NEurope
phez_boy

Definitive Wii speculation/rumour thread

I don't think the Wii will be region free. It's not a big thing that the DS because all the gameboys were. She also skillfully avoids answering the region free part of the question entirely. I think from the way she's worded it that it's looking like a no.

*RUMOR* Ready to Rumble gets back in the ring?

ready2rumble_logo.jpg

I remember playing Ready to Rumble on my Dreamcast, and thinking that graphics were mind-bending. I also remember thinking that the game was…meh. The series kind of disappeared after the 2nd entry…or so we thought.

Rumor is that Ready to Rumble Round 3 is in the works exclusively for the Wii. The game is in development by a “larger American developerâ€, and we should be hearing news on it very soon. Obviously, you would be using both of your hands as virtual fists in the game, pummeling the hell out of your on screen opponent.

Perhaps this is one of those new games rumored to pop up at LGC?

Rumour**

Wii to be released tomorow!!!!!

Source : my ass.

sorry. I had the urge.

I'd like a boxing game for the Wii, if hey did the controls how we all wish for then great, but if not, then meh.

New Rumors on the net to day, Tech, Release, Games

"As many of you know there is a Wii press conference at the Leipzig Games Convention in Germany. Many details will be revealed including launch details, new games and finalized specs. A lot has been leaked in a piece of text. Here are the key notes:

SPECS-

Broadway CPU clocked at 1.2ghz

Hollywood GPU clocked at 450mhz

The following interfaces are included with the Wii; SD card slot, Wireless controller, two USB 2.0 ports, wireless LAN, 4x GC controller ports, 2x GC memory card slots and an AV multi output jack. RevolutionSDK used by developers to make Wii games.

LAUNCH-

Worldwide launch on Saturday 14th October 2006.

PRICING-

Japan - 21,000 yen

US- $235.00

UK- £149.99 GBP

EU- E200.00

2 bundles available including a Wii Sports bundle with two controllers and nunchuks, a copy of wii sports and 5 free Virtual Console downloads. Price is unknown. Regular bundle includes console, controller, analog attachment and cables. Available in two colours. White and Black.

GAMES- 30 at launch, 500 VC games at launch. Sega Saturn games added to library. Will be compressed down in size. Most games to be Wii Connect compatible.

More to be revealed at the conference. Stay Tuned. "

Source: Unknown

"As many of you know there is a Wii press conference at the Leipzig Games Convention in Germany. Many details will be revealed including launch details, new games and finalized specs. A lot has been leaked in a piece of text. Here are the key notes:

SPECS-

The following interfaces are included with the Wii; SD card slot, Wireless controller, two USB 2.0 ports, wireless LAN, 4x GC controller ports, 2x GC memory card slots and an AV multi output jack. RevolutionSDK used by developers to make Wii games.

LAUNCH-

PRICING-

Japan - 21,000 yen

US- $235.00

UK- £149.99 GBP

EU- E200.00

2 bundles available including a Wii Sports bundle with two controllers and nunchuks, a copy of wii sports and 5 free Virtual Console downloads. Price is unknown. Regular bundle includes console, controller, analog attachment and cables. Available in two colours. White and Black.

GAMES- 30 at launch, 500 VC games at launch. Sega Saturn games added to library. Will be compressed down in size. Most games to be Wii Connect compatible.

Interesting but the release date im not sure about.

SPECS-

LAUNCH-

PRICING-

Japan - 21,000 yen

US- $235.00

UK- £149.99 GBP

EU- E200.00

Ok, the source is unknown, but were did you personally see this?

Also, an SDK included? I severely doubt it, but it would be a nice extra.

AND,, Sega saturn games? They've never been able to emulate one properly before due to the dual core, so I doubt that too.

That looks pretty real, but anyone can guess stuff like that. I would be happy with that price. If that's true I'll get the package with WiiSports and the 2 controllers.

Sega Saturn would be good but worldwide all in one day,I doubt it.

If anyone can do it, its Nintendo.....:)

Prices seem about right, and I like the 2 SDK's. Im a bit unsure about the date though.

Just found this :

Apparently Virgin Megastores in Eu and some other stores are getting a Wii Countdown clock installed,whether it will be turned on tomorrow or when Nintendo release the date is not know as of yet.

c89ff38914127c76d1447ac4dc0e3a40.jpg

Back from holidays :D

So is...tomorow? I was expecting something more than just a few clocks, but that is already cool... :)

Man, if all that's true i will be well happy.

i doubt that they will be activated straight away. nintendo wont let the release date out until they want to be heard.... wait for leipzig! only a little over a week now.

and i just wanna note on the 'release in a day thing'...

although this sounds stupid. which it is. very. it would also mean that australia would get a jump on the rest of the world! (AEST +10hrs)

and that is not going to happen. i swear, we must pay other countries to be behind in technology and be all charming and the like

500 VC games at launch.

thats a bit of a stretch, im expecting less then 100 at launch with more every month or so other wise the brand new vc games will just get lost.

it would also mean that australia would get a jump on the rest of the world! (AEST +10hrs) and that is not going to happen.

YES IT WILL SUFFER!!!

i swear, we must pay other countries to be behind in technology and be all charming and the like

STFU biggoted pommy c^%&t.

YES IT WILL SUFFER!!!

STFU biggoted pommy c^%&t.

lol, dude, i am australian! lived here all of my life! and i enjoy being able to experience the weekend before other countries in the world!

im just a bit cynical when it comes to 'nintendo and australia', because, to be honest, it has never been the best thing.

(good to see you posting again small tac! hadnt seen you about in quite a while!)