NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
jayseven

Replier Impotance!

So I'm totally struggling to reply to any topics. I opened about six just now and could easily reply to them (any music one and the mulholland drive one), I type out half a reply then think about what I've written and just hit 'back' on my browser.

So I decided to make a thread about it instead. Does this actually happen to anyone much at all? I know it never used to happen to me. Maybe I'm getting old. *watches as his thread goes down in muted flames*

Can't say it happens to me alot. I tend to read a few posts in a thread and by then I know if I want to make a post or not.

Please reply to the Mulholland Dr. thread! I order thee!

Happens to me sometimes, but when it happens its mostly because I'm trying to make myself reply to the topic.

Have it all the time. I think it's because you give yourself feedback and realise the reply is crap or meaningless anyway.

It used to happen to me loads (hence my post count of 500 after 3 years), but its not as bad now.

I don't reply to a lot, though I try to. I'll type half the message like you but then realise I'm not saying anything different so there's no point. Like that Albert Einstein post, all I'd say is 'oh thats cool' or something... not much point in posting that.

Usually I'll post if I want to get my opinion across on something.

Yeah the exact same thing seems to happen to me alot. I'll read a thread and think I have something to say so I write a reply then don't bother posting it.

Same here , happens all to frequently. Start posting then either start thinking about or just get ...............

Happens to me all the time, hence why you don't see a good lot of my posts as I dont bother posting them after I sit and type it all out. Thank God for the back button :p

This happens to me with practically every single thread I open. I have problems when it comes to replying to threads where I have nothing short of an obsession with the subject in question. It's come to the point now where I rarely post.

Even replying to this thread was a struggle.

Have it all the time. I think it's because you give yourself feedback and realise the reply is crap or meaningless anyway.

pretty much. I also find sometimes I want to type about something, more than actually reply and take part in a wider discussion.

so I just type it out, and instead clicking reply stop and think "will anyone want to reading this?"

and "would I be interested in anyone else's views/replies on what I have typed?"

if the answer to both those questions is no I 99 times out of a hundred just click the back button.

sometimes its easier to click reply though.

It's starting to happen to me a lot too now. Started with the last couple of weeks of CE. I start typing out a reply, then forget what I'm wanting to say and just ramble on about anything, then I just hit back. Even if I do have a reply I just can't put it into words.... Writer's block...

Yeah, do it all the time, recently more of my posts have been aborted than posted.

I'm even thinking about doing it to this.

Yeah happens to me too, more often since we have moved to the new forum.

And often all the points I want to make were already stated by someone else, so there's no need for me to post.

I only usually do it when I'm about to make points I can't be bothered to really argue and thus would end up annoying myself and others. I've had to come back to this thread to post a reply about eight times already, what with all this chickening out and such.

Is that why theres a sudden lack of posts in general chit chat :sad:

i thought i was strange doin that! thank god im normal! teheheh

It seems a non-posting parasite has gripped us all in a struggle to squeeze the life out of these boards.

I for one won't take it!

Now... is it worth posting this...? :heh:

It could just be the lack of interesting topics.

Anything involving football, wrestling or most popular TV turns me straight off.

We must all rise against it and stop teh evil number and religion threads..

Number threads- YAY!! \0/

Religion threads- BOO!! :angry:

Sign in to follow this