NEurope
Sarka

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Im really happy with it getting pushed back to next year as the end of this year is a hectic one for us Wii60 owners.

Im really happy with it getting pushed back to next year as the end of this year is a hectic one for us Wii60 owners.

Oh man tell me about.I dread making a full list of everything that I want.Though only 360 game i'll definently be getting is Naruto and maybe Eternal Sonota (One of the if I can afford i'll get games) and then there's that Wii, and that amount of games for that I want is about the amount I got at launch which was a good few...

I'm glad BWii and this is out next year.If we barely had any games then i'd be really annoyed.

Does this game has an European release date yet? I can't wait for this game!:grin:

Does Ilyana's mugshot seem...weird? New art style, I guess.

I can't wait for this game. It's easily one of my most anticipated game. It's rivalling SSBB for first place I guess. I'm replaying Fire Emblem GBA at the moment, loving everything of it. I'll make sure to restart another FE:POR game again.

The best improvement so far: the units can finally walk in smooth corners! Yay!

Lol, from what I've watched the cornering of your units could be a bit smoother, but atleast its not as rigid as on the GC. As for my anticipation of this, its right up there for me. Its between this and Mario- and I've not watched a thing about Mario apart from one video, so having watched all the videos on Gametrailers, its possible that Fire Emblem is the one I want most.

The past few days on the DS I have been playing the Sacred Stones- mainly due to the Fire Emblem DS announcement. Its getting my hype back up for the Wii one cos with the lack of a release date and info on the game, I'd allowed myself to try and forget it somewhat to ease the wait. :heh:

Its difficult to keep this thread alive, they should give us the game already so we can talk about it! I just went over to Gametrailers and found this staring at me on the front page... so of course I watched it.

The guy speaking talks the talk and makes the game sound as great as we expect it to be. At the end he says its out November 5th in the U.S, I wish we got it in Europe before Christmas too.

Indepth interview

If it's taken this long to translate from Jap to English, god knows when we'll get it :heh:

Hope it's soon though, but saying this, in Q1/2 we have Brawl,Mario Kart,BWii,Fire Emblem and Wii Fit now and for 3rd party there's No More Heroes, NiGHTs and Ghost Squad. That's gonna be hectic.

I hope to God there's an option for Japanese voices with subtitles in the pre-rendered cutscenes. The US voices were awful, and American accents just don't fit medievil settings anyway.

IGN gave it a 8.0

The review is horrible though. He speaks of a lack of mii integration, HA! Apparently it's nothing more than a gamecube sequel with no improvements, works for me! : peace:

I've read the IGN review. Their con(plain)s:

-There are no unnecessary tacked-on motion controls!

-There are no Miis in this character-driven game!

-The dialogues are made with text! Not with the same crappy voices in the previous game!

-We don't like the character mugs! We'd prefer the less-detailed 3D models!

-This game feels like a Gamecube! We hate Gamecubes!

I may have exaggerated there, but it's baffling to think they would open this review by complaining there's no Wii interaction, just to finish it saying they're glad they're not in, and that it balances out the other cons. It's like they're being negative on purpose.

Anyway, I'm glad to know the voices improved. I still want to know the Euro release date, though.

Hm sounds like they are being picky. Fire Emblem doesn't need these things.

8.0 seems fair for it I expected them to put a bit more effort into it compared to the first game but it seems it was already "gone gold" for the Gamecube in mind before being ported to the Wii quickly without much time to use the Wii's new features I.E. the additional power and disc storage size the wii has.

I enjoyed Path of Radiance but the presentation wasn't too great.

Fans of the game will enjoy as usual and SRPG fans but they should of done more with it for a console game and for a Wii game.

I've read the IGN review. Their con(plain)s:

-There are no unnecessary tacked-on motion controls!

-There are no Miis in this character-driven game!

-The dialogues are made with text! Not with the same crappy voices in the previous game!

-We don't like the character mugs! We'd prefer the less-detailed 3D models!

-This game feels like a Gamecube! We hate Gamecubes!

IGN. Serious business.

8.0 seems fair for it I expected them to put a bit more effort into it compared to the first game but it seems it was already "gone gold" for the Gamecube in mind before being ported to the Wii quickly without much time to use the Wii's new features I.E. the additional power and disc storage size the wii has.

I enjoyed Path of Radiance but the presentation wasn't too great.

Fans of the game will enjoy as usual and SRPG fans but they should of done more with it for a console game and for a Wii game.

What do you suggest they should've put in for presentation, then? The mugs look fine, the spells look good, the animations seem polished...

Yea i agree. If i had just seen the review, i would've guessed they gave it a 6 at best.

Well considering this series hasn't evolved like...ever, i think 8.0 shows just how great the gameplay is.

That said, Fire Emblem does have more potential and i'd like to see Nintendo push it forwards.

The series has evolved, just incrementally rather than by leaps and bounds every installment like Mario. They just don't get that when you have an actually decent formula for a strategy game you've hit the jackpot and don't want to ruin that. Any minor nuance they add to the game double the amount of possibilities.

Fire Emblem doesn't have to impress you. Infact if you even doubt its greatness your brain is obviously so tiny that you shall be deemed not worthy of owning this god of games. Its epicness is too grand to be expressed in mere numbers and words. Fire Emblem doesn't have too evolve since it is not only the most advanced form of game, but the most advanced form of matter. In fact if the human race accepts social darwinism globally in 10 million years we may just be lucky enough to have evolved into billions of copies of Fire Emblem.

But 8.0 seems like a fair score.

Well considering this series hasn't evolved like...ever, i think 8.0 shows just how great the gameplay is.

That said, Fire Emblem does have more potential and i'd like to see Nintendo push it forwards.

Just like people here said, Fire Emblem pretty much hit the jackpot with gameplay. What changes between games is the minor nuances, like the support system, class system, and other things. The core gameplay features and the presence of good plot elements usually stay the same.

The only real improvement I can think of is the possibility of a real multiplayer.

Hopefully, the next FE for DS can bring on that with Wi-fi.

Not the greatest review to read on IGN, but I understand what they're saying... kinda. Well, they said at the start that the chances are you know whether you're getting Fire Emblem before you read the review, and I think they are right. Unless they gave it a shockingly low score or something then I'd be getting it.

What they are saying with things like "no Mii integratation" is making it clear to people that this isn't necessarily a Wii game that the vast majority of Wii owners are gonna get and enjoy. This isn't a gimmicky game for all the family where you waggle the Wiimote as if it were your medieval sword, javelin or axe, no, this is a game of chess. A thinking mans game.

Personally, I'll admit that I woulda liked (and was expecting) there to be IR pointage in it, but its no biggie. Just having Fire Emblem so soon in the Wii's lifecycle (touch wood, seeing as I'm stuck in Europe) and that its a follow up to the Gamecube one, is reason enough to be excited.

Pretty poor review. I personally would love to see more FMV, but other than that and better graphics all round I thought Path of Radiance was perfect. I loved it and just wanted more of the same.

I honestly don;t see where Nintendo could take Fire Emblem in terms of gameplay as for that style of game its pretty much perfect.

Pretty poor review. I personally would love to see more FMV, but other than that and better graphics all round I thought Path of Radiance was perfect. I loved it and just wanted more of the same.

I honestly don;t see where Nintendo could take Fire Emblem in terms of gameplay as for that style of game its pretty much perfect.

I agree. I never played the gamecube one but i loved the gba ones to bits i know i'm going to love this:)

Gamespot Review Score: 6.0/10

Reason: Ultimately, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is a huge disappointment. It seems that nothing was learned from the making of Path of Radiance, and as a direct follow-up, Radiant Dawn can't even live up to its predecessor's epic story. The walls of text and unforgiving difficulty level will do nothing but alienate and discourage newcomers and even some veterans, which makes it a game purely for the hardcore crew who are dedicated to the series or the genre--anyone else need not apply.