NEurope
Cube

GameCube: invincible?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQRcjvDqU6M

Apologies if its been shown before.

Its a show called X-play testing how well GameCube, X-Box and PS2's survive different "tests":

- Having a heavy weight dropped on them

- Biegn hit with a hammer

- Dropped down a 1 storey drop.

Shows how well Nintendo's consoles are built to last. Iknow from experiance, as my Cube was in my step dad's car's boot when it got rear-ended. It took 5 months for the car to be repaired. (which wasnt a problem, as it was a company car. And a month after he got it back, the car was 3 years old so he got a new one).

And yes, the Cube's box was damaged in the crash.

Christ above, the Cube survived a weight dropped on it, a sledge hammer and a one story drop! And it still worked!

That xbox is a fat heavy thing, it hardly moved after getting hit (not that hard though) with that sledgehammer. After the last test, the gamecube cover broke (the logo appeared immediately) so you wouldn't have been able to load the game.

im on dial up... so i will assume that its the movie where a magnet is run across the systems, f*cking up the ps2 in the first trial...

seen it before, and im sure that i could break my gamecube with a hefty kick.

Oh those poor consoles, i would have have though the GC would have smashed to pieces on the drop, but it was the Xbox (which i thought would be made of stronger stuff) that fell apart (slightly).

Not surprised the PS2 didn't survive test 1, i swear Sony design those things to break easy so people have to buy another, thereby "improving" their "sales" figures

As far as i know, the toughest console/handheld ever is the brick gameboy.

A bomb once hit one during a war, sent back to Nintendo and it still worked.

Not surprised. Have you seen the size of one of those babies? Calling it a brick is an understatement. It's nothing short of a tank. :p

Yet at the time it was considered poketsize...espcially comapared to the mini tv set that was the Game Gear

What about the video where they drag the gamecube out the back of a pickup truck for a long time on a long rope? Going fast? That one is good aswell :D

Funny watching videos like these,poor cubes though,imagine how abused they felt :(

lol good vidoes, i just realized how often a ps2 does break. im thinking back all of my mates have said (that own a ps2) have told me, my ps2 stopped working i got to get the new slim one now. never heard them say that once about their xbox or thier gamecube.

Next time i´m bored with a sledgehammer i´ll know what to do

Yeah... that Cube probably doesn't work - its not loading up a game is it. My Cube is broken as well but I'm not quite sure what to do with it...

Here's one from Spain where the GC is in pieces afterwards and still works...well it turns on, don't know if games are playable, they didn't check that, but even turning on after the damage it took is amazing.

If there is one thing you wouldn't mind Sony "steeling" from Nintendo, is the ability to make a console that doesn't break so easy

A photo of that was posted on here once.

As was this video.

I hope the woman tries to blow it up, and gets blown up

Yeah that's the Game Boy at Nintendo World New York (I've seen it in the flesh, who wants to touch me :))

You know that Nintendo test the durability of all their products by dropping them off the top of their JPN HQ! (100% true, I'm not making this up!)

Nintendo probably have the highest standards of quality out of any company out there, remember Nintendo's Management Policy briefing?

"We could have made a lot more DS Lite if we had had compromised on the quality level, but we have never wanted to do so. We do not want to compromise on the quality level of our commodities. Because we wanted to market only the commodities that we could be satisfied with, the initial shipments were limited"

You'd never see any other company out there (Not just in the video game industry) that would choose to suffer great shortages and lose a massive amount of sales just so they can maintain their high (And Nintendo have extremely high standards compared to most other companies) standards of quality. And even if something goes wrong, Nintendo are known for their brilliant customer service and are willing to replace your system for free, even if it's as minor a thing as 1 dead pixel; they even pay for your shipping!

Nintendo truly care for their customers, unlike a certain other (Our broken X button is art and you should be thanking us for it) company!

Yeah, I just saw that Gulf War Gameboy a few weeks ago on engadget for the DS Lite launch party, here:-

http://www.engadget.com/2006/06/11/nintendos-ds-lite-launch-party-in-new-york/

Here a pic:-

Also, here is a video of another smashed Gamecube - a guy switches his brothers Gamecube for a broken one, and then smashes it in front of him for revenge to something he did to him. Its a little mean, but still the kids reaction is priceless:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=VMgQLw1rUWM