Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Assasin's Creed coming to Wii?!

Stocka

Already posted in another topic, but yeah it's possible. It would be a very, very good game - it's one of the most impressive games for the PS3 so far. It seems a typical Sony move to pay to have Assasin's Creed seem an exclusive game as an addition to the somewhat dissappointing PS3 lineup.

Don't expect a direct port though, that can never happen. It's far more likely Ubi makes an alternate or scaled down version like they're doing with Rayman Raving Rabbids.

Great news if true but games like this I will probably get for my 360.

Yeah I was planning to get it if it came out on 360 aswell as PS3, but with the possibility of it now being on Wii, I'll wait and see. Depends if they're really different or not, as if the Wii version is designed purely for the wiimote it could be fantastic.

I wouldn't honestly be surprised, because in march there was this leaked Ubisoft release list going around net. List was commonly deemed to be fake and even Ubisoft denied authenticy of that list. Interestingly enough, list was made before Ubisoft had announced any of its next generation projects, but the list has shown to be extremely accurate. Here is the list as it was posted to the net:

July 2006: Enchant Arms (Xbox 360) *

November 2006: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 5 (PS3, Xbox 360, Rev, PSP) *

November 2006: Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (PS3) *

November 2006: Rayman 4 (PS3, Xbox 360, Rev, PS2, Handheld) *

November 2006: Blazing Angel 1.5 (PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox)

February 2007: Brothers in Arms 3 (Xbox 360, Rev, PS2, NDS)

February 2007: Brothers in Arms 2: Earned in Blood (PSP)

March 2007: Tom Clancy's Firehawk (PS3, Xbox 360)

March 2007: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 4 (PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox, PS2)

March 2007: Naruto (Xbox 360) *

March 2007: Assassin (PS3, Xbox 360, Rev, PSP) *

Spring 2007: Game 5 (PS3, Xbox 360)

Spring 2007: Ninja Turtles (PS3, Rev, Xbox 360, Handhelds, current gen consoles) *

TBA: Lumines 2 (PS2, PSP) *

TBA: Alive (PS3, Xbox 360)

TBA: Dark Messiah of Might & Magic (PS3, Xbox 360) *

TBA: Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter Mission Pack (PS3, Xbox 360, PSP) *

* Has actually been officially announced and/or released

Even if there is a Wii version of Assassins Creed (which I seriously doubt will happen) its gonna look horrible when compared to the PS3 version. I'll be waiting for a 360 version if there is one.

Part of the reason this game is being labelled as a true next gen title is because of how good the game looks and how what you do will affect a whole lot of other people and dictate the course of events.

I don't think the Wii will be able to handle a project like this.

Guest Stefkov
Even if there is a Wii version of Assassins Creed (which I seriously doubt will happen) its gonna look horrible when compared to the PS3 version. I'll be waiting for a 360 version if there is one.

Part of the reason this game is being labelled as a true next gen title is because of how good the game looks and how what you do will affect a whole lot of other people and dictate the course of events.

I don't think the Wii will be able to handle a project like this.

QFT, when i watched the video for the game it looked immense. The Wii wont be able to handle it, we all know, so ill get it, if it does come, for the 360.

If they do do it for the Wii then unless they started now, then they couldnt really make the controls a lot different.

Also I would have way too many Wii games, Ive only got a few for my 360.

I agree with Babooo and Stefkov, the Wii couldn't handle this unless it was stripped and remade specifically for the Wii (not looking as nice but having diferent control methods)... then it essence it wouldn't be the same game!

looking at games such as Red Steel and Pokemon, that is the satisfactory level of gfx in my eyes, i mean, you can only add more Shaders / Textures / Shadows to make them better, this next gen is a more Shiney approach on gfx which is why i think alot of games are looking taccy recently and when are trying to be realistc, are just not pulling it off

But it did look better on Xbox :P

Doesn't matter. The fact was, it was available on the PS2 and Gamecube as well as the Xbox, when apparantly it couldn't be done.

Same sorta goes for Resident Evil. True, the game does look better on the Gamecube, but the fact that it's available for the PS2 with extras does take a little bit of the special..ness off it. If Assasin's Creed is indeed available for Wii, i hope it does have some sort of exclusive features.

1) Rayman was never an exclusive Wii game

2) Assassins Creed is coming to Wii (100% confirmed) and it's not going to look horrible!

Also there are at least 5 AAA third party games I know that have not been announced. Wait until the end of September - big announcements.

1) Rayman was never an exclusive Wii game

2) Assassins Creed is coming to Wii (100% confirmed) and it's not going to look horrible!

Also there are at least 5 AAA third party games I know that have not been announced. Wait until the end of September - big announcements.

Hope you know what ur talking about, Insider.... I really want all this to be true.

Guest Stefkov

not to be a spoil sport, but we already know to wait until September, we've been told.

If it does come then id still probably get it for the 360, if it does. Unless on the Wii ersion they offer some downloadable content, for free, while the 360 version you have to use points for.