Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

For me the online mode is pretty much what I want in a game. I hate voice chat. Having matches, being able to jump in and out of friends matches and see if they're fighting or not - perfect! Love all the custimastion, the level swapping....it's great. Would be great to see friedns stats but minor quibble.

Worst thing? Well I haven't played it much, but I suppose the worst thing would be the loading times

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word st thing for me is the characters. Could of added much better ones like Lloyd from ToS. I'm not saying this cause i'm a huge ToS fan or anything, but he would of been perfect for Brawl. He already has his move set along with his final smash and anyone that is a fan of ToS would be able to see that.

I see no point in some characters like R.O.B or Dedede for starters. Would rather play as Toadsworth or Birdo...

Would you really wanna hear a bunch of high pitched american kids screaming at you for knocking their favourite character out or someone commenting on how sexy samus is :blank:

No, which is why I would only use the voice chat to talk to people I know. Doesn't take a genius to work that one out.

No, which is why I would only use the voice chat to talk to people I know. Doesn't take a genius to work that one out.

Well excuse me for not thinking but i just got up :heh: and the people I know would rather be at my house playing the game locally

Sorry that was a bit snide reading back over it.

But yeah. Say for example playing people off this forum, who you know aren't gonna be idiots on voice chat. It just makes it much more fun when you have a bit of banter while you play.

Sorry that was a bit snide reading back over it.

But yeah. Say for example playing people off this forum, who you know aren't gonna be idiots on voice chat. It just makes it much more fun when you have a bit of banter while you play.

I <3 Voice chat.

Theres nothing like (On Halo for example) explaining to your team "I have a really good technique on this map...go to the back, penetrate their rear and go at them hard and fast."

If they like that then continue with

"Ill go first, then you guys come in their rear after me."

And such. I say this practically daily now.

You should go into comedy. : peace:

Really? I'll look into it :awesome:

Also, I would want Voice Chat only with friends. Though actually, hearing them scream when they lose would be fun at times.

Though there's always skype but it's not as if you have time to talk much when your concentrating.

I <3 Voice chat.

Theres nothing like (On Halo for example) explaining to your team "I have a really good technique on this map...go to the back, penetrate their rear and go at them hard and fast."

If they like that then continue with

"Ill go first, then you guys come in their rear after me."

And such. I say this practically daily now.

lol, i'm so tempted to make a comment at something you said in there :heh:

Really? I'll look into it :awesome:

Also, I would want Voice Chat only with friends. Though actually, hearing them scream when they lose would be fun at times.

Though there's always skype but it's not as if you have time to talk much when your concentrating.

You saying when you played Melee in multiplayer there was silence in the room?

And unfortunately some people (i.e me) can't use Skype when using the Wii :(

I think more credit is due to the game.

It is definetly the best Wii game so far, they packed in so much stuff onto one disk, thought about everything included very well and generally its a masterpiece.

NO CAUSE GANONDRFOFF IZ A CLON3 AND IT SHOULD HAVE MEGAMAN! NO VOICE CHAT SUX, LIVE FTW, NINTENDO SUX!

My flatmates copy came today. After much jiggery with the Freeloader, we got it working and I have no joined the fray. Unfortunately we have no Wi-Fi here, so I will not be online as of yet, but hope to be taunting you fucks soon.

Wario is incredible, his bike kicks ass.

Since when have you been able to read my thoughts? Freaky!

g25ai.jpg

It is a gift.

You can't argue with that logic.

*waits for eu release*

Nope. No you can't.

But seriously, it's really great to see that people focus on the lack of Live-like online and ignore the huge ammount of things in this game, like trophies, assis trophies, 35 characters, a bajillion songs, stickers, VC demos, snapshot functions, etc...

g25ai.jpg

It is a gift.

Nope. No you can't.

But seriously, it's really great to see that people focus on the lack of Live-like online and ignore the huge ammount of things in this game, like trophies, assis trophies, 35 characters, a bajillion songs, stickers, VC demos, snapshot functions, etc...

lol nice

Seriously though the lack of chat doesnt bother me as its very rare that I use my Wii for online gaming besides for me Smash is all about local multiplayer.

You saying when you played Melee in multiplayer there was silence in the room?

And unfortunately some people (i.e me) can't use Skype when using the Wii :(

True, with friends there was usually some humour about with people shouting "NOOOOOO" when they got kicked out or to be nasty and rub it in peoples faces that you were better than them...

I haven't tried Skype actually. Will soon.

Also I looked through my Challenges and i've got a lot more done than I though. Most is to do with completing things as characters, still can't do Cruel or 15 Min Brawl :heh:

Just unlocked Wolf, so that's all the characters now. He's surprisingly different from Fox and Falco, although I'd still have preferred Krystal with a completely different moveset. Now to have a go at tackling All Star mode, Boss mode and events 30-40. Can't believe how much there still is to do! :D

How can no voice chat be a bad feature of the game? Instead of wallowing in the features that aren't present in a game, why not appreciate the game for what it is?

g25ai.jpg

It is a gift.

Nope. No you can't.

I'm not ignoring the great features. I absolutely love this game. That doesn't mean I can't suggest things that could make it better.

People complained that Mario Galaxy was too easy, or Halo 3's campaign was too short. Does that make them bad games? No. It just makes them games that could be improved.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!