N-Europe

Final Fantasy CC: The Crystal Bearers!

Charlie

Gulp, just watched that trailer - lookin hot hot hot! And you's would be right in saying its got a hint of Skies o Arcadia about it, something thats far from being a bad thing. Bring it!
Hell yeah!

20040826070818801wh2.jpg

Bring it!

Is it done by the original studio?
Yes Square-Enix's Game Designer's Studio (GDS) :)

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looks really good, and yes, I too think it has a skies of arcadia feel to it, so that's REALLY good.

I really like the the short piece where the character is running through what I think is a city.

I just hope there's a big chunky online multiplayer mode. If they basically re-released the first CC with online multiplayer, I'd buy it tommorow. I want a nice big co-op experience to savour. A big 1st player action adventure is all well and good, but I want my comrades by my side. The video did put me in mind of PSO somehow. I will pray hard every day that that is the direction this game takes.

I just hope there's a big chunky online multiplayer mode. If they basically re-released the first CC with online multiplayer, I'd buy it tommorow. I want a nice big co-op experience to savour. A big 1st player action adventure is all well and good, but I want my comrades by my side. The video did put me in mind of PSO somehow. I will pray hard every day that that is the direction this game takes.

I really doubt this title would have multiplayer like the original CC, based on the fact that the DS game Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates seems to focus on just that.

I agree, the first was great, but online would have made it a true classic

Yeah, it looks pretty good. Like the action based combat, but I hope they keep the huuuuuge summons in it from the main series. That would make it perfect. Go for something like Tales of Symphonia's battle system but with more depth and 3D.

Yeah, it looks pretty good. Like the action based combat, but I hope they keep the huuuuuge summons in it from the main series. That would make it perfect. Go for something like Tales of Symphonia's battle system but with more depth and 3D.

That would actually make it perfect :D

Does anyone know what's on GDS' resume games wise? Have they ever created something this ambitious?

GDS were purposely formed by Nintendo and Square Enix to make Final Fantasy games for Nintendo consoles, I think their only previous work before this game is actually Crystal Chronicles although I can't be sure.

I thought they already stated that this has no multiplayer. That it was going to be a fully fledged single player experience.

They've said it's going to have a fully fledged single player mode. Everyone's been under the impression that this would have online multiplayer since the first preview vid way back when. If they can put it in DQ9, there's no reason they can't have it here.

I just hope they don't ruin it (for me) by making it have a menu-based battle system.
The teaser seems to confirm real time battles, which is a very good thing as turn-based is getting quite archaic. Ignoring Pokemon of course.