?

This game should be rated: FI for Fucking Impossible.

Some of the "no damage" and "no pearl" challenges are SIMPLY FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE.

WHO THE HELL TESTED THIS?! SOME KIDS WITH ADHD?!

And if i have to hear Sonic say "THIS JUST ISN'T MY DAY!" one more time i'm going to rip my own NUTS off.

This is why I'm not playing it. I probably would have already ripped my own nuts off.

Sure that the no pearl missions aren't like the ones with no rings (you just need to have no rings at the time you go through the goal - haven't played those pearl missions yet)...

But I also need to admit ... getting gold ist most time really hard (also sometimes already silver but especially gold - I mean I even have troubles to get gold in the prologe missions most times)...

if you get 1 pearl then the mission automatically stops.

I thought getting gold in the prologue missions was quite hard aswell.

I just noticed that in the special book it tells you what you need to unlock that page and there is a movie that you get with 105 silver medals.

I've got about 37 silvers so far.

Personally I think it's great that they're finally properly difficult and focused enough to be overseeable in a whole different way than S-ranks on Sonic The Hedgehog was, where you didn't even really know what stuck you with a better rank in the first place. On top of that the levels in that game were sometimes absolutely huge, and at any time in the last minute of a stage they could launch you into one of those mach speed sections where you'd get intensly raped with cars to your face enough to fall right down to B-rank.

In this they have short burst like challenges that you can actually restart quickly and figure out just where things go wrong. The fact that they're nail-bitingly difficult just make them extra great to finish.

Also, a bit of a challenge is much better than the likes of Sonic Rush, where you're so incredibly done with the game in such a small amount of time - even counting the *proper* ending - there's really nothing to go back to.

But about the no pearl ones, no they're not like the no rings ones. You actually fail the moment you grab a pearl, so you need to setup a different Skill Ring without any of the fancy pearl grabbing thingymabobs, add lots of defensive maneauvers like the Aegis Slide or whatever it's called, and make with the hands off approach.

God damn Amazon. I ordered Mario Vs Donkey Kong first class postage, hasnt been sent yet.

I ordered this on free postage, and while it was free, it too hasnt arrived yet. Neither has my Kororinpa or my Classis controller which was supposed to be packaged with it.