NEurope
Goron_3

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Capcom should bring back the now scrapped Resident Evil 4,5 (you know the one in a castle with that foggy hook creature taunting you) to Wii...

ok a bit late but i have to say it

It's refered to as RE: 3.5

as in it was made after 3, was meant to be 4 but never was. 4.5 would suggest it was made after 4 with the intention of being 5.

this all comes from when an early version of RE:2 was scrapped and it became known as 1.5

Resident Evil 5 is exclusive to PS3 and Xbox 360. They might make a Vista version, as it's easy to do off of the 360 build, but a Wii version is unlikely.

RE:UCC is appropriate as that is the name.

3.5 confuses those not familiar with the series.

Also it says there is a prologue to RE5 in there.

Why do you keep calling the game as RE: Umbrella Corp Chronicles its called RE: Umbrella Chronicles. :hmm:

Resident Evil 5 is exclusive to PS3 and Xbox 360. They might make a Vista version, as it's easy to do off of the 360 build, but a Wii version is unlikely.
A PS2 build for RE4 was unlikely too.

Money speaks, and if Wii gets a considerable userbase for capcom to sell that... we *might* get a port, if not... no chance.

A PS2 port of RE4 is in another league from a Wii port of RE5. If the Wii got a port it would be a horrible cut-down shadow of the most likely excellent game on the other consoles. Much better that we get Umbrella Chronicles, a proper RE game made for the Wii in the first place.

Sounds like the ps2 port of RE4 :p

Unless you can prove you develope for these systems you can't say it's in another league. Just lowering the resolution (720p to 480p) would greatly reduce the hardware needed to push it.

I don;t think we'll ever see RE5 on Wii, as the graphics look stunning, and to cut it down for Wii would butcher it. We'll be left with RE:UC which looks like it will be a collection of classic moments from earlier game with added Wii-mote input.

No need to even care, RE5 won't be worth your time or money. But the additional support of one single game would help to shift 1 more Wii console.

No need to even care, RE5 won't be worth your time or money.

Wow Solitanze predicts the future again!

Its your opinion Solitanze, stop saying all these things as if they are facts.

Wow Solitanze predicts the future again!

Its your opinion Solitanze, stop saying all these things as if they are facts.

Ahh don't doubt the mighty Solitanze! He has a time machine.

No need to even care, RE5 won't be worth your time or money. But the additional support of one single game would help to shift 1 more Wii console.

Yedah, I remember people's doubts over RE4. RE5 will be great, and this is the kind of game that shifts systems.

I don;t think we'll ever see RE5 on Wii, as the graphics look stunning, and to cut it down for Wii would butcher it. We'll be left with RE:UC which looks like it will be a collection of classic moments from earlier game with added Wii-mote input.

I would've agreed with you a few weeks back, but with the unveilings of the Red Steel and Splinter Cell graphics it seems to me that the Wii is capable of running games that 'look' next gen.

What I mean to say is that the Wii seems to be able to do most of the stuff the 360 and PS3 do, or at least the 'light' version of it. It has more than enough disc space, reasonably high-quality textures, plenty of shader capacity, decent polygon counts and the Wii is still able to leave enough processing power for AI and so on. Because of sheer lack of power Wii games won't get close to the level of detail the PS3 and 360 show off, but on SD that isn't that much of an issue.

I'd like to see Capcom try to get it working. It'll be hard work, for sure, but I'm quite positive the results will be good. Besides, the controls are begging for it aren't they?

Sounds like the ps2 port of RE4 :p

Unless you can prove you develope for these systems you can't say it's in another league. Just lowering the resolution (720p to 480p) would greatly reduce the hardware needed to push it.

Sorry but while the Gamecube is noticably more powerful than the PS2, it's nothing like the difference between the PS3 and the Wii.

I develop games, but I shouldn't need to say that to make a point that is fairly well known.

I don;t think we'll be seeing many truly multi-platform games this generation. Because of the differences mentioned games like RE5 just won;t come to Wii, instead we'll either get new games, or spin-offs. RE5 would be a joke on the Wii, it'd look like a dogs dinner compared to the 360 or PS3 builds, and thusly very few people would choose this version, in fact only those who owned only a Wii, as people with more than one console would choose the technically superior version.

Resident Evil 5 seems to be set in the Middle East, could be awesome. I'm predicting possibly there's a war going on, and the enemy have used a virus to turn their own soldiers and civilians into zombies, so they kill the "goodies" without remorse.

Why do you keep calling the game as RE: Umbrella Corp Chronicles its called RE: Umbrella Chronicles. :hmm:

The chonicles of an umbrella sounds really shit.

Also the first I heard of it, when the Japanese developper announced it.. he referred to it as Biohazard: Umbrella Corp Chronicles.

That's the Japanese name.. there are lots of reasons why there may be confusion in the press with regard to the Eastern name.

Because the press are really bad at translating.. they could have simply missed out the corp. bit.. it happens all the time in the press.

Umbrella Corp. Chronicles flows a lot better if you ask me, but that's what I'm gonna call it until I see box-art or an official announcement from Capcom Europe/America.

Google Umbrella Corp. Chronicles:

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=umbrella+corp+chronicles&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

I didn't make it up, hundreds of established websites are referring to it as Umbrella Corp. Chronicles.

Its called RE: Umbrella Chronicles if it was called RE: Umbrella Corp Chronicles it would only about Hulk, Nicholai and the Umbrella Special Forces Unit.

Don't argue with God, it is all knowing.

Fact is that many Google results for "Umbrella Corp. Chronicles" (314,000) prooves that A. I didn't make it up and B. that's probably the name.

Besides, how can you know this as fact without quoting sources (as I did)? It's just a working title anyway.

Famitsu scan, highly regarded gaming magazine from Japan which got the exclusive details on this game directly from Capcom Japan.

09-11-06-BioWii_01.jpg

Check mate.

I think the name is now RE: Umbrella Chronicles, have a look over on IGN!

OMG IGN IS GOSPEL. BEST GAMING SOURCE EVER.

Most games coverage with the smallest amount of staff award goes to: what a suprise, IGN.

Oh yeah, how's Katamari Damacy for the DS going? Nice cockup that was IGN.

edit. WHY DO YOU CARE WHAT IT IS CALLED?

Are you just pedants? Or is it merely a funking case of lets have a witch hunt against Nintendork and every mistake he makes.

It's one funking word.

09-11-06-BioWii_01.jpg[/url]

Check mate.

That is not Famitsu scan that is China magazine called GS magazine.

This is Famitsu scan.

51351520060914_042738_0_big.jpg

September 13, 2006 - In this week's Famitsu magazine, the publication revealed in their Wii section some mention about a new Biohazard game, entitled Biohazard: Umbrella Chronicles. Dubbed as an action game headed by Kawada Masachika, the man who was responsible for the PS2 port of Resident Evil 4, the game's story and characters have yet to be revealed, you can probably take a few guesses as to who's going to show up.

OBJECTION!

Looks like that scan's been cropped.. I don't see the area were Corp. should or could be included. (How Phoenix Wright esque)

But your knowledge of Asian gaming magazines impresses, school boy error on my part.. I should have noticed from the characters that it was not Famitsu.