N-Europe

Stand out games of the generation

Drunken_Squirrel

In the very near future i will finally pick up a 360. However before i move on to next gen, i'd like to be finished with this one. My stand out games of this generation that i have were:

PS2

Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3

ICO

Shadow Of The Collosus

GTA Trilogy

X-Box

Oddworld: Strangers Wrath

Ninja Gaiden

Halo 1 & 2

GC

Wind Waker

Metroid

Multi platform

Beyond Good and Evil

Killer 7

The obvious one missing is Half Life 2, but that's next on my list. Can anyone spot anything i really shouldn't have missed and make any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearing in mind that i haven't owned an xbox for a long time, and that i didn't own a PS2, here is my list:

Super Smash Bros.Melee (one of my favourite multiplayer games)

F zero GX (another multiplayer favourite. My mates loved this, as did i)

Metroid Prime

Eternal Darkness

Super Mario Sunshine.

Soul Caliber 2

Cel Damage

Killer7

It's mostly games on the gamecube which have stood out for me. My most enjoyed console by far this generation.

Bearing in mind that i haven't owned an xbox for a long time, and that i didn't own a PS2, here is my list:

Super Smash Bros.Melee (one of my favourite multiplayer games)

F zero GX (another multiplayer favourite. My mates loved this, as did i)

Metroid Prime

Eternal Darkness

Super Mario Sunshine.

Soul Caliber 2

Cel Damage

Killer7

It's mostly games on the gamecube which have stood out for me. My most enjoyed console by far this generation.

Funnily enough Eternal Darkness is the only game i own this generation that i have never completed. Perhaps i should amend that before i move on.

I saw Soul Caliber 2 GC for about £7 in gamestation the other day and had intended to buy it soon so i will do. I have the rest.

Thanks mate.

Funnily enough Eternal Darkness is the only game i own this generation that i have never completed. Perhaps i should amend that before i move on.

I saw Soul Caliber 2 GC for about £7 in gamestation the other day and had intended to buy it soon so i will do. I have the rest.

Thanks mate.

Hehe, no problem. Glad to be of service. ;)

I don't have a Dreamcast so is the first one on P.C?

yep soul reaver 1 and 2 & defiance, all superb games and if you enjoy a game with a epic story line, top nosh voice over and fantastic game play then get it, u can get them cheap like i did £4 - £5 each

Bargain

yep soul reaver 1 and 2 & defiance, all superb games and if you enjoy a game with a epic story line, top nosh voice over and fantastic game play then get it, u can get them cheap like i did £4 - £5 each

Bargain

Story is the most important part for me. Thanks, i'll keep a look out.

Halo 2

Ikaruga

Alien Hominid (Import)

VJ 1&2

Beyond Good & Evil

Smash Bros

Pikmin

Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack

I don't regard myself to be esspecially skilled player, so i have stayed clear of VJ and Ikaruga due to how difficult they are meant to be. Then against Ninja Gaiden Black is meant to be solid and i completed that yesterday alot easier than i expected, so who knows.

Guest Jordan
Half Life 2

I'm currently playing it on my 360 and it's awsome :)

I've heard its alot faster (in terms of frame rate) and has a better draw distance on the 360. :)

I'd suggest you pick up a copy of Psychonauts, although admittedly I've only played a few hours myself — waiting on it to become backwards compatible now.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Despite what people say, I think that the combat's okay, it's just overly long and persistant. But this game is about platforming and that is where it shines. Shame the sequels tried to 'fix' the combat instead of just dropping it. Still, they're worth a shot if you see them cheap. Which you will.

I suggest this with some hesitation, but Galleon is a standout Xbox game for me. It's by no means perfect, but the feeling of running across the expansive scenery at full pelt is akin to flying, and that's worth the £10 you'll shell out for it.

I'm really enjoying Chibi-Robo at the moment, and whilst I'm not entirely sure if it should be on your list, the prospect of it being hard to find in the future might be reason to pick it up.

Speaking of which, if you can, get Skies of Arcadia Legends. More character than Brian Blessed.

Also, get yourself a Dreamcast with Shenmue and its sequel. And Toy Commander. And Jet Set Radio. And Rez — that would be easier to track down on the PS2, I imagine.

(I think it's best if I stop with the Dreamcast games for now...)

I don't regard myself to be esspecially skilled player, so i have stayed clear of VJ...

argh! dont let how difficult VJ is meant to be put you off! your missing out on a truly awesome game right there, plus its like £4 now or something.

also, you should check out Pikmin, SSBM, Jet Set Radio, or Jet Set Radio Future and perhaps even Crazy Taxi for short bursts of fun. Shenmue too.

I'd suggest you pick up a copy of Psychonauts, although admittedly I've only played a few hours myself — waiting on it to become backwards compatible now.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Despite what people say, I think that the combat's okay, it's just overly long and persistant. But this game is about platforming and that is where it shines. Shame the sequels tried to 'fix' the combat instead of just dropping it. Still, they're worth a shot if you see them cheap. Which you will.

I suggest this with some hesitation, but Galleon is a standout Xbox game for me. It's by no means perfect, but the feeling of running across the expansive scenery at full pelt is akin to flying, and that's worth the £10 you'll shell out for it.

I'm really enjoying Chibi-Robo at the moment, and whilst I'm not entirely sure if it should be on your list, the prospect of it being hard to find in the future might be reason to pick it up.

Speaking of which, if you can, get Skies of Arcadia Legends. More character than Brian Blessed.

Also, get yourself a Dreamcast with Shenmue and its sequel. And Toy Commander. And Jet Set Radio. And Rez — that would be easier to track down on the PS2, I imagine.

(I think it's best if I stop with the Dreamcast games for now...)

I've got the 3 POP's. I think you're right in saying the first one should be on my list.

Jet Set Radio neve really interested me, and i've looked out for Rez but never seen it anywhere. Skies of Arcadia falls into the excess ammount numbers category for me.

Shenmue is something i've always regretted missing out on, but never been to keen on buying a whole new console just for that. I haven't got a enough room for it right now. The two games in my X-Box collection i'm waiting on becoming backward compatible are Oddworld: SW, and Conker. If that happens then i can get rid of my x box so i'll have a bit of space then.