N-Europe

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Sarka

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if that will be the Wii-mote on it's side like the VC games, or if it'll be the Wii-mote as pointer?

I'd say Fire Emblem is a no brainer for the pointer really. In fact, I'm very surprised there's classic setup in it.

Basically, FE needs two buttons, A and B, and the pointer could do the rest. The D-Pad could be used for finetuning selections, but I doubt it would be necessary.

I'd say Fire Emblem is a no brainer for the pointer really. In fact, I'm very surprised there's classic setup in it.

Basically, FE needs two buttons, A and B, and the pointer could do the rest. The D-Pad could be used for finetuning selections, but I doubt it would be necessary.

Using a GC controller could be quicker to use, as you would be just pressing a button instead of aiming at part of the screen and pressing A, and would save on battery life.

Using a GC controller could be quicker to use, as you would be just pressing a button instead of aiming at part of the screen and pressing A, and would save on battery life.

They don't use gamepads in PC turn-based strategy, they use a mouse. The pointer does as well as a mouse, though nobody has mastered it as well as a mouse. Also, seeing the simplicity of the FE controls, they don't really need a VC setup, they could've just used the D-pad and A/B on the Wiimote without pointing functionality. So I'm quite surprised that Nintendo puts in classic controls. Seems so conservative and unnecessary to me.

Why FE would need nunchuk at all? I mean, FE needs precisely three buttons; one action button, one cancel button and one to access menus. Pointer can be used to select units on the screen and show place where unit should move.

Wiimote=pointer + a for select, and then to scroll through selections and stuff you could use the control stick. Would be comfortable. I'll be happy with just the wiimote though, I think it should just have the pointing option, this is the Wii afterall and it's not like FE needs classic controls.

They don't use gamepads in PC turn-based strategy, they use a mouse. The pointer does as well as a mouse, though nobody has mastered it as well as a mouse. Also, seeing the simplicity of the FE controls, they don't really need a VC setup, they could've just used the D-pad and A/B on the Wiimote without pointing functionality. So I'm quite surprised that Nintendo puts in classic controls. Seems so conservative and unnecessary to me.

Moot point, no PC TBS plays remotely like Fire Emblem. Menus are mapped to certain buttons on the GCs pad, there aren't enough buttons to go around on the Wii Remote.

Besides, plotting character routes with the pointer would suck balls, and there's still the bettery life issue.

This game doesn't require any physical skill whatsoever; or any fast, precise selecting. Whatever the Wii remote could add to Fire Emblem would be minimal, not all games need something as advanced as motion control. I mean god, they could get it to work on a NES pad or a mobile phone keypad if they wanted to, the entire game is based around menus.