NEurope
Sarka

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Its a hardcore game made for the fans and thats just how I want it as there are too few of these games on the Wii.

One thing I didnt like about the review was how they said the graphics and music hadnt evolved fom the Cube version. I thought the music was fantastic in the PoR especially that song that comes on during the forest cutscene ( sorry forgot the name )

I don't get all the crap about the support system when the game still has them. There's two kinds of support, buddy supports which can occur between any character and boost stats and bond supports which are only between certain characters and have conversations. What's the problem? That's better, if anything.

The problem is that the new supports aren't lengthy conversations from what I heard. Just a few generic lines. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm not getting my hopes up

The strategic value is still there, though. Nothing to worry about there.

One thing I didnt like about the review was how they said the graphics and music hadnt evolved fom the Cube version. I thought the music was fantastic in the PoR especially that song that comes on during the forest cutscene ( sorry forgot the name )

Agreed. Most reviewers act as if the Gamecube game wasn't good in that aspect.

Yeah Jonnas, I've not really been worried about reading that its too much like previous Fire Emblems, or that its too "hardcore" or too difficult or whatever else. I expect that, but it is strange that the story might be lacking? It is probably spot on though, Path o' Radiance touched on some good themes and I expect this will too.

Just gotta wait it out til around Easter it seems.

A few reviews say that the plot is good, but the storytelling may get a bit confusing/complex, since it alternates different perspectives frequently.

So, two options:

-The reviewers didn't like the storytelling and labeled the story as subpar;

-They didn't bother to play the entire game.

The second option is the impression I got from Gamespot.

They said something along the lines of: "The plot is bad at the beginning. It improves later on, but you probably won't complete the first half." And proceeded to label the plot as laughable. (Oh, the irony...)

Personally, I'm confident that the plot will be good.

Out of curiosity, what are Gamespot's views on the plot of Killer7?

They said it was confusing and got you talking, but it's part of it's charm. No complaints from them.

To be honest, seeing the presentation of the game, I wouldn't be surprised if the story is an intentional joke.

This looks to be suitably awesome, Fire Emblem is great.

Things I like that reviewers don't:

• Stats, loads of them.
  • Depth.
  • Lots of text. (hell, my favourite game has more unvoiced dialogue than the bible)
  • Challenge.
  • Watching the little animations.
  • Length.
  • Planning being necessary.
  • The fact that when people are dead, they die.

I always thought the story in POR ended somewhat... abruptly. Maybe it was because the final boss fight was a bit on the easy side. The story was building up to a great climax, Ashnard unlocking some hidden powers or something. Then you defeated him and everything was fine and peaceful again. Quite an anti-climax to me.

That's where Radiant Dawn comes in. It continues the story. POR had many supporting characters that weren't really touched upon, like the "lion king" (forgot his name), the dragon tribe and of course the Beignon Commander that took over Daein.

From the very beginning the storyline acted as one overarching story. Characters were created for use in the sequel. That's what I like about this game. So those reviewers that say the story element is weak or subpar, I doubt they understand the whole picture.

Sure, the story may not be original, I mean, every Fire Emblem title follows a recognizable path. But hey, don't about every other game out there does that?

I really hope this game will show up early in 2008. Im not expecting January, but February would be a great month to release this. If March 18 is true, then so be it :P

I think I'll buy POR for 40 quid after all. I don't want to be left out in the dark when this comes out.

The thing is with these reviews, they seem to be forgetting the game's nearly a year old now, the Japanese version came out in February, which makes it a launch window release, so the game isn't going to look amazing. It has improved since PoR though seeing how they added some animations to make the battles a little more entertaining to watch. We're also getting wide screen support as well, which the Japanese version doesn't have.

This is a series I want to get into, but aint prepared to pay £30+ for the GC or Wii game.

I think I'm best off starting with the original's remake on DS which is coming next year, think that's the best option?

This is a series I want to get into, but aint prepared to pay £30+ for the GC or Wii game.

I think I'm best off starting with the original's remake on DS which is coming next year, think that's the best option?

I know the Cube version is expensive but it is worth every penny IMO. I think all those who played it would agree that its a fantastic game.

You can get F.E:Sacred Stones pretty cheap off ebay if you want to try the series out, £12.99 brand new and sealed!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIRE-EMBLEM-THE-SACRED-STONES-GBA-DS-SP-NEW_W0QQitemZ230202809266QQihZ013QQcategoryZ112698QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have used these guys many times before and they are great just incase anyone is interested. Oh, and no I dont work for them :)

To be honest, I don't know. There are Fire Emblems that are more complex than others.

If you want an introduction to the series, try Fire Emblem for the GBA. The gameplay is not too complicated and it has a pretty decent difficulty. Plus, it has the longer durability (I'm not counting RD yet).

EDIT: Sacred Stones is cool, too. I just like the other FE more, but both work.

If you're new to the series, I would suggest Fire Emblem on GBA indeed. Both (FE: Sacred Stones) are a fine starting point actually. If you can find POR on GC, I'd say buy it. It's a steal and a gem. I loved every bit of it.

If you wanna see if you like the game, you may wanna take a look at Advance Wars actually. It's made by the same team and sports the same basic mechanics, but with tanks and other military stuff. It has less personality (a tank is just a tank you built), but is also less demanding. When a character dies in FE, you actually want to restart the mission. In Advance Wars, you just go build another.

Ah sorry for drifting away. I've tried other Strategy RPGs, like Ogre Battle and Final Fantasy Tactics, I gotta admit that Fire Emblem is a whole lot more accessible and fun. Maybe it's my love for Intelligent Systems or the mechanics, it really is one of my fave series. I think finding some older games in preparation for Radiant Dawn would be an excellent move methinks.

Sacred stones is probably the easiest fire emblem, because you can go back and fight people all the time, so you don't have to worry about how to assign experience as there's plenty to go round.

Sacred stones is probably the easiest fire emblem, because you can go back and fight people all the time, so you don't have to worry about how to assign experience as there's plenty to go round.

Yeah, but if you save in the settings menu, you can't go back until you beat the chapter. And there are a few pretty hard chapters around, too.

Of course you can train your units in the tower, but if you don't visit the tower at all, you can have a better challenge.

I keep looking for the Fire Emblem for the Cube in GAME and Gamestation but never find it. It's definently I one I want to add to my Cube collection before I don't buy anymore for the little purple console.

It'll get me all prepared for the Wii version :)

I'm starting to get worried...what are the odds of it not being released in Europe at all?

How well did PoR do here?

If it's not released here I'll buy you the US console and game myself.

Just a reminder :D

I can understand it not being out yet here, but shouldn't there be SOME news about it, months after the US release? This is starting to sound a little too much like animal crossing.

Apparently it totally bombed in the US, i wouldn't expect anything. Unless its like... Q2 or something.

I was browser several Dutch retailers' website to look for Ghost Squad, Zack & Wiki and Advance Wars: Dark Conflict (Man, what an expensive month this January!) and to my surprise, I saw one listing a page for Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn! Woohoo!

See http://www.bartsmit.com/shop/productDetail.php?menuID=233&productID=185184

It's listed as March 14, which sounds plausible, as March is the first 'big' month in the traditional games industry. POR on Cube released in March too if Im correct.

Can't wait for it!

I was browser several Dutch retailers' website to look for Ghost Squad, Zack & Wiki and Advance Wars: Dark Conflict (Man, what an expensive month this January!) and to my surprise, I saw one listing a page for Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn! Woohoo!

See http://www.bartsmit.com/shop/productDetail.php?menuID=233&productID=185184

It's listed as March 14, which sounds plausible, as March is the first 'big' month in the traditional games industry. POR on Cube released in March too if Im correct.

Can't wait for it!

That's the same date NoF listed. Looking good IMO.

The PAL version of PoR was released in November.

I know the Cube version is expensive but it is worth every penny IMO. I think all those who played it would agree that its a fantastic game.

You can get F.E:Sacred Stones pretty cheap off ebay if you want to try the series out, £12.99 brand new and sealed!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIRE-EMBLEM-THE-SACRED-STONES-GBA-DS-SP-NEW_W0QQitemZ230202809266QQihZ013QQcategoryZ112698QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have used these guys many times before and they are great just incase anyone is interested. Oh, and no I dont work for them :)

NOOOOOO!

"The games are packed in card to protect them in the post"

Don't do it! If you can, unless they have an authentic looking (non-googled) picture of a preowned game, don't buy it off eBay. Especially since I got a fake Pokemon LeafGreen that way that refused to save, and so was useless. A common sign of cheap crap is that they make some excuse about packaging and/or say that the box is flatpacked to help protect the packaging. BS! Beware of these scams.

Hmm, I didn't think that not releasing this in Europe was an option? I reckon it will come, better late than never. March sounds around what I expected, lets hope it happens.

[*]Watching the little animations.

They're shit on the 'Cube one though...and this one by the sound of it

[*]The fact that when people are dead, they die.

They're actually just badly wounded ;)

NOOOOOO!

"The games are packed in card to protect them in the post"

Don't do it! If you can, unless they have an authentic looking (non-googled) picture of a preowned game, don't buy it off eBay. Especially since I got a fake Pokemon LeafGreen that way that refused to save, and so was useless. A common sign of cheap crap is that they make some excuse about packaging and/or say that the box is flatpacked to help protect the packaging. BS! Beware of these scams.

The trick is to only buy EU versions. It seems it's always the US copys that are copied.

Looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy the cube version! Too many games I want atm, argh. How long is the cube original btw? I need to buy Tales of Symphonia too but it somehow feels easier to pay £30 for that as it's such a really long game.

Looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy the cube version! Too many games I want atm, argh. How long is the cube original btw? I need to buy Tales of Symphonia too but it somehow feels easier to pay £30 for that as it's such a really long game.

It depends. It has aprox. 30 chapters. It has a great story, hard mode and it's a great game, despite being way shorter than ToS. Plus, it serves as a big setup for Radiant Dawn.

My advice: get both. They're worth it.