Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be region locked to minimise lag I believe, unless you have someone's friend code I think.

If it is locked they could possibly lock the friend codes you know. That happened on PES for the DS and Tony Hawks Downhill Jam for the DS also.

ReZourceman - It is released on on 31/1 in Japan. normally play-asia get games in 1/2 days early so hopefully they will ship monday/tuesday.

Actually its both

I'm talking about the main reason. If it was due to Wii wireless how come most times I play online, say for example on Mario strikers and have a game with the max quality and it's 100% lag free? If it was due to Wiis limitations it would be impossible to achieve this.

EDIT: Of course that wired would be faster as it can stream more data, but most internet connections aren't faster than Wii's wi-fi, that's what I'm trying to say.

I'm talking about the main reason. If it was due to Wii wireless how come most times I play online, say for example on Mario strikers and have a game with the max quality and it's 100% lag free? If it was due to Wiis limitations it would be impossible to achieve this.

EDIT: Of course that wired would be faster as it can stream more data, but most internet connections aren't faster than Wii's wi-fi, that's what I'm trying to say.

You're not making much sense. Wired connection is faster than wifi. Or more reliable I should say. The further you are from your router, the worse the data speeds will be.

Quiz. (To pass time with no updates)

A man lives in a very large mansion. His internet wireless router is located in the bottom floor, on the south easterly most room of his house. His Nintendo Wii is located on the 4th floor, in the most north westerly room of his house, however when he plays games there is no lag at all.

Why is this?

Winner gets a metaphorical cookie and the respect of his or her peers.

A man lives in a very large mansion. His internet wireless router is located in the bottom floor, on the south easterly most room of his house. His Nintendo Wii is located on the 4th floor, in the most north westerly room of his house, however when he plays games there is no lag at all.

Why is this?

Because he's not playing online?

Why is this?

Because despite having a wireless router he uses an ethernet cable?

Edit: Oops, Flinks go it...

I don't know if this has been posted, but:

http://topicscollector.blog55.fc2.com/blog-entry-2815.html

The first Youtube video you'll see here is new. Only actual gameplay is shown. Great clips. It features:

-An exciting encounter between Sonic and Mario on Battlefield;

-Several Final Smashes in action;

-Snake owning Link (I'm sooo maining Snake);

New songs:

-The Legend of Zelda Main Theme (rearranged);

-Pokémon Main Theme (rearranged. I didn't like this theme very much, but this arrangement won me over);

-Delfino plaza;

-Strike (from Fire Emblem 7, the first one released on the west)

The stuff about lag being caused by wireless connections is partially false.

I've personally had a router for my connection at home since I got broadband. At first it was a nieusence because it kept disconnecting all the time, however, after a few patches (and improvements at the company I got my connections from) I can play any Halflife mod, World in Conflict, and all the battlefield games. Yeah, sometimes the connection got interrupted, and yeah, sometimes I got fairly high latency.

I just moved in to a studentappartment, so I got myself an own laptop, with built in wireless, and a newer router. My downloads are faster, my games are lagg free, and I've never got disconnected from a game.

I know friends who have complained that their wireless connections are bad, but there are reasons:

One had a computer that had USB 1, and the router had USB 2.0 standard, meaning it was faster.

Another lived in a freaking concrete bunker of a house, which probably could keep even gamma radiation out.

And then there were those with a really old router, or dog slow computers.

Finally there was one who downloaded like a bilion files at one time.

um.. no. Most the reason for lag is because of people's connections.
Yeah, the Wii's connection is perfectly able to get an average throughput of 15 Mbps, which is enough for any game at all. Lag will happen because light needs to travel. If you play someone in Australia, it'll take 0.6 seconds for the data to travel there in the best case; that's how lag occurs.

I don't know if this has been posted, but:

http://topicscollector.blog55.fc2.com/blog-entry-2815.html

The first Youtube video you'll see here is new. Only actual gameplay is shown. Great clips. It features:

-An exciting encounter between Sonic and Mario on Battlefield;

-Several Final Smashes in action;

-Snake owning Link (I'm sooo maining Snake);

New songs:

-The Legend of Zelda Main Theme (rearranged);

-Pokémon Main Theme (rearranged. I didn't like this theme very much, but this arrangement won me over);

-Delfino plaza;

-Strike (from Fire Emblem 7, the first one released on the west)

Gorgeous video!

That 5 minute video made me realise something...

When does Snake have Captain Falcons (in melee)air attacks. His neutral air, forward air and up air are all similar to CF's and ganondorfs...

Weird.

Actually, his Up air looked a lot like Sheik's, not Falcon or GanonDorf

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!