Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

Seems like we won't see any new characters yet ...

There are rumors flying around that new characters for hotly anticipated Wii title Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be unveiled at Nintendo's upcoming Nintendo World 2006 exhibition in Japan. They are not true.

Here's where it's coming from -- designer Masahiro Sakurai's official Smash blog, which says (in the Japanese):

新キャラたちがゲーム画面上で動いているのは、世界初公開!

機会があるかたは、お見逃しなく。

Apparently a few first-year Japanese students are looking at the beginning of this paragraph, seeing the construction shin-kyara ("new characters") and assuming the rest of the sentence says WILL BE REVEALED!!!1 when what it actually says is "For the first time, the general public will be able to see the new characters moving around in actual game screens!" So basically it just means real-time game footage with the characters that were already revealed. Cool -- but not what they're saying it is.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2006/10/super_smash_bro.html

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like we won't see any new characters yet ...

http://blog.wired.com/games/2006/10/super_smash_bro.html

Thanks for clearing that one up.

Anyway I'm intrigued into how this mid-air combat is going to work. I don't think they'll be just giving characters more jumps, because that simply would aid people's recoverys. Maybe they're just going to balcance it out a bit more, seeing as characters like Marth and Peach were insanely better than everyone else in the air.

I hope Sonic's in it, I don't think Tails should be added simply because then people will start wanting Knuckles too, and I'd rather have more Nintendo characters than Miles 'pushing' one of them out of the game.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Waluigi, there's just something about him that makes me like him and think he'd be good in it (though there's a VERY slim chance of that)

Thanks for clearing that one up.

Anyway I'm intrigued into how this mid-air combat is going to work. I don't think they'll be just giving characters more jumps, because that simply would aid people's recoverys. Maybe they're just going to balcance it out a bit more, seeing as characters like Marth and Peach were insanely better than everyone else in the air.

Marth being insanely better? He doesn't really have any finishing moves for when he's in the air...that said though his reach let's him do wonders :bouncy: .

If they're changing the mid-air combat, they're really going to have to be careful whilst sorting out priority. Seriously, if they ain't careful, we're gonna end up with another Peach :mad:

Maybe we can now play with 8 characters?

I mean, that's total anarchy :D

Lol! 8 player would be good for elimination matches, but wpould get kind of annoying after a while. Still, it's good to have massive melee matches when you first get into a new Smash game, because it helps you learn the ropes and stilll have lots of fun. I've noticed a lot of my noob smash friends enjoy the game FAR more if it's a 4-way-all items match, because they can like piss around a bit...and maybe even kill someone :o

But i doubt there would be an 8 player style mode, would be a bit...meh...