N-Europe

What are YOU getting at launch?

Charlie

I've been talking to some people about their Wii Launch plans, what games they're getting, how many controllers, which Virtual Console games, where they're buying it from, how much they expect it to cost etc.

I'm stuck between 2 minds about what I'm going to get. I think I'm going to have to limit myself to 3 games, although there are so many I want, I really can't afford anymore than 3.

Virgin Megastores in Glasgow opened at midnight for the DS launch, so I expect it will do the same for the Wii, I'll either be going there or GAME in Glasgow. I might put a preorder in for both, and then go the one with the shortest queue as preorders will only be £5. Yes, I'm that sad and want to get home that much quicker. Obviously I'll only be able to do that if I've passed my driving test by then, otherwise I'll have to get a lift from someone (CVD?)...

Games, as I said before, I want at 3 if I can afford that many. I'm hoping that WiiSports will be included with the Wii for free, I don't want to shell out £30 (or £20 if its a budget title) for it, although I would play it if it was free. I think I'm going to get:

• Red Steel
  • Zelda OR Metroid
  • Excite Truck OR Monkey Ball

I haven't decided yet though, if Red Steel doesn't have a good online multiplayer I probably wont bother about it at launch and pick it up later, instead going for a game with good online multiplayer instead.

Zelda OR Metroid, I feel that 1 deep, immersive single player game is enough for me, I've always prefered multiplayer games.

Excite Truck OR Monkey Ball, I love racing games, arcade games are so much fun, I would actually like to try this out to see what controlling its like before I choose, but I don't think I'll get a chance to do so. I got Marble Blast Ultra from the Xbox Live Arcade and loved it, I'm hoping for another game like that from Monkey Ball, but I can't decide between them.

I would like to get 2 controllers, but monetery issues are here again, I don't have all that much money to spend.

Nintendo have said that it will look good whatever you play it on, they haven't said whether it will connect to a CRT VGA monitor out of the box or not, if it can't I'll buy something to let it do that.

What are you getting?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definetly zelda for me, but besides that, I'm not sure.

Prime 3 seems like must-have title (I loved the first two) but might be a big much to combine with zelda, I'll probably go for something lighter, maybe red steel or excitetruck, but that might completely change once the launch list is out.

ill probably get a white wii and extra wiimote Zelda,red steel,metroid and wii sports if its not bundled with the wii cant be 100% as we dont know the full launch line up i reckon ill play wii sports first as it looks like a quick pick up and play game and multi player as if i put zelda on first i probably wouldnt be able to turn it off to try the other games and hopefully theyll bring out a HD component lead at launch.

What game do you think you will play first?

Edit: and wario ware if its out at launch

I'm getting a Black Wii(thought the white is very nice) Zelda,Metroid maybe Red Steel need to see how that turns out and maybe Dragon Quest and if it's there Final Fantasy and an extra control.I'll probably get 2 VC games aswell.I want to get 4/5 games at launch,i'll need to wait till the launch details because it's likely it will change.

retro-lover, the wii is gonna play dvds straight outta the box, is that not what has been said for this past while...?

anyhoo, a white wii it is for me! :D now there were rumours that it might come with two wii-motes and one nunchuck, so that should do to begin with, though if multi-coloured wii-motes are available at launch i might get enough for four players for wii sports :D :D :D

defintootely getting both zelda and metroid, as i can't choose between the two of them!! zelda because, hey, it's zelda(!) and metroid because unlike ZTP it's been built from the ground up for the wii, so they are definites.

i need at least one multiplayer tho, so that'll be wii sports without a shadow of a doubt, and if it IS bundled then i'll get wario ware as it looks like a riot! :D

i won't bother with the classic controller just yet, as the first game i'm gonna buy on VC is solstice (NES) if it's available (unlikely but hey i can dream!) i LOVED that when i was a teenager and stayed at my sister's in scotland during the summer months, and all i'll have to do to play them is turn my wii-mote on its side = sweet.

sonic, red steel (and wario if i have to buy wii sports) won't be too far behind either!!

I think Nintendo said themselves that Wii wouldn't play DVDs, although this may have been quite a while ago.

they ended up confirming it would, but that you'd need a dongle that would slip inside the wii outta view. but some of the magazines that have had hands-on with it (EDGE for example) have stated that it'll play DVD's straight outta the box now.... not sure either way to be honest, but it will defo play them... somehow lol.

a lot of dvd players cost next to nothing now tho, and a dongle is only gonna cost the same, maybe £20 to £30. either way, i hope there isn't a seperate remote, i'd love to fast forward and rewind by twisting the wii-mote lol ;)

Yeah, it will be the same price as. But not everyone wants it to be able to play DVD's. I'm not bothered about it, my DVD player and computer can already play DVD's so I don't want to buy the dongle for £20 or pay £20 extra for something I'm not going to use.

What would happen when you put the controller down? Have to have a very steady hand :heh:

Wii - probably Black

Extra Controller - probably White

Zelda Twilight Princess

Multiplayer game

and Wii Sports if it's not included

There are so many great games, I don't know what to get as the second game!

Excitetruck, Super Monkey Ball, Red Steel, Rayman, Wario Ware!

Yeah, it will be the same price as. But not everyone wants it to be able to play DVD's. I'm not bothered about it, my DVD player and computer can already play DVD's so I don't want to buy the dongle for £20 or pay £20 extra for something I'm not going to use.

What would happen when you put the controller down? Have to have a very steady hand :heh:

hehe, true true. maybe it'd work while you press the 'A' button to activate it, so press it down and a sharp flick to the left or right would skip a chapter, or a twist of the wrist would fast forward or rewind, the speed depending on how far you twist it. hehe, i know it's sad for me to say but i'd find that fun :D and there's quite a few "stylish" dvd players going for about £150, simply because of how they look, so maybe anyone who doesn't have one could buy a stylish dvd player in the wii, with all the added nintendo goodness too :D