Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Goron_3

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just grabbed these out of the video, it's the highest resolution version I could find.

screenshot01gf7.jpg

screenshot02wt2.jpg

screenshot03hk4.jpg

That last clip was hiding something behind the door.. as it's got a clearly intentional fade out over it blurring the statue/monster behind.

Where the heck did you get that from? I WANNA SEE THE TRAILER!

Looks fan made to me.
yeah, surely.

Must be from those pre-rendered 2001 videos of RE-remake. Still gets you wondering, what will Capcom take out of this one?

If those images we've seen were real-time that is, some of them appeared to have jaggies, but I don't want to judge them from a 320x224 wmv file.

I think so too it's quite jerky if not Capcom have a lot of work to do!
The crappy encode could be due to other reasons, but yeah.

Mostly the lettering doesn't appear professional.

darkjak, i'm not the smartest of people but if you take another look at the pictures you might find a clue. it's more of a 5 second teaser than a trail.. those screens is about all you get honestly.

cheers Dante, is that significant? or just something from the games..

I think is Chris using a shotgun in arcade mode or it could be Hunk is in the mansion when everyone else is in the cave area?

Well this blows if true...

Turns out that Resident Evil is not exclusive as it was previously suggested. Capcom said today that the game will be released on the Sony PS3 and the Microsoft Xbox 360, and that there were no plans for exlusivity for this product.

A few websites are reporting this rumour at the moment, just thought I would give it a heads up.

Capcom should bring back the now scrapped Resident Evil 4,5 (you know the one in a castle with that foggy hook creature taunting you) to Wii...

Yes, I miss that hook and the inside scary enviroment.

First I read it on G-faqs and then GoNintendo, ok so not the most reliable of sources but still its worth keeping an eye on especially after the whole Capcom 5 incident.

Who knows. If it turns out pretty succesful, we know where its going.

Resident Evil 5 has always been going to HD systems.. I've not heard of one bit of exclusivity regarding Resident Evil 5 ever.

It will be for the 360 and then the PS3.. perhaps ending up on the PC some time later.

That is completely different to Umbrella Corp Chronicles which is Wii exclusive.. solely because it wouldn't work on the 360 or PS3.

I doubt very much so that RE:UCC will ever make it off the Wii, because it's based on the old engine, and I doubt that RE5 will ever make it to the Wii because it's based on the new engine.

Capcom 5 was out of Uguchi's control. their reputation should not be hugely damaged by that one incident.. after all most of the games made it to the Cube and rocked.

July 20, 2005 - Capcom Japan today confirmed what we'd already learned from trusty Famitsu: that Resident Evil 5 (better known as Biohazard 5 in Japan) is in development for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

At this point in time Capcom would be very risky to make it exclusive to either PS3 or 360.. solely because neither system is established as a stronger console market. That is why Resident Evil 5 won't be exclusive.

Also if you consider how poorly the 360 does in Japan.. but how huge Biohazard (RE) does in Japan Capcom would be dicing with their core audience in Japan.

Making it cross platform is best for them at this point in time financially.

Back to Umbrella Corp. Chronicles anyway. How do you think the new pace will affect Resident Evil Wii?

Red Steel was very difficult to pace because it is a more fluid control scheme but didn't want to bore people with too much shooting.

I think it's something that could really make or break the Wii version.. atmosphere is all about a slow pace, but the controller isn't necessarily suited to that kinda exploring hack and slash.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd bump this just for the hell of it, was on a random search around today and stumbled upon some things I didn't know.

I've not read the thread but I'm gonna assume that it's not been posted.

Synopsis

Resident Evil Wii is finally confirmed. It's called Umbrella Chronicles and it's a game that ties up all loose ends throughout the series.

Similar to Outbreak, it's split up in different chapters; you will be able to play as the main Resident Evil protagonists from the main series[From RE Veronica to RE4, prologue to RE5], as well as unlock additional characters.

Gameplay will be in 3rd person similar to RE4, but additionally the game takes advantage of the controller's core features. -Puzzles and shooting will have a new twist to it.

Capcom Dude Says:

Also, previous rumors was made official.

Four chapters will be available, each chapter will have 2 playable characters

Chapter 1 - BH1 Mansion - Jill and Chris

Chapter 2 - BH2 RPD - Claire and Leon

Chapter 3 - BH3 Racoon City - Jill and Carlos

Chapter 4 - BH4 Village - Leon and Ada

Additional characters can be unlocked by playing the game, such as Rebecca Chambers, Hunk and Albert Wesker

The gameplay will be similar to BH4, use the Wiimote to trigger the over-the-shoulder view, use the nunchuk to fire

All characters will have different weapons and melee attacks like in BH4, you can find additional weapons in the stage .

Each character can only carry 2 weapons, such as Chris' pistol and shotgun, and Jill's pistol and grenade launcher

The main game Scenario Mode will have in-game cutscenes, each chapter will have new contents which link to Umbrella's status.

There is an Arcade Mode which plays like the BH4 Mercenaries mini game.

---

The character unlocking stuff? Sounds like a gimmick to me, but the gameplay sounds solid and it should condense the Umbrella Corp. storyline to a close.. interestingly they're gonna use it as a cliffhanger for Resident Evil 5 though. (advert cough)

Anyway, the Wiimote controller will no doubt warrant the purchase.. especially to a new generation of gamers who were too young to play the originals..

Personally I've never played them so I'm gonna pick this up, even though I expect it to be short (chapter format) and less engrossing than the originals.

Thought I'd bump this just for the hell of it, was on a random search around today and stumbled upon some things I didn't know.

I've not read the thread but I'm gonna assume that it's not been posted.

Synopsis

Resident Evil Wii is finally confirmed. It's called Umbrella Chronicles and it's a game that ties up all loose ends throughout the series.

Similar to Outbreak, it's split up in different chapters; you will be able to play as the main Resident Evil protagonists from the main series[From RE Veronica to RE4, prologue to RE5], as well as unlock additional characters.

Gameplay will be in 3rd person similar to RE4, but additionally the game takes advantage of the controller's core features. -Puzzles and shooting will have a new twist to it.

Capcom Dude Says:

Also, previous rumors was made official.

Four chapters will be available, each chapter will have 2 playable characters

Chapter 1 - BH1 Mansion - Jill and Chris

Chapter 2 - BH2 RPD - Claire and Leon

Chapter 3 - BH3 Racoon City - Jill and Carlos

Chapter 4 - BH4 Village - Leon and Ada

Additional characters can be unlocked by playing the game, such as Rebecca Chambers, Hunk and Albert Wesker

The gameplay will be similar to BH4, use the Wiimote to trigger the over-the-shoulder view, use the nunchuk to fire

All characters will have different weapons and melee attacks like in BH4, you can find additional weapons in the stage .

Each character can only carry 2 weapons, such as Chris' pistol and shotgun, and Jill's pistol and grenade launcher

The main game Scenario Mode will have in-game cutscenes, each chapter will have new contents which link to Umbrella's status.

There is an Arcade Mode which plays like the BH4 Mercenaries mini game.

---

The character unlocking stuff? Sounds like a gimmick to me, but the gameplay sounds solid and it should condense the Umbrella Corp. storyline to a close.. interestingly they're gonna use it as a cliffhanger for Resident Evil 5 though. (advert cough)

Anyway, the Wiimote controller will no doubt warrant the purchase.. especially to a new generation of gamers who were too young to play the originals..

Personally I've never played them so I'm gonna pick this up, even though I expect it to be short (chapter format) and less engrossing than the originals.

This is old news Nintendork. :hmm:

In fact all of the last few pages are same news just repost over again.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!