NEurope
Sarka

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

I just got around to getting this... what an utter gem of a game. The story is amazing and the way the different tales all link together and follow on from POR is amazing.

I just wish they had done more of the cutscenes - is it just me or are they the greatest cutscenes in a game EVER?

Also, I must say Haar is the greatest character, what a total beast. He's like an unkillable tank (that flies) :)

I just wish they had done more of the cutscenes - is it just me or are they the greatest cutscenes in a game EVER?

Its just you.

Seriously though there are a few good cutscenes in the game but best ever? Not a chance.

My favourite scene is this one.

it is indeed a good game. i remeber my mate watching me play, then commenting that one of my units (spear guy in blue armor, big bastard, forget the name) was a propper unit. it was true.

there are about 5 or so units in the game you can place any were and laugh as the enemy ineeffectivly throw them selves against them.

Its just you.

Seriously though there are a few good cutscenes in the game but best ever? Not a chance.

My favourite scene is this one.

It's not just the scenes but the animation and the art style. All amazing. The other cutscenes I really remeber being ace in games are basically all the FMV from the original Command and Conquer, Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes and the amazing into to Resident Evil Remake. But I think the Fire Emblem ones are just epic.

It's not just the scenes but the animation and the art style. All amazing. The other cutscenes I really remeber being ace in games are basically all the FMV from the original Command and Conquer, Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes and the amazing into to Resident Evil Remake. But I think the Fire Emblem ones are just epic.

Theres plenty in the Final Fantasy games, all the Metal Gear Solid games ( MGS4 microwave/crawling scene is AMAZING ), Skies of Arcadia and numerous other games that surpass the cutscenes in this game. I suppose its down to what you like and have played.

The style used is great though, its a shame it wasnt used in more scenes. Valkyria Chronicles on the PS3 looks to use a similar style.

[TWEET]552915693931220992[/TWEET]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wii-Fire-Emblem-Radiant-Dawn-BRAND-NEW-SEALED-/221526511521?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3394024fa1

As the photo shows, it says 2014. Fairly expensive at $79 and it appears to be just U.S. copies but still it's unusual to me at least for Nintendo to reprint a game so old. Would Nintendo not think of reprinting games like Xenoblade Chronicles or Metroid Prime Trilogy which fetch a higher value and are more in demand?

I wonder if they do small print runs for other older games too. I think they did reprint Xenoblade Chronicles in America for GameStop.

Seeing this thread get bumped up made me go look in my collection to see if I have it and it turns out I do. Is it actually worth playing?

I wonder if it gets reprinted over here as well?

Seeing this thread get bumped up made me go look in my collection to see if I have it and it turns out I do. Is it actually worth playing?

Yeah, it's a good game. The storyline is great and made even better and more meaningful if you've played the GameCube game.

I wonder if they do small print runs for other older games too. I think they did reprint Xenoblade Chronicles in America for GameStop.

This like a million other games is sitting in my "to do" pile. I hear it's great, all the Fire Emblems are meant to be good. Bought the GBA version on the eShop last year and guess what pile that's sitting in as well?

You're right they did do a reprint of Xenoblade for Gamestop and as I remember it they scalped people.

Edit: Yes they did.

http://kotaku.com/gamestop-90-xenoblade-is-based-on-current-market-val-1123377091