N-Europe

Excite Truck Official Thread

Sarka

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not excited. ba da boom chih.

PS. I was skeptical the controller would be held this way.. I said it was stupid.

But they went and did it.. I still stand my my statement, I can't see myself playing games sideways like that- in fact it's such a turn off I won't buy any games like that.

I stand by my statement that it isn't a sufficient experience.. but it will probably be quite fun for short periods of time.

I guess I'll have to use a shell.

Nintendork, do you anything other than moan? By positive for once, dammit!

I think this game looks like a right laugh, but I won't be getting it at launch (Mario Galaxy, Red Steel, Wii Sports, and LoZ:TP will do me just fine, as well as Metroid Prime 3 Corruption if it is a launch title). Meh, after my £1300 PC, there goes the rest of my savings ;)

Nintendork, do you anything other than moan? By positive for once, dammit!

I am positive about the following.

Mario, Red Steel, Metroid, Zelda, Wii Sports and a few other launch titles.

That counts as being positive at least 5 times.. I can't be positive about this, it looks like a laugh and could keep you buy from Christmas until mid January.. then you would get bored and want something new.

Much like the PS2 launch had Smuggler's Run.

screen_06.gif

It wasn't that great..

I was massively dissappointed with this - Im a massive fan of Excitebike and thisvfelt like a waste, it looked fast and fun but intially really average.

However...after reading handson reports, it actually sounds really interesting, the control is meant to bebrilliant and really intuitive (are you listening Nintendork ;) ) and one interesting feature is that there are loads of question marks, when you ride over this, terrain changes on the level, creating new routes and bigger jumps, it also effects otherraces when they are on said sections. As an example it was said that it was a fkat bit of road which suddenyl turns into a mountainside!!!

This for me sounds awesome and scope for some great strategy and multiplayer races!!! Trust Nintendo......

I've changed my mind about this...

It looks quite good. DYNAMICALY CHANGING TERRAIN. By the time I'd written my previous post, I'd forgotten one thing reggie said during the conference: the terrain changes depending on how you drive. As far as I understand, if you drop from real high altitudes, there are 3D holes after your wheels in the ground, which can make your opponents lose controll...

Didn't Fony have a game like this as a demo for the PS3 last year? Sandstorm or whatever it was called?

IN YO FACE, FONY!

I quite liked the simplicity of this! It's meant to be a OTT title for everyone and it hits the nail right on the head. Just go as fast as you can and do massive jumps etc...

I'm getting it, i think.

it looks really rushed , much like tony hawk and many of the other games. Im totally interested in the control scheme for both those games though, and theres plenty of time to polish up those grainy graphics before launch