NEurope
Goron_3

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

When is this game coming out? I must have it.

29th February 2007 (US confirmed date). Nothing concrete for europe yet.

I don't think that's a confirmed date at all, sorry. This game is obviously in the very early stages, perhaps barely even started at all yet. Any dates around now will have been placeholder dates, I dont see the game out before the end of next year earliest.

I don't think that's a confirmed date at all, sorry. This game is obviously in the very early stages, perhaps barely even started at all yet. Any dates around now will have been placeholder dates, I dont see the game out before the end of next year earliest.

Europe confirmed for the 31st April :(

I wouldn't surprise me if it's not out till 2008, we haven't even seen the game at all (that 2 second clip doesn't count) so there's no way it'll be out within 6 months.

Says who?

:hmm:

33rd January - Japan

29th February - North America

31st April - Europe

FTW

33rd January - Japan

31st April - Europe

FTW

and where did you get the info - we need proof!

33rd January - Japan

31st April - Europe

FTW

That seems a bit early, are you sure?

33rd January - Japan

31st April - Europe

FTW

RE: UC is a RE5 prologue, or has one in it... So I'd say Capcom is aiming to launch it before RE5 (acting as a teaser) or perhaps; if they get late, at the same time; not after.

So... Q3/Q4 2007 considering RE5 should come out on christmas 2007... on the other side... since it's a system seller... they would want to release it in a good sales period, not a weak/slow sales month... January is when people are out of money after christmas... and February/April just seem like bad choices to me (February, mostly).

On development time... I believe they have the game up and running by now... they have a engine already (RE4 engine) and know the architecture... so that should cut development time in half, they also have the high poly-count 3D models for characters such as: Chris, Jill, Wesker, Hunk, Leon, Ada, Rebbeca Chambers.

Not to mention... they have the RE-Remake mansion Raw Renders, that they seem to be using, they just have to get them to run in realtime.

The worse will be RE2/3 Racoon city depending of the size. Q1 2007 seems early though, but we don't know for how long the game has been in development. since it's "probably" being done by Studio 2... It could be in development since RE: Deadly Silence launch. The game was released back in mid january 2006 in Japan.

Uhm, don't tell me that the three of you didn't notice that those dates are impossible, as in nonexistant :laughing:

Anyway, the title could already be pretty far off if they started back when RE4 was done.

4863bc821573d1sa08970b3b1ad5f16fb_01.gif

Back to the mansion! Bring it on.

Take that you undead zombie horse! :horse:

Rumour Time

Various unconfirmed Resident Evil rumours have surfaced on the 'net detailing some of the game's story aspects suggesting that the Wii version could make a larger impact in the series than previously thought.

According to a rumour surfacing from NeoGAF, New Quiter has posted an interesting synopsis of Umbrella Chronicles - remember that these are rumours:

* The game isn't a side story, but an entry into the main series.

* The story takes place directly after the events of Code Veronica and follows onto Resident Evil 4 (GC/PS2) and leading up to the fifth entry (PS3/Xbox 36).

* 3 main characters, only Jill is confirmed, Wesker is rumored.

* Game system follows a similar scheme to RE4.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/6635/1/Resident_Evil:_Umbrella_Chronicles_Updates

I would love if this were true. I hated the end of Code Veronica after playing R Evil 4. They promised to take the fight to Umbrella but then R Evil 4 arrived and we never got to see that. Also the prospect of playing as Wesker, who IMO is one of the best villians in any game, has me giddy as a school girl.

The new rumour sound abit odd.

What RE4 did about Umbrella was okay but how can people want to fight the Umbrella that lots of HQs around the world.

A rumour from neogaf - sounds a bit fishy imo.

But I could imagine that Capcom makes UC larger than originally planned due to the success of the Wii paired with low development cost.

A rumour from neogaf - sounds a bit fishy imo. But I could imagine that Capcom makes UC larger than originally planned due to the success of the Wii paired with low development cost.

I hope they put as much effort into this as they are with Resi 5.

I hope they put as much effort into this as they are with Resi 5.

Oh I'm sure they will after seeing how much they pushed the Gamecube with Resi 4 I have high hopes for this - personally I can't wait! : peace: