Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Trauma Center: Second Opinion

Stocka

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atlus has confirmed with The Wiire this afternoon that their surgeon simulation game Trauma Center: Second Opinion is "planned for launch" with Nintendo's next-generation console, Wii.

Though the game was not playable on the show floor at this year's E3, more information will be made available in an interview with Atlus soon to be published.

Awesome title to have at launch to add to the variety of titles.

• 2 months later...

Bad news for DS players.

July 26, 2006 - Atlus may have given the honors to its American division to reveal its Wii-based sequel to Trauma Center, but it's only now that we're getting full details on the game. The latest issue of Famitsu has Trauma Center: Second Opinion as its big scoop for the week.

Titled Caduceus Neo in Japan, Second Opinion takes place in the near future and puts players in the role of Kousuke Tsukimori. Things kick off in 2018 as mankind feels the wrath of a mysterious incurable disease called Guilth. The Caduceus organization, which works in the shadows and attempts to eliminate all disease, will of course not stand for this. Tsukimori, a rookie doctor, comes into contact one day with a patient infected with Guilth. It turns out that Tsukimori is the doctor who will lead humanity to a new future.

Trauma Center: Second Opinion is actually a remake of the original rather than a full-blown sequel. To the scenarios of the original, the game adds a new scenario at the end and new characters here and there.

Atlus has made some big changes to Trauma Center with the Wii version. The game has updated character designs, with characters looking more adult than their DS counterparts. The game is also voiced, with famous Japanese voice actors providing the voices for the main characters in the Japanese version.

In terms of gameplay, the title's surgery system is now meant to play more like an action game. Listening to the advice of your nurse, you use the Wii remote to perform precision surgical cuts directly, with the nunchuck used in a few areas as well. This mode of play now has easy, normal and hard difficulty settings. You can also look forward to new types of surgery, including broken bones and heart transplants.

Trauma Center: Second Opinion is being directed by Kanada Daisuke and produced by Hashino Katsura, both of whom long-time Atlus fans should recognize. A Japanese release is set for 2006.

Guest Stefkov

I just read that not long ago, I've yet to play the ds version, and that is what i need to ask, is it worth going out of my way, paying off my TV, to buy this game? Ive been wanting it for ages, but i can hold out on it.

if its anythinglike Phoennix wright, then i'll need it, but can anyone tell me if its worth spending £25 on, ( I know i missed it for £15 in that GAMe deal)

http://www.cubed3.com/news/5613

Recent rumours that have done the Internet rounds have suggested that Trauma Center for Wii would be a direct port of the DS original, with tacked on features. However, developer Atlus has stepped in with official confirmation of something a Wii bit different.

In an email to gaming blog, GoNintendo, the company released the following statement:

First off, Trauma Center: Second Opinion is definitely a launch title for the Wii in North America. That news right there should make a lot of fans happy.

Now for those nasty "straight port" rumors. Trauma Center: Second Opinion, while it stems from the DS version, will feature a massive amount of new goodies. Another playable character, new surgical tools and situations, obviously new graphics, and of course, full Wiimote utilization.

TC:SO is sure to use the Wiimote to it's fullest extent.

On top of all that, there are more details about the game that haven't been released to the public as of right now. Finally, the game will be chock full of voiceover work, instead of just the "Doctor!" and other short audio clips you heard in Under the Knife.

Good to know it's not really a port!

Meh that sucks, but it will probably rock anyway.

EDIT: Actually, not only is it old, but also incomplete:

This time around, the stylus is replaced by the Wii Remote which’ll be used as the various operation tools: scalpel, antidote, bandage, laser, etc. New to the Wii version is the defibrillator paddle. You’ll have to perform a “pushing” action towards the screen with the Wii controllers as if you’re shocking the chest of a patient who flatlines.

Next comes the story. One thing to note is that the game is a sort of remix of the DS version. Second Opinion’s story is split into two somewhat parallel stories. On one side, you play as Derek Stiles (with his partner Angie) following the same path found on the DS version, while on the other, you play as his rival, a new character that’ll follow a much darker story. Each doctor will have their own storyline until the later stages of the game where they will combine their forces.

It's not just a new character it's a paralel storyline.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!