N-Europe

Final Fantasy CC: The Crystal Bearers!

Charlie

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as long as there isn't too much spiky hair. It's about the only the cliché in FF that really gets my goat for some reason. The inherently plausible and distinctly non-lethal hair styles of the last CC were a breath of fresh air for me.

Yeah but I highly doubt that was in-game footage
I don't:

ffccwii5lo.jpg

1st Image: look at the back of the character legs, right... polygons, and the floor texture is blury... Now Square is the queen of FMV's they wouldn't let this pass their quality standards, specially because of the polygons since in a 3D workstation they could just apply NURBS. (rounded polygons)

2nd Image: look at the hair, it's polygonal too, and the arm joint aswell as the character clothes... are clearly polygonal

That little teaser was mostly CGI... they just didn't took that much time to make it (was only like 20seconds)

And im not saying that the game will look like KH2.. im just saying that it uses the same kind of art.

Thats what all the people that saw the trailer said.

That little teaser was CGI... they just didn't took that much time to make it (was only like 20seconds)

And im not saying that the game will look like KH2.. im just saying that it uses the same kind of art.

Nah, NURBS don't take time to apply you know, they are a click of distance away in software they use.

Hence why Square wouldn't do a FMV with polygons showing up. They've also shown FMV's for FFXIII what would be the point in showing polygons on that?

Render/Concept Art:

4043109ew.jpg

In-Game:

404358jt.jpg

404365nq.jpg

(quite the diference heh? :heh:)

Back on Crystal Chronicles... That character model we've seen on that trailer... is more than possible in-game, it's not even "that" High Polygon. It's clearly a mesh meant to be used in-game.

How much did the characters change since then? I dunno, but still that's no technical feat.

I'm looking forward to this one.

That little teaser was mostly CGI... they just didn't took that much time to make it (was only like 20seconds)

If it was mostly CGI then there wasn't much of a difference between that and the actual graphics.

People reported that they couldn't tell the difference between actual footage and the CGI.

Also as pedro pointed out,Square would never go sloppy on the cut-scenes and I can back that up with cut-scenes i've seen from there games.Star Ocean for example,a PS2 games,cut-scenes are lovely and look better than that clip of Crystal Chronicles.Also you can see the polygons which you wouldn't see in Squares cutscenes.

People reported that they couldn't tell the difference between actual footage and the CGI.
The game is quite likely to have quality graphics. If you put good Wii game clips in small resolution clips few are going to tell the difference between CGI and in-game stuff.

We need to see that trailer!!!

God dammit.. no one had the balls to film it!!

I agree,we've waited ages to see something else of the game.

But since the Square-Enix guy did ask if people wouldn't record,I don't think they would want to screw things up before the event and didn't want to do it due to respect/honour.

But i'm hoping withing the week the trailer will get released.

1st Image: look at the back of the character legs, right... polygons, and the floor texture is blury... Now Square is the queen of FMV's they wouldn't let this pass their quality standards, specially because of the polygons since in a 3D workstation they could just apply NURBS. (rounded polygons)

I have big squared leg muscles as well.

The last CC was one of the best looking games on GC, second only to RE4. I have no doubt that this will really make the best possible use of the Wii's visual capability.

Agreed, Square never make ugly games, I reckon this will look sweet. CC was awesome visually, from the style and direction right through to the modela, textures and effects.

FFVII wasn't remotely ugly. Pre-rendered backgrounds looked good although obviously didn't use high quality images by today's standards. The character models were a deliberate style to retain some of the qualities of the sprites in 3d I think but they obviously changed their minds with 8 onwards.

For the time it was pretty obviously a good looking game. The battles were pretty impressive for the era really.

Allow me to disagree, I never played FFVII back then because of its graphics, not because it's 10 years old now. Honestly i was hyped as hell, but as soon as I saw those hideous arms... Must be because I was used to the best.