N-Europe

Sonic And The Secret Rings

Helmsly

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great find Dante, I have high hopes for this game.

I was playing Shadow the Hedgehog earlier and realised once again how shit the Sonic series has become, hopefully this game can repair some of the damage.

Oh yeah and has anyone else noticed that Sonic has propa gangsta bling on his finga in the vid?

More and more I'm looking really forward to his game.

I wasn't sure to get my hopes up but I really like the graphics.

In past 3D Sonic games there was so little environment. There were merely some platforms and a big background texture but in this title (unlike the other one for ps3 and xbox 360 too) the environment around Sonic is really rich and full of little details.

If it features some "free-roaming" elements like Super Mario 64 I'd be very happy.

all i see is videos that looks nice.Let me just say i haventy been impressed with sonic since sonic 3.Im not seing the player invlovement here.He keeps running and u tilt the controller.Is there going to be more to this?

Personally I don't see it either!

I'm a big Sonic fan (although Rush is the only game I've really liked in the last 10 years) but I really cant say I see anything appealing about this game's gameplay just now. The visuals are good, but the gameplay involves Sonic constantly running forward along a set path and you only steer him to avoid occasionally obstacles and collect rings...it literally seems like you could just leave the controller by itself most of the time and it'd finish levels on its own...I dont understand what the gameplay actually is.

I'm a big Sonic fan (although Rush is the only game I've really liked in the last 10 years) but I really cant say I see anything appealing about this game's gameplay just now. The visuals are good, but the gameplay involves Sonic constantly running forward along a set path and you only steer him to avoid occasionally obstacles and collect rings...it literally seems like you could just leave the controller by itself most of the time and it'd finish levels on its own...I dont understand what the gameplay actually is.

Well since you played Rush doesn't the gameplay somewhat remind you of the minigame where you had to reach the finish to obtain the emerald??? That's what the gameplay kinda reminds me of and I'm in no way dissapointed about it, i absolutely loved those bonus stages, sometimes after i had completely finished the game i would go around filling up the charge just to get into one of those.

Well since you played Rush doesn't the gameplay somewhat remind you of the minigame where you had to reach the finish to obtain the emerald??? That's what the gameplay kinda reminds me of and I'm in no way dissapointed about it, i absolutely loved those bonus stages, sometimes after i had completely finished the game i would go around filling up the charge just to get into one of those.

The Nightmares of those bonus stages still haunt me today....

Not sure how reputable GameKult is but they say this game will have:

• 70 missions
  • Approximatively 10 hours to finish all the missions, and obviously more to obtain all the medals, hidden items, and other bonuses.
  • No other playable characters. Only Sonic.
  • They shifted from an extremely active gameplay scheme to an oversimplified one because they found the original too tiring. Also according to him, deep gameplays and big adventures don't suit the Wii philosophy.
  • Over 30 mini-games, playable up to four players.
  • Possibility to have online downloadable content.

Link: http://www.gamekult.com/articles/A0000051320/

Oversimplified one because they found the original too tiring. Also according to him, deep gameplays and big adventures don't suit the Wii philosophy.
I don't agree on this point, Wii has Zelda at launch after all, and shooters like Metroid Prime 3. Story driven games are much needed, because there will be always public for them... said that... Sonic shouldn't be story driven to start with.

This "opinion" from someone from Sega doesn't fare well for a Shenmue Wii though. ::shrug:

Besides that... it's all good.

• 1 month later...
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!