NEurope
Goron_3

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

All the scans

51351520070404_043837_0_big.jpg

vlphp040761.jpg

vlphp040640.jpg

Looks like the game is using remake engine and RE4 engine together.

The environments look to me like those in Resi 4, so I'd expect alot more interaction.

Also it would be cool if they add melee moves for each character, like Leon had! From that picture of Chris, it looks like they might have!

I guess because the Zombies in Resi 1 generally move a lot slower than the enemies in Resi 4 and there were only one or two in each corridor, they will have to do something to up the difficulty abit for the first person view (which makes it easier).

They could increase the Zombies speed, make them harder to kill,

or have more onscreen at a time, which looks like it might be the case!

New RE:UC Info

Jill and Chirs in the past where solo guys but now things have changed a little bit.

Although the main characters of the game are the S.T.A.R.S., the leading part of the story falls upon Umbrella. And Wesker is even more a key person in the whole story.

The hardcore fans might have complaints about the game, so the creators intent to offer/provide even more terror & intensity to make up for the hardcore fanbase.

There is parting of ways during the gameplay, but you can't cut your own path freely.

So the player wont have these troublesome puzzles/riddles anymore to stuck with, the only thing that needs is to become a special in shooting

Sounds great! Should be great to see Wesker some more as he is one of the most B.A characters around. Also seeing Billy in that scan makes me a happy chappy, not that im gay just that he was such a cool and under used character in the R Evil series.

I'd like to leave this post empty out of respect for this games' awesomeness.

I'd like to leave this post empty out of respect for this games' awesomeness.

Oh I see.

IGN says the game is set in the REmake but as you can see in the scans is has RE3 Jill and Racoon City with Billy?

Jill and Chirs in the past where solo guys but now things have changed a little bit.

Maybe you have others fighting alongside you at certain points!

Wonder if you can unlock a co-op mode for this at any point?

the creators intent to offer/provide even more terror & intensity to make up for the hardcore fanbase.

the only thing that needs is to become a special in shooting

Looks like this is going to be an awesome intense game if your shooting skills are really called upon, and they up the scare/intensity factor!

This game will be way better than any Gun Survivor, mainly because it tells a key part of the story! and having all the key characters and locations in Wii graphics!

I think it means that RE:UC is fixing the storyline because in RE history it says Chris did the main things and Jill was the one who killed the Tyrant.

Also dont forgot that Capcom is showning of new games on the 12th of Arpil.

Although the main characters of the game are the S.T.A.R.S., the leading part of the story falls upon Umbrella. And Wesker is even more a key person in the whole story.

The hardcore fans might have complaints about the game, so the creators intent to offer/provide even more terror & intensity to make up for the hardcore fanbase.

There is parting of ways during the gameplay, but you can't cut your own path freely.

So the player wont have these troublesome puzzles/riddles anymore to stuck with, the only thing that needs is to become a special in shooting

I've bolded the part of that which I found most interesting, makes it sound like it will only use the wiimote much in the same way as Dragon Quest Swords intends to? Not sure whether I like the sounds of that, does make it seem abit like a gun shooter, like the survivor games, but more story driven...

I've bolded the part of that which I found most interesting, makes it sound like it will only use the wiimote much in the same way as Dragon Quest Swords intends to? Not sure whether I like the sounds of that, does make it seem abit like a gun shooter, like the survivor games, but more story driven...
Could be Killer 7 esque!

Having a killer 7 style gameplay could be very interesting, really looking forward to seeing more of the game in the future ^_^

Wonder if you can unlock a co-op mode for this at any point?

I would kill for a Resident Evil co-op mode on a console!

So is this just a remake of the first RE, but with Resi 4 style gameplay?

Nope the game shows the history of how Umbrella falls.

One image shows the streets of Racoon city.

It Naked Chris. :heh:

Untitled-1.jpg

Nope the game shows the history of how Umbrella falls.

One image shows the streets of Racoon city.

It Naked Chris. :heh:

Untitled-1.jpg

LOL.

Clearly thats how Umbrella got took down. The STARS hired Snake to train them and then stormed the European headquarters with a Metal Gear.

"You have control over your path only at the occasional branch points in the stages. Everywhere else, you're on a fixed path, although you are free to look around." RE:UC suckage confirmed

Unless it's like Killer 7.

"You have control over your path only at the occasional branch points in the stages. Everywhere else, you're on a fixed path, although you are free to look around." RE:UC suckage confirmed

Oh dear. Oh fucking dear.

That's EXACTLY like Killer 7.

Don't see the problem myself...

The main problem is that previous 'fixed' Resident Evils were pretty bad. Killer 7 alright, but this is far from good news.

The main problem is that previous 'fixed' Resident Evils were pretty bad. Killer 7 alright, but this is far from good news.

If I'm reeeeally completely honest...Resident Evil can be quite tedious with the whole running around finding out what the hell to do. I can not tell you how many times I wanted to rip my hair out looking for a specific item. :)

Doesn't bother me that much, means you'll get where the actions is much more hassle free.

sounds like it's basically an on-rail shooter. And thats not very RE at all.

I understand you may find some puzzles tedious.. but removing them altogether ? Some times I find the zoombies quite tedious :P

The scans look pretty good. If those are real-time object it sure is impressive. Im not quite sure what to think of this game. It definitely sound like a gun survivor game, but with a lot more depth to it. It's not quite like RE4 either.

Im open for anything, as long as its about as fun and long as RE4.

sounds like it's basically an on-rail shooter. And thats not very RE at all.

I understand you may find some puzzles tedious.. but removing them altogether ? Some times I find the zoombies quite tedious :P

Oh no, I don't think removing the puzzles all together is a good idea. I like having something to solve, but what I meant was where you have to run from one side of the level to the other to find an item or something. Not specifically a puzzle, as such.

In all seriousness, I don't think the fact that it's on rails will change much. You'll still probably be able to turn back and explore all the other areas, but it just means that the game is restricting your movement, somewhat. I seriously doubt this will be like a light gun game where you just aim at the screen and shot, and that's all you do.

"shoot enemies on screen, character is moved automatically to another area, then shoot some more."

Still, early days and we've hardly got any info, I guess.