Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Goron_3

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow really quite impressed with this game after watching the Gametrailers review here

From the sounds of the review quite a long game too and easily better value for money than Ghost Squad which is very short from what I hear.

Yeah it really did sound great from the review and they actually made the point of saying 'this is a really great game' [or words to that effect] a couple of times!

Must buy me thinks!

So I take it it will be better for someone who's only ever played one Resi before?

I've only played and completed 4 (well I think a bit off 1 aswell) so there should be lots of new things for me :)

No, infact I believ that it's better for people who know the series, it's more fan wank material than anything. The big problems are the very precise hit spots and making it difficult, and the slight sensitivity problem of the IR control.

No, infact I believ that it's better for people who know the series, it's more fan wank material than anything. The big problems are the very precise hit spots and making it difficult, and the slight sensitivity problem of the IR control.

Yeah the shaky reticule bothers me too. From what I've seen in footage so far, it moves all around the place. Still, I think this game is gonna rock. I have only played RE0, REmake and RE4, but I do know what generally happened in RE2 and 3. Im really looking forward playing this title, esp. in 2P.

According to the IGN review, there's quite some replay-value in here. It certainly is a lot longer than I expected. This title may not be AAA status, but to me, this game is my most-wanted title this year. Topping even *gasp* Galaxy :o

From what I've seen so far, I think it's a 'solid 8' title.

I'm definitely getting this game, it's sounding great. My one question though, is why isn't this game coming bundled with the Zapper? And why isn't Ghost Squad? I want to play 4 player ghost squad, medal of hnour and any other future shooters with 4 zappers!! If you only get it with Links then what? I aint get 4 copies of Links crossbow training!

30£ is a fucking fortune to pay for something for playing "in between" other games. I like my money to be well spent.
Why do you see it as something to play between other games?

It has a large single player campaign, LOADS of unlockables, a 2-player mode etc...

It's a game that can last a long time, not a quick pick up and play like Ghost Squad would be!

Why do you see it as something to play between other games?

It has a large single player campaign, LOADS of unlockables, a 2-player mode etc...

It's a game that can last a long time, not a quick pick up and play like Ghost Squad would be!

Yeah, the problem is, how the whole world has stated: it gets boring and repetitive, so... yeah, I'll play it as a quick pick up, thank you very much.

I have no qualms about telling everyone to buy this game, it is fantastic.

Okay, the hit locations can be difficult, but only if your aim is poor. The weapons are good too, with a shotgun inneffective at distance and deadly at close range.

Difficulty is nicely balanced with an excellent learning curve even on the easy setting. It took me an hour on normal to finally nail the RE end guardian.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!