NEurope
Charlie

Final Fantasy XIII

Can't believe how divided people seem to be on this game. Some are saying it's a breath of fresh air for the series, whilst others are saying it's shit. Who to believe...

http://www.destructoid.com/new-final-fantasy-xiii-trailer-superb-voice-acting-160375.phtml

I just watched this trailer and ugh... UGH...

Its not that the voices are bad or that the characters are effeminate, but how can anyone be interested in this! Over the top melodramatic fmvs that are so completely disparate from the gameplay its like they were developed separately. I don't think any other trailer could make the game look more boring.

http://www.destructoid.com/new-final-fantasy-xiii-trailer-superb-voice-acting-160375.phtml

I just watched this trailer and ugh... UGH...

Its not that the voices are bad or that the characters are effeminate, but how can anyone be interested in this! Over the top melodramatic fmvs that are so completely disparate from the gameplay its like they were developed separately. I don't think any other trailer could make the game look more boring.

Apart what I guess is Christina Aquilera singing in the background I thought that was really good.

Fucking hell, the people reviewing Final Fantasy XIII must have been expecting the next coming of Jesus if they're getting that worked up about it. I could get thirty hours of entertainment out of just watching videos of this bad boy.

Apart what I guess is Christina Aquilera singing in the background I thought that was really good.

Reona Rewisss (if you're Japanese)

That was Leona Lewis... wow, she sounded American.

Or just borderline racist. *tut-tuts*

It's more like Reona (or Riona, that sounds more correct phonetically.) Ruisu.[/Ooh look at me I know Japanese and I like to show off]

I watched the trailer last night on Xbox Live and loved it. I haven't been that hyped up about the game but the flashy FMVs and action shots did the trick. I didn't mind the song either.

A few of my mates watched it last night and loved it aswell, made for some good crack at work today. Now I just need to decide which console to get it on...

A few of my mates watched it last night and loved it aswell, made for some good crack at work today. Now I just need to decide which console to get it on...

For me it's PS3. I don't know. Pretty much every FF game I played I played on a PS system. So I guess it's tradition. :laughing:

I always justify purchasing the PS3 version (own both) by the fact it's usually always on one disc, I won't need to maintain a subscription to play online (should it have the option) and I may have a console to come back to should I wish to play it again in a few years time. That, and I prefer the PS3 controller, too. And it isn't really loud to have my PS3 on.

Unless of course the PS3 version is massively worse, for whatever reason, but given this was initially intended for the PS3 I can't see that happening.

Or just borderline racist. *tut-tuts*

It's more like Reona (or Riona, that sounds more correct phonetically.) Ruisu.[/Ooh look at me I know Japanese and I like to show off]

Uhh, it was a joke.

Was it? Then how come it wasn't at all funny? Tell me that, Star Wars boy.

You seriously lack social skills...take a joke; don't call everyone on them.

This is the Internet, you don't need social skills and mine was a joke, too. You didn't mind calling me up on that one, did you?

Fahking hypocrite.

You're both shit at this :p

It baffles me that they chose an X Factor winner for this. Hearing several versions of a Leona Lewis song through a Final Fantasy will be boring in comparison to the usual unknown breakthrough singers. I tend to like to research them like I did for Utada Hikaru after Kingdom Hearts.

This is the Internet, you don't need social skills and mine was a joke, too. You didn't mind calling me up on that one, did you?

Fahking hypocrite.

No wonder most people on here think you're a socially inept weirdo. Really...

I'm still somewhat looking forward to this game, but there's a lot of decent stuff coming out early this year. I definitely like the sound of White Knight Chronicles, and Heavy Rain sounds interesting. Choices, choices.

Edited by Sheikah

We're all socially inept weirdos, that's why we're on a fucking forum talking about videogames, genius. Talk about takes one to know one. Really…

I'll happily state that I'm outside of that niche, contrary to what you believe everyone on this forum is. We're not all social life-lacking people, you know. All I'm saying is that you often seem to misread people and stumble in these sorts of social situations. Your replies often seem really strange.

Edited by Sheikah

Fahking hypocrite.

I didn't get it :(

Edited by Solo
Automerged Doublepost

I can't stop watching the trailer, even the song has grown on me. I think i've watched it around 10 times now on Live. :)

I got a text message off a mate yesterday you had just watched it, he thought it was fantastic and cant wait to get his hands on it.

Well done S-E, you have scored a few more sales just by using a flashy trailer! :D

I can't stop watching the trailer, even the song has grown on me. I think i've watched it around 10 times now on Live. :)

I got a text message off a mate yesterday you had just watched it, he thought it was fantastic and cant wait to get his hands on it.

Well done S-E, you have scored a few more sales just by using a flashy trailer! :D

I am surprised you haven't been posting the most in this thread, I thought you knew it was made by the same team behind Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy X and X-2.

Can't believe how divided people seem to be on this game. Some are saying it's a breath of fresh air for the series, whilst others are saying it's shit. Who to believe...

Im expecting a shallow, candy-filled spectacle of a game and nothing more. If it turns out to be more than that ill be pleasantly surprised.

A linear 30-50 hour RPG could actually be a good thing depending on how well its paced

Im expecting a shallow, candy-filled spectacle of a game and nothing more. If it turns out to be more than that ill be pleasantly surprised.

Eh, have you played FF games before? They're never shallow.