NEurope
Stocka

Wii to Launch on November 6th in US

Yet Wii launch has Zelda & Metroid. Beats the 360 & ps3 launch by some way i think.

Nov 6th is a Monday?

Here games stuff comes out on Fridays, i thought it was Fridays in the US also?

I really hope it comes out on November 6th in the UK because that's my birthday!

:yay: Wii for my b'day!:yay:

Yet Wii launch has Zelda & Metroid. Beats the 360 & ps3 launch by some way i think.

Zelda would suffice.

A console with a Zelda as a launch title (especially one looking as promising as TP) instantly makes it the best launch ever :yay:

Well for me anyway :heh:

Nov 6th is a Monday?

Here games stuff comes out on Fridays, i thought it was Fridays in the US also?

Nope it's monday/tuesday usually over there.

A console with a Zelda as a launch title (especially one looking as promising as TP) instantly makes it the best launch ever :yay:

Well for me anyway :heh:

QFT

This has major draw backs for me though as ever other game in the launch window will not get a look in :heh:

Well I think I'm going to just get Twilight Princess with my Wii at launch, and then 2/3 others for xmas :smile:

As tempting as it is to get more at launch I am going to try and do this!

It would certainly make sense to do that as Zelda will be the only thing I play but I know for a fact I will end up picking just about all the Nintendo titles up. Im just too weak to resist the temptation of Nintendo.

Well I think I'm going to just get Twilight Princess with my Wii at launch, and then 2/3 others for xmas :smile:

As tempting as it is to get more at launch I am going to try and do this!

Good luck ,with those launch games I wouldn't be able to last for very long.

BLAGGHHH shaddup i'm not going to decide yet :heh:

Join us Stocka...ONE OF US...ONE OF US...ONE OF US....

I doubt that release date, unless they plan on sending a large amount of units here to make up for pre-ordered and of the shelf purchase. It has to be released at the latest 3rd week of October.:hmm:

Sounds pretty decent to me, although anyone can mention a October/November release date and he/she'll get away with it. Cubed3 is pretty reliable though, so there's a good chance this is true.

If they release it on the same day as the ps3, im getting a bat, some nitnendo fanboys and going to the releases at midnight, to riot with the sony fanboys

when ever it launchs it going to be one hell of line up theres no doubt it, (that is if zelda and metroid are still there), and theres nothing worng with 6th nov

any1 gonna import if the release is really far apart from US - EU?

wonder if the Wii can play region free

If they release it on the same day as the ps3, im getting a bat, some nitnendo fanboys and going to the releases at midnight, to riot with the sony fanboys

There's no point, it'll just be all the rich fanboys who can't put up a fight and all the adults will most likely be foaming at the mouth to not notice anything else around them.

Although i wouldn't mind kicking the arses of Nintendo fanboys that give us a bad name...

hmmmm i dunno if its confirmed to be region free and the US are getting it months ahead of EU (which I dont think will happen...) I would consider mporting.

DS is region free isnt it? So I presume the Wii would be too.

So I presume the Wii would be too.
I doubt it. The DS doesn't have anything to do with different TV standards and DVD regions while the Wii does. Handhelds never were region locked, but consoles always were.

Hmmm...

I really hope that the US and EU releases won't be far apart - ideally (near)simultaneous.

But I suppose I would definitely import if there was a two month wait. I hate paying customs fees but I would bear the pain just to be able to play Zelda.

It would be devastating for Ninty to release the Wii after the PS3.....thats a complete no no for me. Even if they released it a couple of weeks before the launch of PS3, they're gonna have a tough time competing with the might of Sony. And I don't care if Ninty don't see themselves in competition with the 360 and PS3, cos just about everyone else on this planet does, including you and me.

This may seem harsh but I only want the Wii to be as successful as it can be. And in order for this to happen, they need to get a headstart on the PS3, cos as soon as the PS3 is released, its gonna be making all the headlines, whether for the right reasons or the wrong reasons. But you can bet your life that every casual gamer will be itching to get his hands on the system, its just the brand name, "playstation" 3. Its gonna sell like hotcakes.

And if nintendo sell too close to that period, where the PS3 build up is just full of hype, with everyone going on about it, then the Wii aint got no chance.

It would be devastating for Ninty to release the Wii after the PS3.....thats a complete no no for me. Even if they released it a couple of weeks before the launch of PS3, they're gonna have a tough time competing with the might of Sony. And I don't care if Ninty don't see themselves in competition with the 360 and PS3, cos just about everyone else on this planet does, including you and me.

This may seem harsh but I only want the Wii to be as successful as it can be. And in order for this to happen, they need to get a headstart on the PS3, cos as soon as the PS3 is released, its gonna be making all the headlines, whether for the right reasons or the wrong reasons. But you can bet your life that every casual gamer will be itching to get his hands on the system, its just the brand name, "playstation" 3. Its gonna sell like hotcakes.

And if nintendo sell too close to that period, where the PS3 build up is just full of hype, with everyone going on about it, then the Wii aint got no chance.

I agree, but with all these rumours of a early November release for US it seems that a October launch is now out of the question.

Perhaps Europe will see the Wii end of November beginning of December? Can't say i agree with that! I think Nintendo need to give us a date and price soon however.

IMO, they really should have given a release date, price and all the info on the Wii's different packages at E3.

Personally, I'm still hoping for an early release like October (even though its probably not gonna happen). Realistically, it'll probably release sometime in November, which aint good news at all.....:nono: