N-Europe

Wii Price?

DiemetriX

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be getting a 360 too when the Premium pack hits the 200 mark. The PS3 won't be a reasonable price for ages after its release, and I doubt there'll be any games I'd want for it at first anyway.

I'm looking forward to Wii the most by far though. If the Wii is a reasonable enough price at launch, I'll pre order one. :)

That'll have to be one hell of a price drop then.

I'd pay more for a PS3 than Wii considering it's far more powerful, will have more games, etc..

Are these new Wii specs right?

http://www.gamehope.com/news.articles/13055.html

Apparently it says that it has:

CPU: PowerPC 750GX clocked at 1.1 Ghz with 1MB Cache

GPU: derived from ATI R520 (Currently equipping Radeon X1800 PC Graphic Cards)

Dont know what to make of this. But 1.1 GHZ seems like a decent increase for the console. After all, why not? A little extra boost wouldnt hurt.

Seeing as Nintendo used an after-hours press conference for the annoucement of the Smash Bros title , I wonder if there is a possibility of them doing a similar after-hours event with launch date and price before the end of E3.

Just a possibility and not something I will pin my hopes on.

Seeing as Nintendo used an after-hours press conference for the annoucement of the Smash Bros title , I wonder if there is a possibility of them doing a similar after-hours event with launch date and price before the end of E3.

Just a possibility and not something I will pin my hopes on.

possible - but dont hold your breath!

Guest Stefkov

im gettinog a wii at launch. dont care how much it is really. under £250 is good enough. ill just have to save more then. i might only get a couple of games at luanch. i mean they arent going anywhere, so im gonna get a few then, when ive finshed them get more. ill get red steel and some otheres for sure.

I wish nintendo dont fu*ck us up like microsoft done with the 360! I'd friggin die if find out i'll be getting my Wii Jan07 like i did with my 360 which was Jan06, but I end up getting it december 22!:D

I rang up Gamestation just a few minutes ago and they took my name and number and said they will let me know when the Wii will come out, how much is the deposit and how many they will be getting! :yay:

Are these new Wii specs right?

http://www.gamehope.com/news.articles/13055.html

Apparently it says that it has:

CPU: PowerPC 750GX clocked at 1.1 Ghz with 1MB Cache

GPU: derived from ATI R520 (Currently equipping Radeon X1800 PC Graphic Cards)

Dont know what to make of this. But 1.1 GHZ seems like a decent increase for the console. After all, why not? A little extra boost wouldnt hurt.

This is probably a good graphics/price ratio. They're using a hugely upgraded Cube CPU (outperforming the 360 core easily on single thread) and a brand new graphics chip that really is helping the graphics seeing Mario Galaxy and Smash Brawl for example. In other words, it should be able to launch at €200 and make the graphics look genuinely next gen.

This is probably a good graphics/price ratio. They're using a hugely upgraded Cube CPU (outperforming the 360 core easily on single thread) and a brand new graphics chip that really is helping the graphics seeing Mario Galaxy and Smash Brawl for example. In other words, it should be able to launch at €200 and make the graphics look genuinely next gen.

You've changed your tune! I hear Nintendo can do that to people.

Just don't expect all the 1st generation games to show this, I am impresseed with the graphics of the Wii but as we all know the graphics are not the main focus of the Wii.

After I read this topic in school, I actually read a magazine (U.S. News). They actually had an article in there about E3. Only a paragraph was about Nintendo, but it did manage to say that the price will be $250. I hope they're right. Better yet, I hope they're wrong and its cheaper.