NEurope
Goron_3

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Yeah that makes sense. Killer 7 did also have some cool puzzles. I guess anything can happen.

See if it is more branching like Killer 7 then great, but if its just like Time Crisis, (didn't you get a choice of paths somehow in the later games?) then it really is going to suck....

See if it is more branching like Killer 7 then great, but if its just like Time Crisis, (didn't you get a choice of paths somehow in the later games?) then it really is going to suck....

Never judge game before impressions have come out and/or you have tested it yourself. Arguing about this thing is pretty pointless, as we will see pretty soon how it will pan out. :)

More info from the famistu article

The game will contain stages ie Mansion, Lab, City (the former Biohazard 2 & 3 setting), dormitory (beyond the courtyard, a building surrounded by plants and decayed trees).

The crimson heads are back.

The actions are close/similar to Biohazard 4.

Like the remake, there will be new zombies that have flashing eyes and spur on strong uncanny feeling of aftermatch. :confused:

The Famitsu site will post a interview video with director and producer on the 6th of April.

http://www.famitsu.com/interview/

Password is BIOCRON

One thing I noticed was that the scans depict the player shooting a door down. I found that pretty funny given as the original Resident Evil was so reliant on finding different keys all the time, and I'd always think, "Why can't I just shoot the lock?"

I'm going to predict a Mercenaries-esque time trial mode that will get people hooked.

More info from the famistu article

The game will contain stages ie Mansion, Lab, City (the former Biohazard 2 & 3 setting), dormitory (beyond the courtyard, a building surrounded by plants and decayed trees).

The actions are close/similar to Biohazard 4.

Like the remake, there will be new zombies that have flashing eyes and spur on strong uncanny feeling of aftermatch. :confused:

The Famitsu site will post a interview video with director and producer on the 6th of April.

http://www.famitsu.com/interview/

Password is BIOCRON

Oh hell yeah!!!

They scared the bejesus out of me. :red:

Sniff snifff... Crimsons scared the s*** out of me in REmake

They all seem to have flashing, well, glowing eyes!

And no surprise about the Crimson heads, there's one in the scans!

That's one in the third picture is it not;

rewiiscan3.jpg

Wonder if the flashing eyes zombies are half crimson type zombies ie normal zombies that turn into crimson only for few seconds?

Arent the flashing eyes zombies called.. Crimsons?! *shivers*

You can see a Crimson head in the scans!

Ah yeees! Dunno how I didn't spot that. :D

Ah yeees! Dunno how I didn't spot that. :D

Denial.

Crimsons in a first-person game are especially unsettling, as if they come from behind you won't be able to see them until they're breathing down your neck. I'm expecting there to be an oft-used 180-spin maneuver.

An on rails shooter would suit the Wii controls - the remote aims anywhere on screen, the stick moves the screen. The main problem with Red Steel etc is that the Wiimote has to aim and move the screen at the same time.

Bit of an odd entity this. Looks like this could be a nice n' bloody light-gun style blast, but RE spinoffs have never exactly had the best track record. Looks nice enough at any rate.

As for the puzzle thing, can't say I've ever been overly enamoured with your average Resi puzzle. Going off course briefly for a big punch up with some huge gribly (a la Resi 4) to get the key is fair enough. What I could never stand repeatedly running from one end of the mansion to the other trying to find some arsing whistle to kill a dog who has a key to a chest containing a memo telling me where the statue I need is to get to a chamber with a slippy squares puzzle in it that gives me the last jewel I need to unlock the clock with the music sheets inside so I can play the piano to unlock the door. Or something like that.

I always pitied Umbrella Corp employees, must have taken them at least a couple of hours just to figure out how to get to the bog.

I always pitied Umbrella Corp employees, must have taken them at least a couple of hours just to figure out how to get to the bog.

LOL!!

Is this an on-rails shooter or a proper FPS?? A FPS Resi shooter would be AWESOME!

Sorry for my ignorance...

EDIT: Ok, sorry, I just bothered reading some of the posts...still a Resi FPS would rock!

Arent the flashing eyes zombies called.. Crimsons?! *shivers*

Flashing eyes zombies might be half crimson type zombies ie normal zombies that become crimson fast for few seconds.

Yeah, I though pretty much same. :)

LOL!!

Is this an on-rails shooter or a proper FPS?? A FPS Resi shooter would be AWESOME!

Sorry for my ignorance...

No one knows, but I can't see this being completely on rails!

I think it may be like the bonus missions in Code Veronica for example! They were First Person.

However, one picture shows Chris in Third person doing a Melee attack, so maybe;

- The game is First Person, but melee attacks etc... are shown in 3D (like morph mall and other modes are in Metroid Prime)

- The game is Third Person, but you switch to first person when ever you like for certain types of combat.

Hmm well isn't this interesting news!

Not exactly what I expected but I have a lot of faith in this - the graphics look sweet and Capcom have taken an intersting approach to using the Wiimote - I just hope this game has the legs that Resi 4 had - took me 24 hours playtime to complete it.

Really looking forward to this one :grin:

I can say that my anticipation for this game has dropped somewhat... my comments in the article on the mainpage are of course over-reaction in jest, but I still can't help but think "nooooooo" a little!

I await further info and gameplay for my mind to be made up on this one!

my anticipation for this game has plummeted. I can't stand fps games well at least most of them. It looks like a bit of effort is being put in so who knows

More on gameplay details;

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/778/778247p1.html

First Umbrella Chronicles Details

Survival horror? How about survival shooting?

If you were expecting a full Resident Evil style adventure game in Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles for the Wii, you'd better sit down for this one. The latest issue of Famitsu has a first look at the game following the teaser look provided last September in the build up to the Tokyo Game Show. Surprisingly, Capcom has opted to make a gun shooting game rather than a survival horror adventure.

Umbrella Chronicles takes place from the first person as your characters move through a fully 3D mansion. Using the Wiimote, you take aim at enemies and fire away. You have control over your path only at the occasional branch points in the stages. Everywhere else, you're on a fixed path, although you are free to look around. Doing so is apparently the key to discovering secret items.

Outside of the first person shooting, the game will bring back the command-based event sequences of Resident Evil 4. During these sequences, you'll get to see the main characters directly face off against attacking zombies.

Umbrella Chronicles brings the original Resident Evil hero and heroine back into the spotlight. That's right, Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine play prominent roles this time around. Famitsu hints that they'll be adventuring together, although we're not sure if this means we can expect multiplayer support. The two S.T.A.R.S. members will be joined by some other recognizable characters, including Albert Wesker, Rebecca Chambers and Billy Coen.

The game's storyline looks like it will fit the name "Chronicles." You can expect to be filled in on the details behind everything from RE0 all the way to collapse of the Umbrella Corporation at the start of RE4.

Your first look at Umbrella Chronicles will likely come in late May, as Capcom will be including a trailer for the game with the Wii version of Resident Evil 4. As for the full game, it's currently 25% complete and without a final release date.

Sounds pretty damn awesome to me I love light-gun style games. I'll be picking this one up.

Sounds pretty damn awesome to me I love light-gun style games. I'll be picking this one up.
Yeah I like the sound of it aswell,

Though I would have preferred a third-person adventure!

I also like the fact it has the third person melee attack/QTE events mixed in.

Also, it's more than just a Gun Survivor type Resi game, because it tells many key parts of the story!