N-Europe

Sony's Harrison recommends the Wii

skarmachild

I think Peter Moore is exactly right. I think Nintendo will be the second system consumers purchase after PlayStation 3."

"I haven't had a chance to check out the Wii myself, but Nintendo has a great history of innovation and has always done great things for gaming and long may they do so. But as it relates to our strategy they are very much in a different market.

Im not sure why he thinks Moore said that but okay.

In short: Whatever you get, get a Wii too.

Sony obviously saw the message that peter moore gave out "dont buy a PS3, Buy a Wii and 360 for the price of one PS3" and Sony generally just gave out a shittier version of what MS said for the fact that what peter moore said made sense in terms of price comparisons "Wii and 360 for the price of 1 PS3"

sonys press conference was SADDDDDDDDDDDD ........ sadness should be on ps3 not wii (it shouldnt really .. i just wanted to say that cus im a moron)..

microsoft , in my opinion de-throned sony at its own game ....

i see the market shares for the next gen consoles like this -

wii= 45%

360= 30%

p$3= 25%

Sony obviously saw the message that peter moore gave out "dont buy a PS3, Buy a Wii and 360 for the price of one PS3" and Sony generally just gave out a shittier version of what MS said for the fact that what peter moore said made sense in terms of price comparisons "Wii and 360 for the price of 1 PS3"

So they basicly stole what MS said, and said it as their own words. Hmm:hmm: sounds like $ony to me.

Wow. I would never have thought they would say that.

But, as everyone else said, it makes less sense than Microsoft's. The point of Moore's statement was to illustrate how ridiculously overpriced PS3 was.

Nintendo's PR dept must be laughing! Imagine if they took Sony and Microsoft at their words and printed huge movie-style posters:

A picture of the Wii, with two short quotes from MS and Sony bigging-up the Wii. (Maybe with a "Beware of expensive imitations" tagline too)

MS and Sony have just both realized how delicious Wii is, so they're trying to be nice to Nintendo! BwahAhAHaHa I SAY!!! I prefer 360 at this point however... i could get a Wii and 360 for ONE ps3! Yay, Nintendo rocks my socks off!

Looky my new sig!!! BwaHAhAha, ahhhh i'm so bored....

Hopefully, they'll see some point putting some games on the Wii then. (to spark interest in games on their own consoles)..

I can almost see Microsoft saying: "Rare, make some crazy Wii game"

Nintendo must be laughing themselves stupid at the moment! This is only good news for the Big N!

Only thing i'll say is that people WILL NOT buy botha ps3 and a Wii. How can they? It would cost over €1000 including games etc. If Sony fans (not fanboys) see a Sony exec praising the Wii, I can see them buying a Wii over a PS3 cause of the sheer expense of the PS3.

(Look at this! Just discovered a typo!!

Look what happens if you mistype PS3........PS£!!!!! Hee hee!!!)

Nintendo must be laughing themselves stupid at the moment! This is only good news for the Big N!

They must, great free advertising, their competitors are telling people to buy their console, it even fits into nintnedo strtergie, were they said, that there console makes a great second consoles. All this equals more sales.

They must, great free advertising, their competitors are telling people to buy their console, it even fits into nintnedo strtergie, were they said, that there console makes a great second consoles. All this equals more sales.

Only thing is, Nintendo dont see Sony or MS as their competitors. The person that buys a ps3 or 360 is still Nintendo's terget audience, because everyone is their target audience.

You could almost compare it to the person who walks into a tech store and buys a 300 Watt Stereo - he's still going to want to have a TV isnt he? The TV manufacturers and the Stereo manufacturers are going after the same person but for a different reason. This is exactly what Nintendo are doing.

And the couple of days since the E3 press conferences have shown that Nintendo seem to have their strategy down to a fine art.

Nintendo aren't directly competing with MS and Sony, but they are going to sell a hell of a lot of video games consoles!:yay:

Well I'll be damned! Sony stealing a MS quote now?

What else is there to steal? (In fact, I take that back...)

What would you rather do? Spend $600 on an Xbox 360 and a Wii, or spend $800 on a PS£ and a Wii?

I say this coming generation will split even between Nintendo and MS (about 40% each) and leave the PS£ in misserable last place where it deserves, with about 20%.

Well put both of their statements together, what is the common fact?

Its buy the wii!

So in both of their views combined, wii gets 2 votes, ps3 and xbox 360 get one. Who's the console every ones excited for? Even the creators? (Although it may just be the obvious 'screw your rival' strategy)